Indian world champs?

Rudeboyben84

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just wondering if there has ever been pro boxing world champ form India? I know there is one holding a minor belt now fighting for frank Warren? WBC oceanic or something but how many world champs have they produced?

Cheers lads.

Oh boy.....don't look up their Olympic medal count.

No there hasn't. Isn't there a similar thread to this in the Heavy's? I'm assuming maybe you got the idea from there. Cuz boxing was definitely touched in that as well.

No there hasn't. Isn't there a similar thread to this in the Heavy's? I'm assuming maybe you got the idea from there. Cuz boxing was definitely touched in that as well.

Yep the UFC forum was what gave me the idea, couldn’t think of any and Google didn’t help me find any! Damn! Not one? Crazy...

There was an Olympic boxer from India who had some hype following him into the Olympics.... but I don't think he did too well.

Indians develop abdominal fat more easily than others. It makes it hard for them in weight class sports. They are good at cricket though.

Just wondering if there has ever been pro boxing world champ form India? I know there is one holding a minor belt now fighting for frank Warren? WBC oceanic or something but how many world champs have they produced?

Cheers lads.
non. But one with real potential is sim bhullar and tanveer bhullar if they both leave basketball and pursue boxing instead. Sim bhullar plays pro basketball in china but needs to give up cause he isn't athletic enough to play in the nba.

But if sim bhullar switched to boxing along with his brother they both have potential to be world champions. Sim bhullar is 7 foot 5 and 400 pounds with a 98 inch wingspan an his brother has a wing span of 93 inches

*Deep hindi accent*
"Oh Nooo! F Dat Broooooo!"

My east indian buddy tells me how they often don't eat protein in that country, that probably has something to do with it. Also, it seems as though there is a real caste system where a lot of the population has a disdain for physical labor. There have been no east indian champs that I'm aware of. My opinion it would be cultural rather than genetics. the numbers are there, enough people. I was surprised to see the average iq was amongst the lowest on earth given the fact that the best computer minds in the world come from there. It's ironic that they don't have any good fighters because martial arts had some roots there.

Indians develop abdominal fat more easily than others. It makes it hard for them in weight class sports. They are good at cricket though.

Lol. Funny thread. It’s moreso in the Indian diet when eating all those fat tortilla looking pieces which add on to a boat load of carbs in their food.

Singh looks very basic. Proper fundamentals in the pros, but he hasn’t been in there with any top fighters. Most of his fights he doesn’t look challenged. His handlers should put him in with a live dog. But Singh didn’t fight in 2018. He needs some more fights to even consider any top 10 at 168.

He does look heavy handed though with his straight rights. Although it could just be his weak opposition.

Mexicans are the same, doesn't bother them too much. I think it's more culture than anything. India has a terrible athletic culture, just not something they pride themselves on. They don't even have much of a fitness culture, I've never seen an Indian person that liked to go to the gym

India diet is horrible. Its all heavy in carbs with very little protein and very little nutrition

Roti Masala was half decent, unsure if he held a title though.

India diet is horrible. Its all heavy in carbs with very little protein and very little nutrition
i hear that the diet is the reason they have virtually no alzheimer's disease. one good thing anyway.

i hear that the diet is the reason they have virtually no alzheimer's disease. one good thing anyway.
I would assume that's because most Indians simply don't live long enough to develop it. Only 5% of sufferers get Alzheimer's before the age of 65. Life expectancy in India is 68.

Back