Indian world champs?

I would assume that's because most Indians simply don't live long enough to develop it. Only 5% of sufferers get Alzheimer's before the age of 65. Life expectancy in India is 68.
ya, but i think it's been studied that the spices they use help. my east indian buddy said he never saw senility over there, in the us it's ridiculously high.

ya, but i think it's been studied that the spices they use help. my east indian buddy said he never saw senility over there, in the us it's ridiculously high.

Spices?
Moz, if the life expectancy is 68 and Alzheimer's typically starts after 65 I think that would be the more relevant factor.

Go argue with the experts only telling you what they say. Alzheimer s differ s around the world, must be some reason starting with environments.

Is this a medically proven fact?

yes.

"Asian Indians tend to have more abdominal adipose tissue, less lean body mass (LBM) and higher magnitude of insulin resistance (IR) despite falling in the normal range of body mass index (BMI) [1]. The high value of waist hip ratio in Asian Indians may be due to less lean mass of the hips and greater fat at the levels of waist [2]. Another study showed that Asian Indian men have low muscle mass and 30% more total body fat (BF) than other ethnic groups [3]. Low lean mass is also evident in Asian Indian neonates as compared to white Caucasian neonates [4]. "

Association of the Myostatin Gene with Obesity, Abdominal Obesity and Low Lean Body Mass and in Non-Diabetic Asian Indians in North India
  • Surya Prakash Bhatt,
  • Priyanka Nigam,
  • Anoop Misra ,
  • Randeep Guleria,
  • Kalpana Luthra,
  • S. K. Jain,
  • M. A. Qadar Pasha

Mexicans are the same, doesn't bother them too much. I think it's more culture than anything. India has a terrible athletic culture, just not something they pride themselves on. They don't even have much of a fitness culture, I've never seen an Indian person that liked to go to the gym

no mexicans are not the same. they may gain fat but also have corresponding lean muscle mass. indians have a high body fat and low lean muscle mass phenotype

South Asian-born men are pretty good at:
  • Cricket (Sri Lanka won the T20 World Cup in 2014)
  • Doubles tennis (Leander Paes won the men's doubles US Open in 2013)
  • Squash (Jansher Khan won the world championship in 1996)
  • Field hockey (Pakistan won the World Cup in 1994)

About 24% of the world population lives in South Asia.

Sports won Olympic gold in (last gold):
India: Athletics (2021), Shooting (2008), Hockey (1980)
Pakistan: Hockey (1984)
Bangladesh: x
Afghanistan: x
Nepal: x
Sri Lanka: x
Bhutan: x
Maldives: x

Last edited:
no mexicans are not the same. they may gain fat but also have corresponding lean muscle mass. indians have a high body fat and low lean muscle mass phenotype
Like I said it's mostly genetic. You rarely see a muscular indian because they don't like physical sports so much and a lot of them have white collar jobs. If you look up indian bodybuilders you actually will find more of them than you will mexican bodybuilders. Mexicans don't have very good genetics for putting on muscle and burning fat either, especially when compared to white and black athletes but they still are pretty strong and tough with high output. I think a Mexican and an Indian on the same training regimen will have similar results, its the mentality that's the biggest difference in a sport like boxing

There was an Olympic boxer from India who had some hype following him into the Olympics.... but I don't think he did too well.
You don't think piling a 10(7 ko), no loss, no draw, record in less than two years after a pro debut at 30 while winning two minor wbo belts is doing well? That's a damn great feat if you ask me.

In his 7th fight, his opponent, a 32-9 african veteran spat his mouthpiece in the 3rd round and begged the ref to stop the fight.

Also he is pretty technically sound.

He could have been world champ easily if you asked me.

Like I said it's mostly genetic. You rarely see a muscular indian because they don't like physical sports so much and a lot of them have white collar jobs. If you look up indian bodybuilders you actually will find more of them than you will mexican bodybuilders. Mexicans don't have very good genetics for putting on muscle and burning fat either, especially when compared to white and black athletes but they still are pretty strong and tough with high output. I think a Mexican and an Indian on the same training regimen will have similar results, its the mentality that's the biggest difference in a sport like boxing
don't know one way or the other but I do labor jobs, one time, i helped a couple indians move some pretty light furniture, it was light but big, these clowns had to have two people on one side and even then they struggled. I was disgusted, I told them 12 year old girls could do better, don't know what got into me, i'm an asshole sometimes.

This has to be the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a while. It's simply a numbers game.

People from the India/Pakistan region don't take a liking to sports at a young age nor are encouraged to pursue sports at a young age...especially combat sports. It's simply non existent in their culture.

There is no young indian prodigy because it simply isn't pushed or taken seriously as something worth pursuing.

There are quite a few UK born Indian and Pakistani fighters that do well..but it's ONLY if they grew up with the sport and took a liking to it from a very young age. Those however..are only Indian or Pakistani by blood..as they were born and raised in the west. Even that is impressive because the total number of overall participants is MUCH lower than most other cultures.

Number of participants and desire to pursue from a young age= results. This is always the formula.

People from the India/Pakistan region don't take a liking to sports at a young age nor are encouraged to pursue sports at a young age...especially combat sports. It's simply non existent in their culture.

Even cricket, and field hockey?

You don't think piling a 10(7 ko), no loss, no draw, record in less than two years after a pro debut at 30 while winning two minor wbo belts is doing well? That's a damn great feat if you ask me.

In his 7th fight, his opponent, a 32-9 african veteran spat his mouthpiece in the 3rd round and begged the ref to stop the fight.

Also he is pretty technically sound.

He could have been world champ easily if you asked me.

Assuming you're being serious....
Did you look at that African's opponent's win/loss ratio?

Amir Khan. Pakis are indians idgaf what anyone says
Pakis will have some advantages though. They have a lot of Afghan blood and some Turkic. Also they are balls deep in Islam, a highly masculine ideology which probably helps for sports like boxing.

Balls deep how gay

Assuming you're being serious....
Did you look at that African's opponent's win/loss ratio?
I wrote his record at that point in time. Regardless, thats completly irrelevant. A noobie with 7 fights making a veteran quit in the begining round in the pros is a big deal. Not like the indian is a big puncher either, so the other guy just felt lost.
Main point was there’s nothing to back up the claim that a man with zero losses, zero draws, above average ko ratio, never looked in danger, “wasnt that good” is all im saying.

His only mistake is what alot of these decorated amateur’s mistake, which is precisely in the name, wasting time decorating their ammy imo.
Loma and rigo could have had so much more pro milage for example, should have debuted right after the first olympic medal.

Mexicans are the same, doesn't bother them too much. I think it's more culture than anything. India has a terrible athletic culture, just not something they pride themselves on. They don't even have much of a fitness culture, I've never seen an Indian person that liked to go to the gym
they do there diets just fucked.

my buddies a personal trainer here in fremont ca. trying to get an indian person to follow any diet plan is teetering on impossible.

"Asian Indians tend to have more abdominal adipose tissue, less lean body mass (LBM) and higher magnitude of insulin resistance (IR) despite falling in the normal range of body mass index (BMI) [1]. The high value of waist hip ratio in Asian Indians may be due to less lean mass of the hips and greater fat at the levels of waist [2]. Another study showed that Asian Indian men have low muscle mass and 30% more total body fat (BF) than other ethnic groups [3]. Low lean mass is also evident in Asian Indian neonates as compared to white Caucasian neonates [4]. "

Association of the Myostatin Gene with Obesity, Abdominal Obesity and Low Lean Body Mass and in Non-Diabetic Asian Indians in North India
  • Surya Prakash Bhatt,
  • Priyanka Nigam,
  • Anoop Misra ,
  • Randeep Guleria,
  • Kalpana Luthra,
  • S. K. Jain,
  • M. A. Qadar Pasha

This doesn't actually prove what was stated earlier, which was "Indians develop abdominal fat more easily than others." What you quoted just says that Asian Indians in North India have more abdominal fat (the authors should've clarified what standard that was in contrast with). A population having more abdominal fat is not the same as it developing it more easily due to genetic factors. The same study you referenced says the following:

"Possible reasons for low LBM [less lean body mass] in Asian Indians remains unclear, and genetic susceptibility remains uninvestigated. Since Asian Indians have been exposed frequently to chronic protein deficiency due to exposure to famines, food shortage, and vegetarian food, it is likely that these factors may have affected the skeletal muscle mass."

It might be true, of course, that there's some genetic predisposition towards abdominal fat amongst ethnic Indian populations in contrast with other populations, but, what you quoted doesn't say that. And, it's normally pretty easy to find statistically significant differences between populations with regards to genetics, even when those differences are not significant in any other meaningful sense, and intra-group differences tend to also be a lot bigger than inter-group differences. Regardless of any of that though, we're looking at a population of over a billion here. To think that it's genetics limiting 1 billion people to 0 boxing world champions is very simple-minded. It's a developing nation with vast malnutrition that hasn't developed a culture of sport outside of hockey or cricket, which they do well at.

This has to be the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a while. It's simply a numbers game.

There is no young indian prodigy because it simply isn't pushed or taken seriously as something worth pursuing.

There are quite a few UK born Indian and Pakistani fighters that do well..but it's ONLY if they grew up with the sport and took a liking to it from a very young age. Those however..are only Indian or Pakistani by blood..as they were born and raised in the west. Even that is impressive because the total number of overall participants is MUCH lower than most other cultures.

Number of participants and desire to pursue from a young age= results. This is always the formula.
Yup, this is pretty obviously true. I think plenty of the Pakistani interest in the UK in boxing is because of Amir Khan, and I wouldn't be surprised if England could field a team of amateurs comprised solely of ethnic Pakistani boxers which was better than what the Pakistan Boxing Federation can field.

India's got a population about ten times that of the UK but about a third of the number of amateur boxers, and they're spread out over a huge area. There'll be hardly any boxing gyms outside of major cities, there won't be much funding for them because there's next to no interest in the sport there. The pro boxing scene in India is practically non-existent because there's no money in it. You don't get world class boxers when you don't have kids going to boxing gyms.

Last edited:
Back