In your opinion, who could beat Fedor in his prime?

Most of jones offense traditionally comes from clinchwork and gnp. I feel like fedor ragdolls jones in the clinch, being a sambo master. I dont see how jones does much damage to fedor, if jones manages to put fedor on his back with some good ol fashion american wrestling, fedor lands the armbar vitor missed

To answer OP, gotta go with fabricio on this one, the only man to make fedor quit so far
Nobody ragdolls jones in a grapple exchange, just ask DC (who ragdolled Barnett and Hendo)

Most of jones offense traditionally comes from clinchwork and gnp. I feel like fedor ragdolls jones in the clinch, being a sambo master. I dont see how jones does much damage to fedor, if jones manages to put fedor on his back with some good ol fashion american wrestling, fedor lands the armbar vitor missed

To answer OP, gotta go with fabricio on this one, the only man to make fedor quit so far
Have you not seen Jones-DC? Fedor is very similiar frame as Cormier, with probably weaker wrestling, yet Jones controlled DC easily. And except Vitor nobody was ever close getting anywhere near the submission against him. Let's not forget Jones' size, angle and leverage he gets on his elbows against smaller guys. Sport has also evolved significantlly, which almost guarantees present time fighters are better than previous ones, so I'd bet on Cormier over Fedor any day, let alone Jon.

JDS is the only guy who I can see troubling Fedor. Fedor isn't a traditional wrestler like Cain to trouble JDS. So I can see a stand up brawl, where anyone can take anyone out.

Fedor would rip one of Jones arms, maybe both .... that said, i would give a strong chance to CaIN and Cigano.

Maybe Reem but when Fedor would just touch his chin he would end on a stretcher.

fedor_punished.jpg

707919_1.jpg

Prime Fedor is the trump card for sure..

Have you not seen Jones-DC? Fedor is very similiar frame as Cormier, with probably weaker wrestling, yet Jones controlled DC easily. And except Vitor nobody was ever close getting anywhere near the submission against him. Let's not forget Jones' size, angle and leverage he gets on his elbows against smaller guys. Sport has also evolved significantlly, which almost guarantees present time fighters are better than previous ones, so I'd bet on Cormier over Fedor any day, let alone Jon.

were you around for fedor's career? i agree with you, cormier has better wrestling, but agility / speed wise prime fedor destroys cormier. fedor would definitely get jones down with a sambo throw or trip and land big shots as jones tried to get up. fedor's gnp accuracy is another legendary quality of his.

Fedor-suplexing-Herring.gif

Roids or no roids. It's all about the roids now days.

tough to say because they fought in such different environments and different times

but jones,cain and perhaps overeem would probably be his biggest challenges.

Goku. Maybe prime Jackie Chan holding a baby in a ladder factory.

Back