In your opinion, what does Stipe have to do to surpass Fedor as the HW GOAT?

DC would be a huge step but I don't know if UFC currently has HW's that would widely bolster a resume.

Pride and Affliction had some beast HW's.

Just look at the top current 10 HW's.

There isn't really stand outs that are like "Holy shit. That's a world breaker".

not lose to a 40 yr old middleweight

il04CG.gif
Hendo is one of the greatest fighters ever. GSP has a more embarrassing loss where he tapped to strikes to a journeyman Lightweight.

hqdefault.jpg

gspserra1.gif

GSP also tapped to a submission with 1 second left in the round. Anderson was also tapped by Lightweights and Welterweights. They all have some bad losses but there is no question that Fedor, Anderson and GSP are the clear cut GOATS of their divisions. Everyone eventually loses when you have around 40 fights. It doesn't take away from their title reigns though

I think he's about 4 steps below m, but Id consider him above Fedor IF:

1. Cain returns, showin same form and he betas Cain
2. Instead of ducking Rothwell, he fights him on his return and beats him (most people forget how well Ben was doing- maybe his worst HW machup)
3. Beats DC

he does all of those, he passes Fedor JDS and Cain in my mind as the best
So beatin´Ben will help him cementin´ his legacy?

tellme.jpg

How about a crap load more wins over greats over the period of a decade at least to be close?

He’s barely been champ for a minute and people talking about goat over fedor?

You wat mate?

I’m a Fedor hater and thinks he’s overrated a bunch but man he won consistently for a long long time, stipes no where near that yet.

I feel like right now, the UFC doesn't have clear #2 & 3s like Crocop/Nogueira that Stipe could thoroughly dominate to cement his GOATness.

Although, I feel a little hypocritical saying that because Werdum beat Fedor & Nog and lost to Stipe. Is Werdum in GOAT talks?? I don't know! Werdum has alot of randomness to his career, kind of like Overeem.

In conclusion, beat DC, and Werdum again OR clearly beat Jones once. Anyone who beats Jones jumps straight to GOAT in my book.
Beat an apparently washed-up Doom again?

So beatin´Ben will help him cementin´ his legacy?

View attachment 395897

will it HELP?

yes.

Rothwell is not only 1 of the mot dangerous HWs on the roster,

Stipe ducked him once.

more impressive to me than beating long-past-their-primes like Werdum and Overeem.

will it HELP?

yes.

Stipe ducked him once.

more impressive to me than beating long-past-their-primes like Werdum and Overeem.
yeah..I mean.. Sapp was dangerous too... never seen anyone claiming that beating him would cement any legacy...

25 straight wins, 8 over former ufc champs without losing a round

Yeah...only this forum....

Mixed martial arts
Sambo
  • Russian Judo Federation
  • Russian National Championship Senior Absolute 3rd Place (1999)[186]
  • Russian National Championship Senior 3rd Place (1998)[186]
  • Federal Executive Body in the Field of Physical Culture & Sports
Miscellaneous
  • 2014 Winter Olympics Belgorod Torchbearer[188]
  • National Sports Award "Glory"
  • 2007 Fair Play Glory Award[190]
  • Russian Union of Martial Arts
  • 2006 Most Outstanding Victory of the Year Golden Belt Award[191]
  • Imperial Society of Russia
  • First Class Golden Order of the Romanov Family of St. Nicholas II (2010)[192]
  • Russian Federation National State Decorations Committee
  • First Class Order of Peter the Great (2007)[193]
51HIu-hYQAL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

513JeTlMaWL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

FIGHTERS%20ONLY%20MAGAZINE%20JULY%202017%20%20ICON%20FEDOR%20EMELIANENKO.%20-%20B076NNFBCB.jpg

KaBu%202007-01%20Cov.jpg

FSp%202009-01%20Cov.jpg

BB%202009-12%20Cov.jpg

page_1_thumb_large.jpg

s-l225.jpg

fedor_issue15.jpg

s-l300.jpg

ExF%202009-2%20Cov.jpg

ElF%202006-15%20Cov.jpg

UG%202008-11%20Cov.jpg

51Z1gxj5wHL.jpg

41bi2MkAr9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

91kuUyXqdzL._SY450_.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DCyLV1eVoAA0tab.jpg

c4f205af173eac00cce1b695f039b189

1364222352.jpg
Ya so like he said, no one outside the Sherdog forum. lol.

What does Stipe have to do?

Not lose.

Because once that happens people forget everything else.
Sad but true.

Tough situation. Fedor fought in one of the best eras for heavy weights. So much new talent and cross over talents from other sports coming into MMA. It's nearly impossible with the current UFC HW roster. Too many old and battle worn top level fighters. Again, it isn't Stipe's fault but it's the truth.

will it HELP?

yes.

Stipe ducked him once.

I'm a little surprised this canard is still being repeated. One would think that seeing how Stipe hasn't picked and chosen after he got his belt, even signing within the week after Overeem got his head knocked off to face his executioner, all accusations of deliberate avoidance would have stopped. I guess you must also claim that Lewis ducked Werdum because he too pulled out of a fight because of a flareup of back problems?

If Stipe beats Cain he's tied and I'm a huge Fedor mark. Werdum is Stipe's Nog and Cain will be his Crocop, the rest of his resume is already better than Fedor minus the longevity factor.

Armbar Hong Man Choi & Matt Lindland.

3 more top tier wins and he surpasses Fedor imo.

DC, Blaydes and Volkov.

If Stipe beats Cain he's tied and I'm a huge Fedor mark. Werdum is Stipe's Nog and Cain will be his Crocop, the rest of his resume is already better than Fedor minus the longevity factor.

Cain is not his Crocop.

Cain is probably more like his Coleman at this point.

I'm a little surprised this canard is still being repeated. One would think that seeing how Stipe hasn't picked and chosen after he got his belt, even signing within the week after Overeem got his head knocked off to face his executioner, all accusations of deliberate avoidance would have stopped. I guess you must also claim that Lewis ducked Werdum because he too pulled out of a fight because of a flareup of back problems?

i rarely say it, but in this case i think its fair to consider:

- at the ime they were probably the 2 most surging HWs- both were in great streaks and seemed destined to meet for title shot
- Stipe withdrew for an injury that im pretty sure was never explained
- after, Rothwell was vocal in disappointment and wanted to reschedule, i dont recall Stipe EVER saying he wanted to remake the fight
- yes, hes been cooperative in title defenses, but he no longer can fly below he radar when he pulls out of a fight..

if you found Stipe's KO over Overeem impressive, how was Ben's not moreso, when Ben did it 2 years earlier in half the time Stipe did without being in any danger?

<<what does Stipe have to do to surpass Fedor as the HW GOAT?>>

dominate superheavyweights for 10 years

fedor 1.jpg
goat

Back