In your opinion, what does Stipe have to do to surpass Fedor as the HW GOAT?

Yeah...only this forum....

Mixed martial arts
Sambo
  • Russian Judo Federation
  • Russian National Championship Senior Absolute 3rd Place (1999)[186]
  • Russian National Championship Senior 3rd Place (1998)[186]
  • Federal Executive Body in the Field of Physical Culture & Sports
Miscellaneous
  • 2014 Winter Olympics Belgorod Torchbearer[188]
  • National Sports Award "Glory"
  • 2007 Fair Play Glory Award[190]
  • Russian Union of Martial Arts
  • 2006 Most Outstanding Victory of the Year Golden Belt Award[191]
  • Imperial Society of Russia
  • First Class Golden Order of the Romanov Family of St. Nicholas II (2010)[192]
  • Russian Federation National State Decorations Committee
  • First Class Order of Peter the Great (2007)[193]
51HIu-hYQAL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

513JeTlMaWL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

FIGHTERS%20ONLY%20MAGAZINE%20JULY%202017%20%20ICON%20FEDOR%20EMELIANENKO.%20-%20B076NNFBCB.jpg

KaBu%202007-01%20Cov.jpg

FSp%202009-01%20Cov.jpg

BB%202009-12%20Cov.jpg

page_1_thumb_large.jpg

s-l225.jpg

fedor_issue15.jpg

s-l300.jpg

ExF%202009-2%20Cov.jpg

ElF%202006-15%20Cov.jpg

UG%202008-11%20Cov.jpg

51Z1gxj5wHL.jpg

41bi2MkAr9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

91kuUyXqdzL._SY450_.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DCyLV1eVoAA0tab.jpg

c4f205af173eac00cce1b695f039b189

1364222352.jpg

/thread

the only people that have anything negative to say about fedor werent around when fedor made his run.

Sorry, but Junior post-Cain is not the same world beater he was prior to that. (And I love Junior)!

But claiming he is better than anyone out there.... heck, even if true, it just shows how terrible HW is right now, and fair or not, almost impossible for Miocic to surpass Fedor by beating those guys that are there right now.

Post Cain JDS is still better than any of these guys outside the UFC. I mean look at Bellator's heavyweight tournament, the most legit heavyweight in there is Mitrione. The best competition for him is in the UFC. DC, then Blaydes, and possibly Cain if he can come back healthy.

He needs to be undefeated for 9 to 10 years.. And fight every year

Unless Stipe has his own Big Nog and Crocop, he'll never be HW GOAT IMO.

It's hard to be accepted or seen as HW GOAT when the competition isn't very good.
Two vastly overrated heavyweights.

IMO beating DC is a good step towards there but he would still need 3 or 4 more years of dominant title defenses

Jones is the only fighter close to that and he blew it, if Miocic bermishes Lewis, Volkov and Blaydes like nothing he has a shot if he simply beats them in close fights no chance to be compared to Fedor.

they can be overrated but they are among the best HW of the last 20 years and in their prime they had amazing fights.

Fedor went undefeated for 9 years guys never lost until he got old. Lets see stipe to be in discussion 6 years undefeated to beat fedor he would need to hit the 9 year mark imo

It's hard to be accepted or seen as HW GOAT when the competition isn't very good.
Stipe beat alot of HW past their primes first of all. Second, he got tko by struve of all people. SMH.
Fedor was stopped by bigfoot and Mitrione and almost ko'd by fucking Fabio. Once Fedor stepped up in comp he started losing. Oh but he beat Brett Rogers and Mir lol. I like Fedor but he is overrated and too small for heavyweight, when not fighting slow motion Nog and gunshy Cro Cop.

Stipe beat alot of HW past their primes first of all. Second, he got tko by struve of all people. SMH.
Fedor was stopped by bigfoot and Mitrione and almost ko'd by fucking Fabio. Once Fedor stepped up in comp he started losing. Oh but he beat Brett Rogers and Mir lol. I like Fedor but he is overrated and too small for heavyweight, when not fighting slow motion Nog and gunshy Cro Cop.
I like Stipe, but he's so far

His "cool names" record crumble as soon you see when he fought them

Of course all these wins got some significance, but nowhere near as if he fought them at theyr peak

Not only i don't rank him higher than Fedor, but i think both Cain and JDS will crush any version of him

This guy
article-0-1B305C3D000005DC-182_634x410.jpg

used to be the #1 badass too at some point after dinos were gone

Let's be real, the only guy in his prime he fought is Ngannou lol
He ko'd JDS.

IMO beating DC is a good step towards there but he would still need 3 or 4 more years of dominant title defenses
I briefly touched on this when @3sumrock made a pro-Miocic/anti-Emelianenko thread the other day:

I have no dog in this race, so I'll take a crack at it:

-Mark Hunt, 41 years old, and was 1-2-1 in his last 4. His last fight prior to facing Miocic was a knockout loss to Werdum. It's easy to see that Hunt was both old and past his prime.
-Andrei Arlovski, one month shy of 37 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. His last fight prior to facing Miocic was a very lackluster performance against Mir. Additionally, Arlovski's UFC win-streak consisted of a split win over Schaub, a knockout of a downsliding Silva, and a knockout of a downsliding Browne. Old? I don't know. Past his prime? The Mir fight suggests that he was.
-Fabricio Werdum, two months shy of 39 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. Werdum's last four wins consisted of a past-his-prime Nogueira, a prime Browne, a short-notice Hunt, and a high-altitude Velasquez. Old? Yes. Past his prime? I don't think so.
-Alistair Overeem, 36 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. Overeem's last four wins consisted of a downsliding Struve, a past-his-prime Nelson, a downsliding JDS, and a now past-his-prime Arlovski. Old? No. Past his prime? I don't think so.
-JDS, 33 years old, and was 2-2 in his last 4. JDS' two wins consisted of a prime-but-popped-for-PEDs Rothwell and a prime Miocic. Old? Definitely not. Past his prime? He's probably on the downslide.
-Ngannou, 31 years old, and was 4-0 in his last 4. Ngannou's last four wins consisted of one can, one journeyman, a past-his-prime Arlovski, and a downsliding Overeem. Old? Definitely not. Past his prime? He hasn't even entered it.

Emelianenko, I think, remains the Heavyweight GOAT. He was undefeated for nearly a decade and that win streak consists of more fights than Miocic even has on his record. Emelianenko defeated younger/prime versions of several of Miocic's opponents and young/prime fighters whom Miocic never had the chance to fight against. Miocic is competing in a time when the Heavyweights have never been older, while Emelianenko competed in the golden age of the Heavyweight division.

Miocic is a great fighter, but it's not fair to compare him to Emelianenko.
See the yellow for TLDR.

Jones is the only fighter close to that and he blew it, if Miocic bermishes Lewis, Volkov and Blaydes like nothing he has a shot if he simply beats them in close fights no chance to be compared to Fedor.

they can be overrated but they are among the best HW of the last 20 years and in their prime they had amazing fights.
Nog is a glorified punching bag and Cro cop got flattened by Gonzaga and Mir who had Fedor hurt. Fedor is so overrated lol. Soon as he fought legit heavies he started losing, not to mention Hendo

Big foot was juiced to the gills as was a great hw when allowed to use trt.

Are you really comparing fedor of late thirties to his prime when he was in his twenties?

I really hope your kidding lol.

Big foot was juiced to the gills as was a great hw when allowed to use trt.

Are you really comparing fedor of late thirties to his prime when he was in his twenties?

I really hope your kidding lol.

He ko'd JDS.

After Cain took years off his life lol.

Nog is a glorified punching bag and Cro cop got flattened by Gonzaga and Mir who had Fedor hurt. Fedor is so overrated lol. Soon as he fought legit heavies he started losing, not to mention Hendo

Never mind I won´t argue with retards.

Some people think he's already surpassed Fedor while some believe that he could win his next 10 fights by vicious KO and still never come close to Fedor.

Fanboys will fanboy on both sides.

For me personally, he'd need to win 4 more fights in a row (including DC) for it to become a legitimate 50-50 debate.

What you just said makes no sense. You sound like the fanboy trying to appear reasonable to me.

People that say Stipe has surpassed Fedor are partially referring to his talent. They believe that if the two of them had fought in their prime Stipe would have won. Which is valid. They also believe that Stipe has fought superior competition. Which is also true. So why would he need to win four fights in a row for a 50/50 debate? You're clueless.

What you just said makes no sense. You sound like the fanboy trying to appear reasonable to me.

People that say Stipe has surpassed Fedor are partially referring to his talent. They believe that if the two of them had fought in their prime Stipe would have won. Which is valid. They also believe that Stipe has fought superior competition. Which is also true. So why would he need to win four fights in a row for a 50/50 debate? You're clueless.
Greatness is determined by a fighter's resume/accomplishments, you clueless dolt.

Is Dennis Hallman a GREATER fighter than Matt Hughes?
Is Mike Brown a GREATER fighter than Urijah Faber?

Back