In light of school shootings,cliques, and bullying would you Home school?

That is not proof Johnny. This requires too many assumptions and cannot be presented as fact.

lol, nice deflection.

every thing evolution predicts about the way life should look, we see in nature.

say you're right and we did come from nothing exploding then slime then us.

are you trolling now or what? this has nothing to do with evolution.

I still think public school education and all the terrible social angst and clique social constructs that go along with high school is a waste of time.

social problems come with being a teenager, not with public schools exclusively lol. thats part of growing up. its difficult at times. there is no growth without a certain measure of pain, confusion, and uncertainty.

you think public school education is a waste of time? have you ever been to the doctor before? good chance they attended a public school. do you like using this computer? the people who developed it most likely attended a public school.

And imo not only does it not educate children but the whole high school experience could be , and in many instances is a detriment to a teens personality development and self esteem if they're not one of the "cool kids"

public school does not educate children? what are you talking about?

its a detriment to a teens personality development? did you just sit back in your armchair and decide that? thats impressive.

Public school education if you're not in the "in" crowd harms self esteem and self image and doesn't even educate for all the emotion tumult the non cool kids get. so what's the point? jus saying.

hiding from public school will not protect you from feeling inadequate, if you have poor coping skills. one must learn how to appreciate themselves and their strengths, in order to maintain self worth. an ability to not constantly compare yourself to others, and to appreciate the things that you have, and things that are going well in YOUR life. you think the exact same social pecking order doesnt develop in sunday school classes? you're kidding yourself.

People should be doing anything possible to keep their children out of public schools regardless of guns, bullying or anything else. Schools today are nothing but assembly lines turning out confused democrat cry babies. Unionized teachers are no longer teaching, they're preaching. No thanks.

I agree the Public school system is generally putting out a generation of C students that are being taught non sense like evolution, and unconsciously conditioned to be a cog in the machine I.E. deliver the mail, cook the food, fight the wars, drive the trucks etc

Once you realize your a debt slave with a useless education they'll have your Xanax and Zoloft ready to throw down your throat. Kids that are home schooled can at least get up and stretch and not have to sit at a desk trying to resist their natural impulse and inclinations to move around.

But let's really debate Education. if you really want an academically competitive child. You must basically home school them any way. With hours long studying and homework sessions everyday after school.

see Asian academic success to see what I'm referring too. most Asian upper middle class kids attend school but they study for hours to the point if Harvard didn't use affirmative action to diversify the student body damn every kid there would be Asian.

I use the Asian example to add salience to my point they're basically homeschooling. they're not getting 36's on the ACT 1600's on the SAT by just being smart.

I'm just cutting out the useless public education middle man and doing it with out

1.waking the kids up at an unnatural hour

2.exposing then to child sexual predators

3.bullies

4.possible self esteem issues

5.possible violence, fights, school shootings.

6.drugs and peer pressure

7.sex before marriage or at least pressured to engage in sexual activities by their peers to be "cool"

Last edited:
Too much work.

We spend about 1/4th to 1/3rd of our lives being educated.

However, if it was viable and I had the money for private educators or something akin to that, absolutely.

are you trolling now or what? this has nothing to do with evolution.

social problems come with being a teenager, not with public schools exclusively lol. thats part of growing up. its difficult at times. there is no growth without a certain measure of pain, confusion, and uncertainty.

you think public school education is a waste of time? have you ever been to the doctor before? good chance they attended a public school. do you like using this computer? the people who developed it most likely attended a public school.

public school does not educate children? what are you talking about?

its a detriment to a teens personality development? did you just sit back in your armchair and decide that? thats impressive.

hiding from public school will not protect you from feeling inadequate, if you have poor coping skills. one must learn how to appreciate themselves and their strengths, in order to maintain self worth. an ability to not constantly compare yourself to others, and to appreciate the things that you have, and things that are going well in YOUR life. you think the exact same social pecking order doesnt develop in sunday school classes? you're kidding yourself.

Are you a teacher?

because you have a very passionate defense of evolution and public schooling. You sound bias like your lively hood depends on people sending their kids to the potential death trap/self esteem destroying/centers for non education that is the U.S. Public school system.

I agree the Public school system is generally putting out a generation of C students that are being taught non sense like evolution, and unconsciously conditioned to be a cog in the machine I.E. deliver the mail, cook the food, fight the wars, drive the trucks etc

Wither the "cave bear."

You know, society through time immemorial has run on those cogs. We need people to be trained and conditioned to find enjoyment in menial jobs... unless, and probably until when, we replace them all with AI masters.

That's even worse, as then you have a lot of cogs wondering what happened to the machine, and where they fit.

Angry minded cogs, who have been given the revolutionary logic to "stand out!" and "fight the power!" Then should the cogs be broken, rebuilt, or what?

We're not taking much responsibility for the future.

Are you a teacher?

because you have a very passionate defense of evolution and public schooling. You sound bias like your lively hood depends on people sending their kids to the potential death trap/self esteem destroying/centers for non education that is the U.S. Public school system.

lol, so you think a teacher would be concerned about a mass exodus of people wanting to homeschool?

the US public school system is a "death trap" and self esteem destroying?

sounds like you've made your mind up from the OP. if you truly think that shit, then homeschool your kids. theyll probably grow up to be just fine.

Also, @JonnyRingo84

Yes bullying and peer (primitive, cohesive, tribal if you will) groups are an issue of human nature, however, public schools reinforce the cohesive collective environment that exacerbates the pressure of these roving gangs of cliques and their group oriented stupidity, or else the schools social engineering.

Often the worst of both worlds.

But public schools should be reformed, eliminating them is impossible and the thinking is reductive.

Also, @JonnyRingo84

Yes bullying and peer (primitive, cohesive, tribal if you will) groups are an issue of human nature, however, public schools reinforce the cohesive collective environment that exacerbates the pressure of these roving gangs of cliques and their group oriented stupidity, or else the schools social engineering.

Often the worst of both worlds.

But public schools should be reformed, eliminating them is impossible and the thinking is reductive.

i think public schools should be reformed in many ways, as well. for example, i think sports should be removed entirely.

cliques will emerge anywhere you have people though. especially teenagers. i suppose if you dont like that, you can avoid groups of people. its a part of life. adapt or hide.

i think public schools should be reformed in many ways, as well. for example, i think sports should be removed entirely.

cliques will emerge anywhere you have people though. especially teenagers. i suppose if you dont like that, you can avoid groups of people. its a part of life. adapt or hide.

Well, I can feel you on sports considering how much undue capital pours into their coffers, however, sports is a cornerstone of American society.

It is used to build the competitive and leadership structure that are critical to American business and cultural undertones.

Cliques will develop anywhere, but if you make a larger ecosystem for the cliques and pile on a lot of bureaucratic malaise and subtract good parenting + a cohesive moral system for a society (probably the most important factor), you end up with all that is ugly and brutish in the primitive exploding onto the playground.

Well, I can feel you on sports considering how much undue capital pours into their coffers, however, sports is a cornerstone of American society.

It is used to build the competitive and leadership structure that are critical to American business and cultural undertones.

i love sports, but id like to see them more centered around REC centers or Y's etc. than public schools.

Cliques will develop anywhere, but if you make a larger ecosystem for the cliques and pile on a lot of bureaucratic malaise and subtract good parenting + a cohesive moral system for a society (probably the most important factor), you end up with all that is ugly and brutish in the primitive exploding onto the playground.

you're right, that would be a shitty school to attend. but youve basically described a terrible environment for school, which is probably the exception, not the rule. you and handy are magnifying the problems, and completely ignoring the positives, imo.

I have a niece that says in today's high school environments it's almost normal for children to experiment with homosexuality. Cyber bullying is pretty bad to were my niece had her phone taken away and even though it stopped the taunts she was depressed about not having the phone.

I was teased for being the tall kid but never bullied. I'm thinking bullying has morphed into some kind of psychological/emotional torture for certain kids since I graduated High school 25 years ago.

Any way in light of every thing in Public education if you could afford it. Would you let the wife quit working and home school your kid?

I don't mind teen girls experimenting with homosexuality, but if I have son, will not send to HS. I just hire private female tutors.

I wouldn't home school my kid

He/She is kinda missing out on the first 18 years of their lives by you doing that

It might even cause them to be less independent and more dependent on Dad and Mom

LOL, its not like the kids can't hang out after their lessons with mommy and daddy. Look at Tim Tebow. He was homeschooled went to play sports after lessons, and how he turned out. He is a fine young man and loves Jesus Christ

i love sports, but id like to see them more centered around REC centers or Y's etc. than public schools.

you're right, that would be a shitty school to attend. but youve basically described a terrible environment for school, which is probably the exception, not the rule. you and handy are magnifying the problems, and completely ignoring the positives, imo.

Well, what if we just encouraged sending the funding other places? Say with a goal of having 50 to 60% of school funds allocated to education and away from sports? Then if we did some things to cut down the promotion and corruption of school sports as a financial and ultimate cultural attraction that might just take care of the problem.

I don't mean to demonize the public school system, however, it is not great and in many cases not that good compared to what education should be in a developed country. There will need to be a lot of compromises and opening of proverbial eyes to solve these problems.

I think schooling it important for socialization. Class sizes being what they are I think you can't count on a quality education, or even the "inspiring teacher" trope of years past, but it's good to have structure and a place where your parents don't control you. The math is incredibly against your child coming to harm, I mean, it's also possible your kid could be the shooter, if you wanna go that way. Public schooling teaches a lot of things outside of the classroom and creates and tests friendships and relationships. If one of you has a high level of skill with explanation and organization and a gift for simplifying many different subjects, maybe home school is for you. But I think in practice every parent thinks they could be a teacher, but lack the discipline and objectivity (in relation to the child) to do it. Creating an environment for learning is very hard, as many problems as I do have with the public school system. Outside of technology, the model hasn't really seen a real test/change in decades.

There are better ways to socialize especially better than HS or middle. In HS or Middle, you get yelled at for talking to friends in class. You can only talk during lunch or in the hallways getting your books and heading to next class.

Or maybe gym class. But lets face it. Its the same darn kids over and over again. You don't meet any new people unless a new kid arrives. School is a terribly anti-proactive way of socializing.

Hmm lets see "how sad" Tebow is

College graduate check

Two sport professional check

Charismatic, mannerable, and polite check

Loves and professes Jesus Christ double check

.. if that's not the profile of a successful person then what in your very finite wisdom is sir?

Ah darn you beat me too it. I mention Tebow without even reading your post.

I wish I was homeschooled, or had run away. Well after I had my brutal revenge of course. Cant just leave leaving things unfinished though. Do not want to go out like a punk nahmean.

what's your opinion on public school?

what's your opinion on home school if you couldn't afford private school?

Public school education IMO is pot-luck depending where you’re zoned. What’s not pot luck IMO is the behavior, cultural, and political bullshit that you’re forced to accept.

Our son is learning in a environment where it’s just normal to grown up and become a anesthesiologist or M.D. Rather than some random classmate who “made it”. And the access to teachers is truly unbelievable. It’s a type of family who cares for one another (teacher/students/parents) honestly.

I wouldn’t consider homeschooling. Part of life is learning how to deal with people. Our personal opinion is that it’s a disservice to not allow our son to experience all types of individuals....to a point.

One cool thing about private school is sports starts extremely early. And if you can play then tuition is “negotiable”. Another is that we hold chapel every Friday. That’s normal to the kids, to believe in Jesus Christ. I find it hilarious how responsible my 7 year old son is and a large part of that is thanks to his school. His healthy respect for authority and the government blows my mind.

If public schools lose any more funding, we’ll all be homeschooling our children

Back