I'm quitting caffeine

there is nothing wrong with caffeine... its made from the ground, its natural... why dont you quit fast food...sugars... alcohol....there are 20 other things that are way more harmful to you that im sure you are not quitting

That's great. Do you actually feel measurably better? About 2 years ago, I quit coffee for 6 months. But I went back on after realizing that I felt no better and was more disoriented.
I do feel better only because I drink a whole lot more water, so I feel hydrated. I don't crave it nearly as much as I did 3 weeks ago. That along with eating healthy has helped me drop some pounds too. I'll stick with it until it gets ridiculous.

By the end of it I did 6 nights a week, with a few hours sleep between, then a 36 hour marathon sleep to recover from the weekend. My life was a trainwreck from 14-21, but really escalated from about 16 onwards when I was actively dealing drugs.

I was a wrong 'un
Did you go to work at all during this? I used to have a Saturday job in Iceland when I was in college and going into work the day after my first E was bedlam.
I used to abuse it at the weekends for a few years but not during the week.

By the end of it I did 6 nights a week, with a few hours sleep between, then a 36 hour marathon sleep to recover from the weekend. My life was a trainwreck from 14-21, but really escalated from about 16 onwards when I was actively dealing drugs.

I was a wrong 'un
Wow, I've known some people with MDMA 'problems' but never 6 days a week. Do you think you have comparatively low serotonin levels as a result? do you suffer from depression at all?*

*to be clear I'm just curious, not saying you have or should have.

Yeah, That'll happen. I drink my coffee black. Absolutely nothing added. Which I think is a bit of a rarity these days. I drink no soft drinks and little alcohol. Just coffee and water. So hopefully my kidneys will be OK.
When I had an office job I'd drink my coffee black at work, to cut out extra calories. Black really isn't that bad, you get used to it quickly.

Did you go to work at all during this? I used to have a Saturday job in Iceland when I was in college and going into work the day after my first E was bedlam.
I used to abuse it at the weekends for a few years but not during the week.

I was a drug dealer, just low level street and club stuff. I had a retail job for about a year at 16, but I fucked about and didn't take it seriously. About half way through my parents kicked me out again, so I moved in with one of my older drug dealer mates, who was working for some real gangster, and quit the retail job after a few months to focus on dealing. Before that I just got a small stipend to be a set of eyes, and to be on call incase my friend needed extra bodied to intimidate someone. It was nothing special, maybe $50 a week, but with money I had from trading comics and selling marked up cigerettes to younger kids, it paid for MDMA to party with. Yeah, I was a right piece of shit.

In retrospect, it is quite smart how the propper gangsters have a steady stream of stupid young kids to keep stepping up and taking all the risk. At one point I was getting paid by the real gangster (Sam) about $500 a week to keep part of his stash under my floorboards in my apartment. I rationalized it as "hey, I'm getting $25k a year to do fuck all". Until someone pointed out that if I was caught I'd be the one going down, as I'd never snitch. Then a few weeks later I heard how another one of his stashes got scoped out and robbed when the guy was there on his own. The guy who lived their go kneecapped with a power drill, and then had a gun put to his head until he gave up the hiding place. I told Sam that I'd have probably fessed up the spot too, so Sam tried offering me more to keep it and not worry, but another friend undercut that offer, so he moved it there, and I got my peace of mind.

Edit: @fingercuffs I edited a bit more in. I should probably write a book about it to he honest

Last edited:
there is nothing wrong with caffeine... its made from the ground, its natural... why dont you quit fast food...sugars... alcohol....there are 20 other things that are way more harmful to you that im sure you are not quitting

Fast food sugar and alcohol are all made from the ground and are every bit as natural.

Wow, I've known some people with MDMA 'problems' but never 6 days a week. Do you think you have comparatively low serotonin levels as a result? do you suffer from depression at all?*

*to be clear I'm just curious, not saying you have or should have.

I did for a while after, but at that point my life was a train wreck and I needed to go cold turkey either way.

I'm gonna quit banging anyone less than a 10.

Right after I adjust my rating scale.

You like this 10, don't you, boys?

image_400x400.jpg

Quit banging anyone that weighs less than 10 tonnes you mean?

I should really quit Sherdog. Case in point, I should be working right now, not commenting on your thread.

I did for a while after, but at that point my life was a train wreck and I needed to go cold turkey either way.
That's great if you're all good now.
I have several friends that suffer from depression who seriously abused MDMA when they were younger and I wonder if it's related. I think the restrictions on researching various psychedelics/drugs, and other limitations around legalisation/decriminalisation are disgraceful.

That's great if you're all good now.
I have several friends that suffer from depression who seriously abused MDMA when they were younger and I wonder if it's related. I think the restrictions on researching various psychedelics/drugs, and other limitations around legalisation/decriminalisation are disgraceful.

Thank you. I can understand using narcotics for official academic research, but I'm fully in favour of keeping stuff above bud and shrooms as illegal. I've seen lived ruined from the harder stuff, and even many prescription pills. But I don't pretend to be a libertarian about this issue. I'll never be able to go back and stop myself getting involved in this world, I can only use my experience to hopefully help others.

Ive cut caffeine because even 1 coffee a day would keep me up at night, now I drink decaf with 99% less caffeine. If you sleep fine and you aren't totally jittery or anxious throughout the day then there's not point in abstaining. I've also cut out weed too sick of waking up in morning feeling like shit.

Planning to work my way off of caffeine starting in mid January after vacation. Quit smoking and alcohol years ago and caffeine is the one bad habit left minus pizza. Have tried to quit in the past and i was terrible. Using caffeine pills this time and scaling down over a month .

Good on you bud. I don't think I could do it.

One of my resolutions for 2024 is quitting sherdog!

I quit for a couple of months. The first week was brutal. The absolute worst headaches of my life. I had to lay down. After that, I felt really good. My body felt really calm and alert.

I did slip back into caffeine because it's pretty hard to go out of your way to avoid it but I try to avoid energy drinks and coffee. I would like to try again but you really gotta be focused.

I havent quit caffeine but I will only drink coffee (no more energy drinks) and 2 cups is the max ( i usually just have one)

Cut down on sugar beer and weed also.

Shroom intake increased tho.

Back