I'm disgusted that people are trying to tarnish Ponzinibbio's victory

LEL at people discrediting the Ponz.

him being KTFO has nothing to do with the eye poke, shitty excuse by an overrated bum.

tumblr_ncz6z3dLuC1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

He's always been chinny and terrible striking.
Looks like he's impersonating tippy toe BJ Penn. I generally root for Gunnar, but walking forward on your toes with your chin up and hands down is amateurish.

TS you only care because you have an obsession with hating conor. So much so it carries over to fighters that are associated with him. Deal with the fact ponzi cheated on his way to a fluke victory.
Fluke lmao Then was Conors win over Aldo a fluke then?

Argue that one

TS you only care because you have an obsession with hating conor. So much so it carries over to fighters that are associated with him. Deal with the fact ponzi cheated on his way to a fluke victory.
Ponzi split Gunnar's wig lol

I dont care either way but that double finger poke was scary and I have a hard time believing that someone like Gunnar would outright lie about seeing double after that. The fact that people are defending this level of eye poke ( and it wasnt even the only 1 in the fight lol ) is disgusting and everybody who is hating on Gunnar right now should be ashamed of themselves.

ok...so there is no difference between winning a fight when your opponent is poked in the eye and when there is no eye poke?

that is some Shertard logic right there - lol

you can't just deny or dismiss what ACTUALLY HAPPENED in a fight lol

on the flip side, it does not follow that the win is 'tarnished' or that the outcome WOULD have been different...but context matters, and people should not be afraid to discuss the context surrounding any fight.

LEL at people discrediting the Ponz.

him being KTFO has nothing to do with the eye poke, shitty excuse by an overrated bum.

tumblr_ncz6z3dLuC1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

He's always been chinny and terrible striking.

Jesus, what was the game plan there? Strikers with massive wholes in their defense blow my mind. How do you just leave your chin out there like that and at that range????

My chicken is a bit unseasoned, come here and give me some of that extra salt you're carrying

Jesus, what was the game plan there? Strikers with massive wholes in their defense blow my mind. How do you just leave your chin out there like that and at that range????
prob got his eye poked :rolleyes:

If the eye poke massively hurt Nelson he would have said at the time, in fairness it happened but obviously he didn't get hurt by the eye poke but the punches...well... That's a different matter.

Triggered

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Nelson has that style that leave the chin up in the air. and his hands low all the time. I actually was surprised that Tumenov hasn't be able to do the same to him

I'm not a gunnar fan by any means, but just LOL at anybody who wants to pretend getting poked in BOTH EYES had nothing to do with the KO

Gunnar got knocked the fuck out fair and square. Hopefully next time he won't leave his chin up in the air like that and his fans won't be as salty and butthurt as they are right now.

Deal with it.

TRIGGERED.jpg

(image by @k4lm4h I believe)
I just made a thread about the fight and the eye pokes. I'll post the video here too. I am actually changing my position from "it was an unfortunate eye poke" to "he seems to be eye poking a lot more than is normal in this sport"

Yes the eye poke happened and yes it probably had an effect on the fight, but many eye pokes have happened to many fighters and few of them actually lead to KOs. Many fighters turtle up and fight lethargically until they recover, so a better argument could have been made if Gunni lost a decision.

As brought up time and time again, Gunni has a bad habit of keeping an open stance and eating shots on the chin. It has got him in trouble before and unless he changes things up, it will get him in trouble again. IMO he's trying to ape Conor who utilizes a similar stance successfully, but Conor has better movement, range control, and more importantly, a better chin. Also, fighting at WW does him no favors, if he ever fought another top guy besides Maia he would find himself woefully undersized.

Ponz cheated. 2 eyepokes and a trunks grab all within 1 minute. He should give Gunnar a rematch. Gunnar will still go further in this sport.

Just butthurt irish or euro fans always looking for excuses.

Ponzi landed that right hands right on the button thats what put that guy on queer street.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back