If you had superpowers would you feel morally obligated to help people?

Sure

Then I'd become depressed after realizing how few of humanity's problems can be solved by flying around and punching people.

I think you'd be more surprised at how many of humanity's problems can be solved by flying around and punching people and/or the ever present threat of being punched in the face by superman if you act like an asshole.

Anyways, you don't need super powers to help other people. There are so many ways you could help right now. So idk, if you're not actively helping people already would super powers be what motivates you to start helping? Why? Would it be easier/more convenient?
Ego

It's like comparing being a firefighter to volunteering at Seniors bingo night

What kind of superpower?

If it's anything like Superman/Dr. Manhattan powers, and I couldn't die, or be threatened by even the most powerful military weaponry, all scenarios end with me taking over the world with swift blinding violence and fear. I might be nicer once all the dust settled and everyone fell in line and was worshiping me, but those first few days would be pretty ugly.
you have the right Av'.

Nope.

I'd use it to get laid and to rob moonay.

Ego

It's like comparing being a firefighter to volunteering at Seniors bingo night
Lol I've volunteered at nursing homes. You're not a hero but it's nice knowing you're doing something that's bringing happiness to others or helping them, even if it's little things. Meh.

What kind of powers are we talking about btw? Can I kill people and get away with it?

which then begs the question of how much responsibility, if any you feel for all those dying that you could have saved??
We're all dying. Saving people might make traffic worse. I'd play it safe and see what happens.

We're all dying. Saving people might make traffic worse. I'd play it safe and see what happens.
Sure were all dying but I suspect if you get sick you try to get better. You might even go to a hospital to try and get treatment. so you do not just accept your death if there is a way to prevent it. You EXPECT treatment.

So if you have the power to give treatment would you give it?

Probably not, sounds like a way for gubbermints of the world to try to snatch me up and experiment for militaristic exploitation

Depends on the power, trolling type powers would be fun. aka ability to project dick pics into people's thoughts at any moment

This is why I talk about movement therapy/physical remedies when I meet people that have physical problems, and why I talk about God all the time with everyone. I definitely feel obligated... but it's not like an obligation... it 'feels' like an obligation but what it is actually called 'compassion' -- the desire to relieve suffering in others (or, I would say, to help them remove their own suffering with God... but I guess we do play a role).

Sure were all dying but I suspect if you get sick you try to get better. You might even go to a hospital to try and get treatment. so you do not just accept your death if there is a way to prevent it. You EXPECT treatment.

So if you have the power to give treatment would you give it?
No. Despite my masturabatory habits i try to avoid playing god.

No. I don't think I'm suddenly everyone's babysitter just because I have powers. I'll help out if I feel like it.

If some person without powers gets mad at me and gives me the spiel of what they would do if they had powers, I'd just laugh in their face.

Anybody who is saying yes to this is full of shit. Because there are things you can do with a superpower called "money" that can save lives and drastically improve the lives of others that you choose not to do.

Anyways, you don't need super powers to help other people. There are so many ways you could help right now. So idk, if you're not actively helping people already would super powers be what motivates you to start helping? Why? Would it be easier/more convenient?

Duh. Hence why it'd be called a superpower.

Anybody who is saying yes to this is full of shit. Because there are things you can do with a superpower called "money" that can save lives and drastically improve the lives of others that you choose not to do.

Anyone? Mighty presumptuous of you to think that nobody gives to charity. Not to mention regularly paying taxes.

Pretty dumb statement.

Back