If you had superpowers would you feel morally obligated to help people?

STEVEN SEAGOLD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would. I would feel guilty each and every second I spent not out there helping those in need.

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Sure

Then I'd become depressed after realizing how few of humanity's problems can be solved by flying around and punching people.

I help people selfishly, it gives me peace of mind, I dont expect anything in return other than that peace of mind, not as moral obligation. Having loyal friends and family is just a nice side effect of that primary purpose. You dont need superpowers to do so, unless youre planning regime change in North Korea or some shit.

Taking over the world is ultimately in benefit of the people, so in that way, yes

X-Ray vision would mean i'd be too busy fapping to help people.

I help people selfishly, it gives me peace of mind, I dont expect anything in return other than that peace of mind, not as moral obligation. Having loyal friends and family is just a nice side effect of that primary purpose. You dont need superpowers to do so, unless youre planning regime change in North Korea or some shit.
There's certainly an ego aspect to helping people. I would gladly relish the title of The People's Champion, Hero, Savior etc etc

Part of the reason why Rich Big Wig Billionaires love philanthropy. One part ego, one part publicity, one part tax incentive.

yes. that is why, in many ways it would be a curse.

Imagine you had the power to heal people. You would have this type of lineup for miles upon miles, of absolutely desperate people chasing you and begging you all the time.

iphone4-lines-ny.jpg

Your life would basically be a martyrdom where you only lived to serve others.

I would work at a sperm bank....so those broads pulling up in their SUVs to the drive up ATM would swipe their card, punch in some numbers, and out of the slot beneath the screen would plop out my pulpy baby fuel.

yes. that is why, in many ways it would be a curse.

Imagine you had the power to heal people. You would have this type of lineup for miles upon miles, of absolutely desperate people chasing you and begging you all the time.

iphone4-lines-ny.jpg

Your life would basically be a martyrdom where you only lived to serve others.
Just wear glasses and they won't know who you are.

What kind of superpower?

If it's anything like Superman/Dr. Manhattan powers, and I couldn't die, or be threatened by even the most powerful military weaponry, all scenarios end with me taking over the world with swift blinding violence and fear. I might be nicer once all the dust settled and everyone fell in line and was worshiping me, but those first few days would be pretty ugly.

I'd help humanity by thinning the herd. Starting with TS [no offense]

I'd look after myself and my family first. If I had Superpowers. you'd better believe I'd be making bank off them.

I would do pro bono work, it just wouldn't be my primary motivation.

What kind of superpower?

If it's anything like Superman/Dr. Manhattan powers, and I couldn't die, or be threatened by even the most powerful military weaponry, all scenarios end with me taking over the world with swift blinding violence and fear. I might be nicer once all the dust settled and everyone fell in line and was worshiping me, but those first few days would be pretty ugly.
Lol very fitting with your Joffrey AV.

I would. I would feel guilty each and every second I spent not out there helping those in need.

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Honestly depends on the power , if I was invulnerable and had super strength, I might be more international Punisher/ Vigilante type . I would literally juggernaut through North Korea and crush the little fat guys throat and I would be systematically be taking down ISIS Cells or Drug Cartels, I would get that information by force, fuck warrants fuck the process I would make be the motherfucking boogieman to terrorist groups , cartels and eventually to mafia as well, I will try to avoid hurting the innocent but I wouldn't lose sleep over collateral damage.

Anyways, you don't need super powers to help other people. There are so many ways you could help right now. So idk, if you're not actively helping people already would super powers be what motivates you to start helping? Why? Would it be easier/more convenient?

Back