If you could change the outcome of any past title fight which would it be?

Sakurai V Hughes

UFC_36_poster_art.jpg

Mach is one of my all time favorite fighters. It would have been awesome if he had won the belt, but Hughes took him down against the fence and mauled him.

Sakurai, coming from Shooto, was used to fighting in a ring, and wasn't prepared for being trapped against a cage by someone like Hughes.

Props to Hughes though, he was a monster back then. He even managed to land this slick superman punch at one point:

300vfwl.gif
Regardless, is it worth a watch? Competitive at all? Haven't seen much Sakurai - my main memory is when he made Danzig look like a child in pride. Always a Hughes fan tho

Aldo/Conor for me. Rampage/Griffin was heart breaking but at least Griffin was a respectable human being.

Regardless, is it worth a watch? Competitive at all? Haven't seen much Sakurai - my main memory is when he made Danzig look like a child in pride. Always a Hughes fan tho

Goes into the 4th, with the majority of the bout being Hughes getting TDs, controlling, and then delivering GnP. It's not really competitive, and Mach doesn't really get to show his stuff.

I wouldn't say it's terribly exciting (from what I remember, and I could be biased because I'm a Mach fan), but it's definitely vintage Hughes.

If you're a fan of his you may enjoy it.

Not necessarily decision outcomes just overall results?

Some that come to mind would be:

Woodley/Lawler- think of how 170 would be without Tyron"moneyfight" Woodley

Rockhold/Bisping- The middleweight division was basically non existent for about a year plus cuz of Bisping

Aldo/Conor- just imagine if Aldo won....2 divisions were ruined that night lol

Cain/JDS 2 or 3- big Cain fan but holy shit man he basically shut down the division

What other ones are out there? Maybe even some where your fav fighter lost their belt or didn't win it and something more interesting would've happened?

Another Woodley hater. That's probably the entire reason you made this thread.

gsp bisping, george came for money and nothing else

DC/Jones 2 last year. I was rooting for Jones going in (sort of...), but after he failed a drug test again I now wish Cormier had just gone on and beat him. Would have made the whole situation funnier.

Not necessarily decision outcomes just overall results?

Some that come to mind would be:

Woodley/Lawler- think of how 170 would be without Tyron"moneyfight" Woodley

Rockhold/Bisping- The middleweight division was basically non existent for about a year plus cuz of Bisping

Aldo/Conor- just imagine if Aldo won....2 divisions were ruined that night lol

Cain/JDS 2 or 3- big Cain fan but holy shit man he basically shut down the division

What other ones are out there? Maybe even some where your fav fighter lost their belt or didn't win it and something more interesting would've happened?
Rousey-Nunes. Imagine the Sherdog butthurt.

Nick-GSP
Imagining the look on Danas face to have a Diaz brother as champ is too good.

Or Bisping-GSP
Bisping should have retired champ!

the only one i can think of just happened, stip over ngannou. the amount of hype francis would b gettn right now wouldve been insane. we would have a much needed star in such bad times right now.

Goes into the 4th, with the majority of the bout being Hughes getting TDs, controlling, and then delivering GnP. It's not really competitive, and Mach doesn't really get to show his stuff.

I wouldn't say it's terribly exciting (from what I remember, and I could be biased because I'm a Mach fan), but it's definitely vintage Hughes.

If you're a fan of his you may enjoy it.
Thanks for the analysis. Prefer more competitive bouts. I just got fight pass so, trying to catch up on any decent bouts I may have missed

Back