If you could change the outcome of any past title fight which would it be?

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not necessarily decision outcomes just overall results?

Some that come to mind would be:

Woodley/Lawler- think of how 170 would be without Tyron"moneyfight" Woodley

Rockhold/Bisping- The middleweight division was basically non existent for about a year plus cuz of Bisping

Aldo/Conor- just imagine if Aldo won....2 divisions were ruined that night lol

Cain/JDS 2 or 3- big Cain fan but holy shit man he basically shut down the division

What other ones are out there? Maybe even some where your fav fighter lost their belt or didn't win it and something more interesting would've happened?

As weird as it may sound, I think Robbie getting KO'd may have been the best thing to happen to him. I think Wonderboy might have picked Robbie apart and taken even more out of him than that KO from woodley, if that makes sense.

That 5th round triangle-choke at the main event of UFC 117 would never have happened if I was the master of the universe.

I wish Cormier had at least one win over Jones.

Aldo-McGregor and Alvares- McGregor especially. Would be very interesting to see how the UFC would have developed with regards to the LW title if Conor was a contender. Some great fights could have happened.

Not necessarily decision outcomes just overall results?

Some that come to mind would be:

Rockhold/Bisping- The middleweight division was basically non existent for about a year plus cuz of Bisping

Aldo/Conor- just imagine if Aldo won....2 divisions were ruined that night lol

Cain/JDS 2 or 3- big Cain fan but holy shit man he basically shut down the division

What other ones are out there? Maybe even some where your fav fighter lost their belt or didn't win it and something more interesting would've happened?
I said it once and i'll say it a thousand times
16-gonzaga-o.gif

I would change this to a flying knee from Punk right on Gall's chin to kickstart what would have been the all-time GOAT welterweight title run...
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Sakurai V Hughes

UFC_36_poster_art.jpg

Mach is one of my all time favorite fighters. It would have been awesome if he had won the belt, but Hughes took him down against the fence and mauled him.

Sakurai, coming from Shooto, was used to fighting in a ring, and wasn't prepared for being trapped against a cage by someone like Hughes.

Props to Hughes though, he was a monster back then. He even managed to land this slick superman punch at one point:

300vfwl.gif

Anderson would still be on his championship run if I was god.

I wish Cormier had at least one win over Jones.

For preference their last fight. We would have been spared the painful redemption tour stuff that was aborted by the even more painful USADA disclosure. And DC could've been so gleeful over beating a popping Jon.

BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar 1 scorecard.

I think BJ Penn won that fight easily.

I think losing that fight demotivated Penn.

There shouldn't have been a rematch so soon ... and even when it eventually happened and even if Frankie won the rematch for sure ..

... I think Penn would have stayed in LW and be focused for a third match tiebreaker instead of getting fat to fight at WW again.

Although I'm glad it worked out the way it did, it'd be very interesting to see what path Wand's career would have taken had he beaten Tito for the UFC belt in 2000.

I suppose I'd liked to have seen Diaz beat McGregor again in the rematch, only so Conor would actually have to fucking compete in the UFC. Instead, he gets a second title, holds another entire division hostage, and for some reason is allowed a fight with one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Why would I change the outcome of a title fight?

Back