If volk wins he will become top 3 all time and enter the GOAT discussion

Hi there!
I did mention him at the start, alongside Henry Cejudo

For the record, before the Khabib fanbase started to bash Fedor & GSP to prop Nurmagomedov as the number 1 GOAT, I was very much on Khabib's side and cheered for him in every single one of his UFC fights
(I was ecstatic when he crushed Conor's spirit & body)

And I used to have him at my last finger of the GOAT hand... the Femto of the bunch if you will

But then I started thinking, had Max Holloway retired right after beating Ortega, wouldn't he have a better claim than Khabib? Or at least comparable?
Had Conor retired from MMA right after beating Eddie Alvarez, he would probably be considered a MMA goat today, who had the balls to go up against Floyd and not getting immediately destroyed...
Had Fabricio Werdum retired right after submitted Cain, then what? Is he the UFC HW GOAT?

It's very hard to rank fighters who retire at the height of their physical prime...

GSP is an exception, since he had defended the title so many times, and had been vocal about wanting to retire since the Carlos Condit fight... he stuck around and fought Nick Diaz & Hendricks out of a sense of obligation, and when he got the win over Johnny (I say this as the biggest GSP nuthugger on Sherdog, but I personally scored this fight a draw since I had the first round perfectly even) that was it for it.

Cejudo and GSP are 2 examples of how things can go when you come back after a long lay-off.

Khabib was right to retire if he didn't feel like fighting anymore, but it's tough to rank him accordingly. For all we know he would have pulled a Pettis afterward (which isn't a bad thing, "Showtime" had a great career even after losing the title, beating future champ and LW king candidate Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira, and KOing Wonderboy Thompson in a badass openweight bout, plus beating the much bigger Michael "Maverick" Chiesa in a gutsy performance, etc etc etc)

Buuuut Pettis is never considered as a potential 5th MMA God Hand finger, is he?
Agree, his resume doesn't make him into the top 5 GOAT, one of the criteria I personnaly favor isn't really accomplishment, but skills, Khabib ragdolled the elite, each one of his wins aged like fine wine (eg:Gaethje/RDA), upping his value, this happened in the hardest division by far, in an elite era, there is no lw in the top 10 GOATs for a reason, it is that hard to perform. We also can't forget Islam current title reign (if you follow the sport for this long you know which one the strongest). Never in danger in this division, without losing a round, and finishing the elite.

Chin got tested, cardio and heart too, he had all the matchups except for the dangerous striker+dangerous JJB aka Charles/Ferguson but the later on his back got debunked and little bro Islam shat on Olive. And adding to that the number of fighters that ducked him.

Khabib is Griffith, not for how much he accomplished but how good he did it to who. + we can add the gym rumors that add to the legend. IDK each one of us has it's criteria.

If Volk pulls this off Saturday night then he immediately becomes top 3 all time and would then have a legitimate argument in the GOAT discussion. I don't think he can pull this off, but that's precisely why the reward is so great. Only a GOAT level fighter can accomplish what Volk is trying to do Saturday, therefore it only makes sense to put him in that category should he win. Thoughts?

For the record if Volk wins Saturday top 10 for me would look like.

1)GSP
2)Jones
3)Volk
4)Fedor
5)Silva
6)Aldo
7)DJ
8)Hughes
9)Khabib
10)Usman

Where is volk now for you?

Aldo has 11 championships as the #1 ranked fighter
Volk has 6 championships as the #1 ranked fighter

Y'all are an embarrassment.

if volk wins, we'd still need more time and perspective to figure how it all works. volk doesn't have as many title defenses, but the defenses he has had, have been absolute dominant what are they even doing in the octagon with him type of victories. no come from behind defenses, no slightly doing better than the opponent wins, no controversial could have gone the other way decisions, they have all been dominant af wins/defenses. that's where volk stands out a little bit more so than others.

<LikeReally5>

So you're just gonna pretend the fights with Max 1 and 2 don't exist? He has absolutely not been more dominant than Jones, Silva, Aldo, or MM in their first 5 title defenses (or GSP in his second title run). Or Fedor, taking into account that Pride rarely held title fights and including his wins as the number one heavyweight in the world.

Let's address your claim about Volk's dominant title defenses. He only has 3 such fights I can identify that could meet that criteria. The KZ fight. The Yair fight. The 3rd fight with Max. All of his other title fights were very competitive. The 5 fighters mentioned above have way more dominant title wins than just 3.

Right now Volk is around Dom Cruz's level. Cruz had 6 title defenses (1 more than Volk) and one split decision title defense (same as Volk). He also came back after a 4 year layoff and won his belt back, so he's arguably still ahead.

<LikeReally5>

So you're just gonna pretend the fights with Max 1 and 2 don't exist? He has absolutely not been more dominant than Jones, Silva, Aldo, or MM in their first 5 title defenses (or GSP in his second title run). Or Fedor, taking into account that Pride rarely held title fights and including his wins as the number one heavyweight in the world.

Let's address your claim about Volk's dominant title defenses. He only has 3 such fights I can identify that could meet that criteria. The KZ fight. The Yair fight. The 3rd fight with Max. All of his other title fights were very competitive. The 5 fighters mentioned above have way more dominant title wins than just 3.

Right now Volk is around Dom Cruz's level. Cruz had 6 title defenses (1 more than Volk) and one split decision title defense (same as Volk). He also came back after a 4 year layoff and won his belt back, so he's arguably still ahead.
bro, i was just making a comment. i really dont care. i think volk is legit, not saying he's on the level of jones. i shrug my shoulders now.

bro, i was just making a comment. i really dont care. i think volk is legit, not saying he's on the level of jones. i shrug my shoulders now.

He's obviously legit. But the things you were saying aren't true. He has had close, competitive fights. And he has fewer dominant wins than the fighters we typically throw into the GOAT conversation. Theres nothing wrong with that. And who knows, maybe he will go on to break Aldo's title defense record and solidify himself among those guys. But he isn't there yet.

He's obviously legit. But the things you were saying aren't true. He has had close, competitive fights. And he has fewer dominant wins than the fighters we typically throw into the GOAT conversation. Theres nothing wrong with that. And who knows, maybe he will go on to break Aldo's title defense record and solidify himself among those guys. But he isn't there yet.
noted

What a loser.
Machida has weighted below 200lbs for LHW bouts, he wasnt even a big weight cutter for 185. Evans is a bit thicker but definitely a small LHW too who often weighted-in well below 205 limit

Rampage was always a big cutter for LHW and actually missed weight for 205. Not opinable.

Get another hobby. You are one of the most obvious, uneducated shertards around
your definitely a noob
do u really wanted me to post how much machida weighed when
he was a LHW?
rashad is a former HW
u been watching just now?
do u want me to post evidence?

Rashad weighed only 203 pounds when he fought Forrest griffin for the LHW belt. Even as a Heavyweight, he said in an interview he only weighed 195 before bulking to 225 to get on the ultimate fighter, then immediately dropped to light heavyweight when he got into the ufc.

machida weighed 204 against jones, 201 against bader the fight after, and 202 against Henderson the fight after that
He even weighed in at 199 in one of his earlier ufc bouts against David heath

View attachment 1007946
this is jones confirming he weighed 224 fighting Rashad, and in the bad blood promo for Cormier vs jones 1 he says he weighs 227
lol a 1 lb difference is big?
do u want me to post a 205 lb machida?
and a HW rashad evans?
thats the weight of a LHW
or am i fooled
ur trying to tell me 204 lbs is a MW?

lol a 1 lb difference is big?
do u want me to post a 205 lb machida?
and a HW rashad evans?
thats the weight of a LHW
or am i fooled
ur trying to tell me 204 lbs is a MW?
You honestly think jones weighed 205 when he fought machida?
Rashad at light heavyweight looks nothing like the Rashad in TUF
I think you might be retarded, cause yes, 204 is a middleweight

your definitely a noob
do u really wanted me to post how much machida weighed when
he was a LHW?
rashad is a former HW
u been watching just now?
do u want me to post evidence?

Its very easy to check

Solid contender for shertard of the year you are. What a disgrace for your family

Agree, his resume doesn't make him into the top 5 GOAT, one of the criteria I personnaly favor isn't really accomplishment, but skills, Khabib ragdolled the elite, each one of his wins aged like fine wine (eg:Gaethje/RDA), upping his value, this happened in the hardest division by far, in an elite era, there is no lw in the top 10 GOATs for a reason, it is that hard to perform. We also can't forget Islam current title reign (if you follow the sport for this long you know which one the strongest). Never in danger in this division, without losing a round, and finishing the elite.

Chin got tested, cardio and heart too, he had all the matchups except for the dangerous striker+dangerous JJB aka Charles/Ferguson but the later on his back got debunked and little bro Islam shat on Olive. And adding to that the number of fighters that ducked him.

Khabib is Griffith, not for how much he accomplished but how good he did it to who. + we can add the gym rumors that add to the legend. IDK each one of us has it's criteria.
ok bro
so 204 lbs is MW
and HW rashad is also MW
u flat earther too?

Its very easy to check

Solid contender for shertard of the year you are. What a disgrace for your family
please provide evidence
saying 204 lbs is MW
or a HW rashad is also a MW
u know if we where in court youll lose right?
no evidence?

You honestly think jones weighed 205 when he fought machida?
Rashad at light heavyweight looks nothing like the Rashad in TUF
I think you might be retarded, cause yes, 204 is a middleweight
you also honestly think machida and rashad and many more only weighed 204 lbs?
machida who fought franklin was like 215 lbs
is that MW?

Its very easy to check

2016 acct still trolling
your a disgrace to all westerner
i thought u guys have better education
but cant post evidence?
no wonder alot of u believe the earth is flat
you also have like a thousand genders there lol

please provide evidence
saying 204 lbs is MW
or a HW rashad is also a MW
u know if we where in court youll lose right?
no evidence?

It's as easy as checking their weight-in history in tapology:

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/lyoto-machida-the-dragon
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/rashad-evans-sugar

They both have weighted-in several lbs below the 205 limit, and even below 200lbs for a LHW bout, as Machida vs Heath, which obviously means they werent even cutting weight. Nobody cuts way more weigh than they need to just for fun.

Both Machida and Evans also made the cut to 185 already in their late 30s without missing weight while Rampage actually missed weight for 205 and could not even imagine, not even remotely consider, competing at MW.

The fact you are even arguing this shows the caliber of shertard you are. Pretending to have a clue on here. What a disgrace lol. Have some respect for yourself.

It's as easy as checking their weight-in history in tapology:

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/lyoto-machida-the-dragon
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/rashad-evans-sugar

They both have weighted-in several lbs below the 205 limit, and even below 200lbs for a LHW bout, as Machida vs Heath, which obviously means they werent even cutting weight. Nobody cuts way more weigh than they need to just for fun.

Both Machida and Evans also made the cut to 185 already in their late 30s without missing weight while Rampage actually missed weight for 205 and could not even imagine, not even remotely consider, competing at MW.

The fact you are even arguing this shows the caliber of shertard you are. Pretending to have a clue on here. What a disgrace lol. Have some respect for yourself.
here is an evidence that machida is a LHW
do u want me to convert kilos to lbs?
machida doesnt cut weight?
Untitled.png

here is an evidence that machida is a LHW
do u want me to convert kilos to lbs?
machida doesnt cut weight?
View attachment 1008037

Yeah and BJ Penn was 190lbs vs Machida.

It must mean he is MW sized :eek::eek:

Holly shit even a 12 year old would show higher IQ. lol what a disgrace you are. Bye loser

Yeah and BJ Penn was 190lbs vs Machida.

It must mean he is MW sized :eek::eek:

Holly shit even a 12 year old would show higher IQ. lol what a disgrace you are. Monumental loser
machida was at his best and prime at LHW
he was stronger and more faster than other LHW
bj penn is slow and was fat
whats bj penns record at a higher weight class? like 1 win 10 losses?

again ur trying to tell me 215 lbs machida aint a LHW
and aint cutting weight

Back