If volk wins he will become top 3 all time and enter the GOAT discussion

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If Volk pulls this off Saturday night then he immediately becomes top 3 all time and would then have a legitimate argument in the GOAT discussion. I don't think he can pull this off, but that's precisely why the reward is so great. Only a GOAT level fighter can accomplish what Volk is trying to do Saturday, therefore it only makes sense to put him in that category should he win. Thoughts?

For the record if Volk wins Saturday top 10 for me would look like.

1)GSP
2)Jones
3)Volk
4)Fedor
5)Silva
6)Aldo
7)DJ
8)Hughes
9)Khabib
10)Usman

Last edited:
I have him 4th atm and I too would probably put him 3rd (ahead of Khabib) if he were to win. Hard to say what would happen if he loses. Depends how he loses I guess.

If he sparks Islam out cold, and demolishes Touroia it will be hard for me not to put him over Jose Aldo with that being said it’s hard to place an active fighter in the goat convo as you have no idea what the career of said person will look like when done

GOAT MMA fighter
and Most likeable and respectful fighter.

Having GSP above him is fucking laughable and just pure because of hate. I love the 'he never failed a test' excuse also. Probably because for his entire fighting career he was only thoroughly tested once against a one eyed fighter

GSP was a great fighter no doubt, but he isn't close to Jones. No way in this world would a fighter like Serra ever stop Jones, even by fluke, it would never happen

Having GSP above him is fucking laughable and just pure because of hate. I love the 'he never failed a test' excuse also. Probably because for his entire fighting career he was only thoroughly tested once against a one eyed fighter

GSP was a great fighter no doubt, but he isn't close to Jones. No way in this world would a fighter like Serra ever stop Jones, even by fluke, it would never happen

Yeah Jones is in a category of his own.
His true record should be 29-0, with is astonishing considering his quality of opponents
Imagine smashing 4 champions in 2011, and 12 years later choking out a HW top contender to become the champion again, and not losing a fight the whole time

Whose resume even comes close?

Yeah, because beating a guy that just defended his belt against the same guy, I mean, himself, a FW instead of a LW, and only have 1 top 5 win (Charles) will make Volkanovski GOAT. Yeah... but no. The only impressive feat would be 11 days notice, but he is not even GOAT in his own division, Aldo has 9 title defenses streak against elite competition and he has only 5. Let's stop the bs, please.

I have him 4th atm and I too would probably put him 3rd (ahead of Khabib) if he were to win. Hard to say what would happen if he loses. Depends how he loses I guess.
Good trolling

GSP was around when the same testing perameters caught Jones and he was stripped of the title. GSP also advocated for more stringent testing during his reign as champ. Jones has been stripped of his belt 3x. GSP? none.
copa-copa-copa-copa-copa-copefeeeelium. ya come and coooope, ya come and coooOOOope

GSP was around when the same testing perameters caught Jones and he was stripped of the title. GSP also advocated for more stringent testing during his reign as champ. Jones has been stripped of his belt 3x. GSP? none.
copa-copa-copa-copa-copa-copefeeeelium. ya come and coooope, ya come and coooOOOope

So when was Jones caught? GSP went into exile for many years, it wasn't prior to Hendricks?

Was it not USADA who caught Jones? Was GSP ever tested by USADA outside of the bisping fight?

You seem a little vexed judging by the highlighted part of your quote. Are you ok??
Jones never tapped to strikes fighting a dwarf or cheat with grease

Yall love jumping the gun...

How at 7-1 would Volk be ahead of these dudes with 11, 12, 13, 15/16 title fight wins?

Anderson, MM, Jones all hit double digits title fight wins without a loss. Aldo also hit 10 (3 Wec 7 UFC) before first loss.

And remember 3 of Volks current 6 title fight wins are on the same dude and one is old as dirt KZ.

1000004654.jpg

Back