If the UFC make McGregor vs. Diaz 3, who will Ferguson fight?

6zopyt.png

If Conor doesn't fight Tony, then it seems only right that Tony should be the undisputed LW champ and then Conor can do whatever the hell he wants.

If Conor doesn't fight Tony, then it seems only right that Tony should be the undisputed LW champ and then Conor can do whatever the hell he wants.

This is how it should be. If Conor doesn't defend the belt, then Tony Ferguson should be promoted to undisputed LW champ. But we all now the UFC aren't going to do that, so Tony is stuck without an opponent.

In that case we'd all know Ferguson is the real LW champion, so the 1 contender would be either Khabib or barboza.

MMa4k_s-200x150.gif
Damn Son, that's a whole lot going on in this post; I'm gonna try and dissect some of this real quick.

Why would Tony go up to 170 and fight Maia when he's winning @LW and making weight, and for what reason would he ever go down to 145 and fight "Who dafuq cares about Yair" ...?

How did Nate get on the board, Tony only unifies with the disputed Champ not some guy falling off the couch (No disrespect Nate just making a point) How it's suppose to work is two men/women fight for the interim belt winner gets to unify with now disputed champ that's fight bizness.

Make any other fight, you got workplace problems because I'll lawyer up quick and stop sh!t of other fight...

Tony is unknown to the casual as was Diaz who was a replacement for RDA who Conor was suppose to box up and got choked out instead and cried for a instant rematch. Just like Diaz he won his season of the The Ultimate Fighter and just like Diaz they have enough video and highlights to sell the f*king fight like a promotion should. Conor 1st ever title against the interim Champ who will be called "Undisputed" a blind monkey can sell that fight, so what's the f*king problem..?

And besides it's not even about Ferguson it's all about Conor and selling him...
That dude is making a mess on 3 WCs Rosters just to accommodate Connie fighting Nate for the THIRD time!!
Lolololol.

Ferguson vs. Khabib.

But the most realistic scenario is:

McGregor vs. Ferguson

Khabib vs. Barboza

gonna laugh my ass off if Tony defends the interim belt before Conor defends the "real" belt

The champ will fight Khabib. As Conor will be stripped of yet another title.

Khabib could beat Ferguson and they will still find a way to get Conor out of that fight.

going on how title fights are made right about now, probably dariush.

That dude is making a mess on 3 WCs Rosters just to accommodate Connie fighting Nate for the THIRD time!!
Lolololol.

Like it's not bad enough he's already stifling a division that can easily be moved along if the so called champ would just fight the next contender and move the division along. But it seems the UFC wants guys behind him to fight each other off until Conor's easiest match up shakes out.

Last edited:
I wish Ferg would move up. Tyron would be so fun. You know it would be fight. Ferg dont play cautious he's on you all the time with relentless pace. Obviously he could get caught with some of Tyrons hot shit but seems to have faith in chin.

There is no way he should put his title on the line though unless to unify. Worked too hard for it.

Last edited:
Like it's not bad enough he's already he's stifling a division that can easily be moved along if the so called champ would just the next contender and move the division along. But it seems the UFC wants guys behind him to fight each other off until Conor's easiest match up shakes out.

Anyone who can't see this...idk. I think Nate choking him out again would be hilarious and that's what I want. Not knocking Nate, but when did he become such a machine? He never was. If it wasn't already done and recorded, the UFC would love to erase that first fight from history and you know they would. That's one gif that could be spammed in every thread and I wouldn't give a shit.

Its not happening. Conor will be fighting Tony.

Like it's not bad enough he's already he's stifling a division that can easily be moved along if the so called champ would just the next contender and move the division along. But it seems the UFC wants guys behind him to fight each other off until Conor's easiest match up shakes out.
We know that.
The UFC wants that.but what amazes me is people here,MMA "fans" who seems to not only agree with it.they think is the right thing to do!
"WELL!! JUST Move everybody else!!
" to accommodate just ONE individual.

Anyone who can't see this...idk. I think Nate choking him out again would be hilarious and that's what I want. Not knocking Nate, but when did he become such a machine? He never was. If it wasn't already done and recorded, the UFC would love to erase that first fight from history and you know they would. That's one gif that could be spammed in every thread and I wouldn't give a shit.
ohh i agree with you that Nate beating Connie was hilarious BUT two fights already happened,and he lost the second one by his own mistakes.
The LW division is in need closure and Nate is not part of the solution,he is part of the problem.
Had he fought smartly in the second fight he would probably put Connie away again in the third or fourth round.
Had he accepted any of the other fights the UFC offered him against other top 5 he would,maybe,be more comfortable in the ranks to deserve a third match up with Connie.
Why he deserves another chance when theres is a IT champion there,AN UNDEFEATED ONE,waiting for his chance to unify his title and a "champion" who is holding the real belt for one year not defending it?

6zopyt.png

I would say that Tony should not fight anyone and wait for the winner.
But if he is forced to fight, Khabib or Barboza are the ones that makes most sense.

If Nate-Conor does happen then Tony should be able to fight anyone and lose, but still a free ticket to the next title shot.
At that point he should be considered the equivalent of a sports team that has qualified for the finals, but still has one more meaningless game to play in the qualification rounds.

And in that case I'd let him fight someone on the lower end of the top 10.
There's no point in having Tony fighting other good contenders now and risk eliminating someone.
Let's keep some good contenders for future title fights.

Last edited:
Khabob should actually come back...Make weight...And win a fight against a top contender before even thinking about giving him a title shot.

Khabob/Diaz/Connor are just shit disturbers in the division at this point.

Back