If Stipe beats Cain, is he the greatest UFC HW of all time?

Early 2000s Cro Cop.

We cant just act like 2001 to 2006 never happened.

Everyone declines after several years. He had an entire life of kickboxing and boxing before MMA. Dude literally has over 100 fights.

I don't think Stipe could deal with a 2003 Mirko. The speed, the kicks, the sprawl...the physical prime of Cro Cop was once in a lifetime type shit. He would hurt Stipe with leg kicks and body kicks and then finish him.

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

Thanks for the fucking laugh.

I am pretty sure the fine print of the "Greatest of all time" title has several stipulations, including title defenses, opponents, skill level, etc. But I am even more sure that right under all of that, in fine print, at the very bottom it says "void if owned by Stefan Struve"

No he needs a couple fights with zuluzinho and Hong man choi in between their first then we can start talking
You forgot thick-skull Fujita and Egidijus Valavicius. And also TK when he was 36, lol.
Lol. Fedor had already cleared out the entire HW division. There were no other contenders to fight.

Zulu was actually undefeated at 7-0 with 7 KO's (and 400 pounds) when he stepped into the ring with Fedor. He was one of the only guys on a winning streak that Fedor hadnt already beat. Could you imagine Stipe accepting a fight against a 400 pound undefeated KO artist that was the son of a legendary fighter in Brazil? Fedor wasnt scared and destroyed him.

Nobody wanted to fight Hong Man Choi. He was 7 feet tall and 400 pounds. Fedor took that risky fight, took some damage from massive hammerfists but managed to get the win.

Fedor fought Valavicius 3 weeks after he just won the world title against Nog!!! Three weeks!!! Could you imagine Stipe fighting three weeks after he just fought a title fight? Hell No. Stipe was doing parades and basketball game appearances in Cleveland for several weeks.

He fought Fujita only two months after that and Goodridge only two months after that. You guys have no idea how active Fedor was. He beat a few so-so names in between his big fights, yes, but he would have already fought twice by now in the time Stipe has been resting from the Reem fight.

And TK was just to give Fedor revenge. Same way UFC made Chuck/Horn, Chuck/Rampage, Brock/Mir 2 and Bisping/Hendo 2 and so on.

Last edited:
tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

Thanks for the fucking laugh.

I am pretty sure the fine print of the "Greatest of all time" title has several stipulations, including title defenses, opponents, skill level, etc. But I am even more sure that right under all of that, in fine print, at the very bottom it says "void if owned by Stefan Struve"
This^
If you have an unavenged loss, you're not the "greatest of all time". ;)

Stipe is on a five-fight winning streak, and he's the best HW of all time? Not at all! He is very good and hard to beat, but he is certainly beatable and will lose that belt soon. I don't know if it will be Cain or Ngannou or whoever it will be, but it's a fact that most of the guys he beat recently were way past their primes. They're still impressive wins, no doubt, but I just see a lot of flaws that someone will take advantage of sooner rather than later. I might be wrong, but at the moment he doesn't strike me as this unstoppable world-beater who will reign supreme for a long time. Reem nearly finished him, and imo JDS could have clipped him several times if he wasn't so gunshy in their second fight.

Stipe, JDS, Sylvia, and Cain are real close. They are truly the 4 horsemen of the heavyweight division history.

Lol. Fedor had already cleared out the entire HW division. There were no other contenders to fight.

What a blatant lie. Fedor fought 36 year old TK, Nagata and Fujita before he fought Crocop.

Zulu was actually undefeated at 7-0 with 7 KO's (and 400 pounds) when he stepped into the ring with Fedor. He was one of the only guys on a winning streak that Fedor hadnt already beat. Could you imagine Stipe accepting a fight against a 400 pound undefeated KO artist that was the son of a legendary fighter in Brazil? Fedor wasnt scared and destroyed him.

Yeah, he whole Pride HW division was trembling before Zuluzinho, who went 6-9 in his career after leaving Brazil. Even now the UFC HW division would probably shit its pants and Stipe would outright refuse to fight him. lol

Nobody wanted to fight Hong Man Choi. He was 7 feet tall and 400 pounds. Fedor took that risky fight, took some damage from massive hammerfists but managed to get the win.

The next illustrious MMA prodigy, sure. He fought Fedor in his second MMA fight and went 4-9 in his MMA career, so he's obviously high level material as well. Like with Zuluzinho everybody was very scared of him, only Fedor had the guts to step up.

Fedor fought Valavicius 3 weeks after he just won the world title against Nog!!! Three weeks!!! Could you imagine Stipe fighting three weeks after he just fought a title fight? Hell No. Stipe was doing parades and basketball game appearances in Cleveland for several weeks.

He fought Fujita only two months after that and Goodridge only two months after that. You guys have no idea how active Fedor was. He beat a few so-so names in between his big fights, yes, but he would have already fought twice by now in the time Stipe has been resting from the Reem fight.

In other words the only reason Fedor could fight that frequently is because he was basically fighting cans his whole career apart from a few exceptions. What you call "so-so names" normal people are calling "no-names" by the way.

And TK was just to give Fedor revenge. Same way UFC made Chuck/Horn, Chuck/Rampage, Brock/Mir 2 and Bisping/Hendo 2 and so on.

Wait a minute. Did you just agree that TK was a senseless fight and Fedor maybe should've faced Crocop instead? It can't be. Blasphemy!

I'm assuming this is some UFC driven narrative to stop people talking about Fedor.

In the sense that he will have the most title defenses ever while competing in the worlds best promotion, then yes hed have to be #1. Especially when considering his decisive victories as champ and leading up to his title fight. But with the other factors at play (age of opposition mostly) hes probably still behind a few guys. Probably. Maybe. Hes up there with
Fedor
Nog
Randy
Werdum
Crocop
Cain
JDS
Sylvia
Barnett
Mir

What a blatant lie. Fedor fought 36 year old TK, Nagata and Fujita before he fought Crocop.

Yeah, he whole Pride HW division was trembling before Zuluzinho, who went 6-9 in his career after leaving Brazil. Even now the UFC HW division would probably shit its pants and Stipe would outright refuse to fight him. lol

The next illustrious MMA prodigy, sure. He fought Fedor in his second MMA fight and went 4-9 in his MMA career, so he's obviously high level material as well. Like with Zuluzinho everybody was very scared of him, only Fedor had the guts to step up.

In other words the only reason Fedor could fight that frequently is because he was basically fighting cans his whole career apart from a few exceptions. What you call "so-so names" normal people are calling "no-names" by the way.

Wait a minute. Did you just agree that TK was a senseless fight and Fedor maybe should've faced Crocop instead? It can't be. Blasphemy!

Zulu happened after he beat Cro Cop. He had cleared out the division. Zulu was only guy on winning streak. Sure, Zulu and HMC did not have the greatest careers after Fedor beat them but they were still dangerous fights when he took them.

Stipe Miocic is not even HW top 3 all time.

HW GOAT does not lose to fucking Stefan Struve lol

Zulu happened after he beat Cro Cop. He had cleared out the division. Zulu was only guy on winning streak. Sure, Zulu and HMC did not have the greatest careers after Fedor beat them but they were still dangerous fights when he took them.

You clearly didn't even read the post you quoted. At this point all that's left for me is to make fun of you, but I'll refrain from that today.

<Fedor23>

Stipe is legit but like posters said above, a number of his wins were against slightly diminished versions of fighters. He needs some wins over relatively fresher guys like rothwell who he ducked, or dc, to balance out the hit list. I'd like to see him ko jones stiff but jones Dosent have the balls or punching power to go up to hw.

I feel like that whoever is holding the heavyweight belt is considered the GOAT by sherdoggers

UFC HW? mmmm i guess.

I still am just kinda hesitant though. I mean i think he great and everything but I'd like to see him against someone not over the hill.

Problem is its hw and no one is....

N'Gannou is our only hope. Unless they start signing Russians then Minakov, Goltsov, Pavlovitch and Shtyrkov are hopefuls too.

Obviously the GOAT conversation has to include prime Fedor.

So lets see what Fedor is working with. (5 UFC champions on his resume)

Fedor’s resume of top fighters he’s beat

Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Matt Lindland
Mark Hunt
Mark Coleman (twice)
Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (twice)
Kevin Randleman
Kazuyuki Fujita (in his prime)
Renato Sobral
Ricardo Arona

Some of these people declined through the years but Fedor fought them in their prime.

I left off several of the mid-tier people on his resume but were still very seasoned people such as Big Daddy etc...

So Stipe has 3 UFC champions on his record... & is certainly entering the discussion if he beats Cain. So there ya go... clear as mud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back