If Ronda Rousey finish career 16-12-2 or better

RR is an olympian who has competed at the highest levels. She took her skills to MMA and reigned supreme for a long time. The idea of Rousey dedicating herself to striking defence, and becoming proficient at it, is not a far fetched proposition.

The same work ethic and determination that made her a world great judoko, and then a highly successful wmma fighter, could no doubt drive her to become an even better version of her best wmma/fighting self.

On the flip side if she still has no wrestling or striking at this point of her career and being in the sport for so long it's very unlikely she becomes great or real good at either.If she was going to make big improvements where she's weak she probably would have already.Her striking instincts are horrible and she has no single or double.

Only fighters with perfect records should be legends. Only pussies lose fights.

I am no Rousey fan by any means, but I sincerely believe that if she dedicated a couple of years to closing the holes in her game, she could come back for a second reign.

Yeah she probably does have the mental attributes to do this, if she gets her head back on straight.

The first step would be finding better coaching though.

giphy.gif

The idea of Rousey dedicating herself to striking defence, and becoming proficient at it, is not a far fetched proposition.

The same work ethic and determination that made her a world great judoko, and then a highly successful wmma fighter, could no doubt drive her to become an even better version of her best wmma/fighting self.

She would still have problems with high level strikers. Take a high level striker with no wrestling or grappling experience, and a wrestler/grappler could take them down and submit them easy. Even if you give the striker months of training jiu jitsu and learning how to sprawl, it wont be effective against an olypian wrestler or BJJ Black Belt. Ronda can work on her striking all she wants, but she still wont be able to hang with people like cyborg, nunes, and Holm.

You mean 2

Naw the Nunes beating wasn't THAT surprising. Against Holly 90% thought Ronda would murk her. Holly then proceeded to dethrone the queen in spectacular fashion.

Two beatings, only 1 legendary one.

Naw the Nunes beating wasn't THAT surprising. Against Holly 90% thought Ronda would murk her. Holly then proceeded to dethrone the queen in spectacular fashion.

Two beatings, only 1 legendary one.
Yes true because of Holly's ground game. I gave Ronda about 60-70% winning. Nunes was 50/50 for me. Ronda's lay off, but Amanda's cardio. I think a lot were going with Nunes though. So maybe not a surprise, considering lack of stand up from Ronda and Nunes' power and stand up.

BJ Penn is by far the most overrated fighter of all time

will she be legend too?

No, beat a bunch of housewives and smaller fighters, ran to 135 to avoid Cyborg despite talking all kinds of shit about her.

Got knocked out, acted like a baby. Got ass kicked again, acted like a baby. Ran to WWE.

Not legend material.

I am no Rousey fan by any means, but I sincerely believe that if she dedicated a couple of years to closing the holes in her game, she could come back for a second reign.

There's no doubt, but she would have to leave Edmund, join someone who will push and drill her, and so on.

And it doesn't seem she has the hunger (heh) anymore, at all.

Ronda lacks the mental fortitude and self-honesty to improve. She trains at a place that pats her ass all day and tells her she's perfect. Her entire self-worth was based on being undefeated, and now that she's lost she doesn't even want to talk about fighting anymore.

will she be legend too?

She is a WMMA legend for what she did, which is bring WMMA into the mainstream. Mega Megu's legend is probably lost on some of the newer fans to the sport.

Quality over quantity.

Some think Holly's a bum but she did dethrone the almighty Rhonda "let me at Cain" Rousey. If Rhonda stays and keeps facing the best at wmma .... and wmma gets better then yeah she'd be a legend

Edit: to give credit where it's due, she still armbarred Tate twice and Zingano

Dana, being the boxing expert that he is, you would think during their pillow talk he would've told Ronda how atrocious her striking was.

She is a WMMA legend for what she did, which is bring WMMA into the mainstream. Mega Megu's legend is probably lost on some of the newer fans to the sport.

That was a great video

Back