If Pereira beat Jones

Pereira doesn't want to fight a wrestler, that's why he is calling for a rematch with jiri instead of a fight with ank. seems like he was bluffing when he called out ank about a month ago or so. IF he were to beat Jones it would be hard to not consider him an all time great. Beating the best ever in Jones would be a feather in his cap.

We all know of this fight was to happen Jones would just wrestle him same game plan vs Gane and let’s go down that alternative timeline. Let’s say Pereira KO’d Jones. How would you view Pereira and how would MMA as a whole view him? I think he beat Jones and Finishes him he’d be labeled one of the GOAT’s. Dana White would somehow still downplay him. Adesanya would post meme’s and remain salty.

Oh that's easy.

If Alex catches Jones with a knee on the way in sherdog will go on and on forever about how Jon was washed up and should've stayed retired.

I think he just doesn’t want to wait until October and why should Ank have a home arena advantage anyway? He’s not draw
Pereira doesn't want to fight a wrestler, that's why he is calling for a rematch with jiri instead of a fight with ank. seems like he was bluffing when he called out ank about a month ago or so. IF he were to beat Jones it would be hard to not consider him an all time great. Beating the best ever in Jones would be a feather in his cap.

Except one punch KO power and vastly superior striking
this is pretty plain to see.

the one thing in jones career that has ALWAYS given him problems is taller, rangier strikers (Santos, Reyes, Gus)

this is not debatable, these are the matches jones has had the most trouble with. However, One may argue Alex is a worse grappler than those 3

dude. jon jones would still be the GOAT easy. like 18 title fight wins > 4 title fight wins.

someone move this thread to the lightweights.
yeah but recency bias. also jones is the most hated athlete in the sport and for good reason. the wet dream of finally a stone faced killer being able to crack his chin gets the masses moist.

Jon hasnt fought for real in a long ass time. His speed and explosiveness aint the same. He couldnt take Santos or Reyes down and a few years passed. Gane fight was a joke by Gane.
Dont get me wrong: in a theory matchup, Prime Jones takes Poatan down at will and murders him, unless caught beforehand. It would be like 90% Jon 10%Poatan.

Now? Well, I dont believe Jon will take the fight. If he does.......... Honestly, 50/50. I think Poatan has a good chance at sleeping Jones.

If Alex won then even with a light ufc resume he's on that first level with GSP, Fedor, Khabib, MM, Bones..

Ank is never ready till October. Poatan wants a W before DDP vs Stylebender to prove a point. Someone gotta fill that space.

If Alex won then even with a light ufc resume he's on that first level with GSP, Fedor, Khabib, MM, Bones..
Khabib has 3 defenses and won the belt off of Ragging-L. It's an insult putting him up there alongside Top 5 All-time greats.

Jones is on the tail end of his career and just had a native injury. Idk if beating him at this point makes anyone GOAT anything.

Alex has done some very impressive things, but GOAT gets tossed around far too easy. Saw people claiming he was GOAT after the LHW title win, but compared to the other GOATs he's nowhere near having enough defenses.

this is pretty plain to see.

the one thing in jones career that has ALWAYS given him problems is taller, rangier strikers (Santos, Reyes, Gus)

this is not debatable, these are the matches jones has had the most trouble with. However, One may argue Alex is a worse grappler than those 3
Alex and Dominick both had very good defensive wrestling and Santos, while hobbling on one leg, had enough snap in his punches to keep Jones from taking any risks. Pereira better have the pop to KO a proper HW or be able to shrug off a 250lb wrestler multiple times. If he can do either, maybe he has a chance, but I don't see it.

Calling out a LHW kickboxer who made MW is Jones running from his HW belt responsibilities. Fight Aspinall, you damn pussy.
Ion
if he beat jones and took a third belt I would have a really hard time not putting him in the top 3 off all time. Short career, not an mma guy and manages to take three belts the last one being from the supposed ped cheat goat. he also didnt fight scrubs on his way up.

I personally feel like calling jones any kind of goat is just dana white koolaid. Jones resume is pretty shit to be honest. He almost lost to vitor reyes gus santos even chael if the fight got stopped cus of the ripped off toe. everyone he fought that had a name was wayyyy past their prime too. Jones is also handpicking a title fight with a completely inactive stipe and seems to be ducking any real challenge. im not even high on aspinal and the fat jones wont even look at the dude as far as a fight goes is very telling.

people are going to call me an mma hater, im just a dana white hater at this point, you can tell he manufactures certain fighters and gives them better fights easier roads, biggger names that have fallen off, aka, conor mcgregor, khabib. The only guy who actually fought the top ranked guys in their division was gsp and funny enough. dana keeps rating every welterweight champ above gsp now. so you can tell he only cares about his flavour of the month.

if poatan knocks out jones, hed have to easily be the ufc goat as far as accolaids and strength of schedule
Jones made a career of fighting boated middleweights. If that ref lets Chael go on Jones is losing that fight by a toe injury. That first Gus fight was heavily debated. Santos had no knee and arguably won against Jones we all know about the Reyes fight. He got a favorable matchup at Heavyweight in a fight where he looked extremely slow. I’ll be called a hater as well but we all know it’s Jon quack quack Jones. He’s avoiding Aspinall at all cost.

Let’s suppose Pereira defeats Ankalev, then moves up to heavyweight and beats Jon Jones. That would place him at 9-1 in the UFC, with six victories over champions or former champions, and he would become the first to secure titles in three different divisions. While his overall career might not surpass MMA legends like Fedor, GSP, or Silva, his achievements, especially considering his kickboxing career, would arguably make him the most accomplished athlete in combat sports history.

Beat Francis and jones ans would be labelled one of the goats?

Man you have harsh standards.

3 division champ, takes out fences and bones and he’s just one of the goats
It would be incredible if he did that but it’s so hard to weigh that against the longevity of guys like GSP, Silva, Jones and Fedor. Hell Jones still hasn’t lost via anything other than DQ and he’s been fighting (granted on and off as of late) for 16 years. One loss doesn’t erase that.

Back