If necktats beats Dillashaw, is he BW GOAT?

In few years he will be considered one of the greatest of all time

Cody is special

I knew he would beat Cruz. The guy has some of the best boxing in the UFC, has insane power, and has great wrestling too

Right now he's shown no weakness at all

You don't gain the accomplishments of the guy you beat by beating him. And that fight wasn't the blowout everyone remembers it as. I remember having it 48-46 with Cruz winning 1 and 5 and Cody getting a 10-8 in the 4th.

Cody needs to go on a run to surpass Cruz. I wouldn't be too surprised if he did it but I think his next fight is going to be his toughest.

You don't gain the accomplishments of the guy you beat by beating him. And that fight wasn't the blowout everyone remembers it as. I remember having it 48-46 with Cruz winning 1 and 5 and Cody getting a 10-8 in the 4th.

Cody needs to go on a run to surpass Cruz. I wouldn't be too surprised if he did it but I think his next fight is going to be his toughest.
Few of Dom's wins were the dominations his fans remember either. Cody beat Cruz far more clearly than Cruz beat Dillashaw, as a recent example.

Few of Dom's wins were the dominations his fans remember either. Cody beat Cruz far more clearly than Cruz beat Dillashaw, as a recent example.

I don't disagree with that and I thought TJ won tbh but beating the GOAT does not automatically mean you surpass him especially if you don't finish him and he wins 2 rounds.

Weidman isn't the MW GOAT and he finished Anderson twice and defended the title 3 times. That just isn't how it works

I seen a bunch of different scores given from people, like 47-47, 48-47, 48-46, 49-46, and 49-45. I think I had it 48-46 Cody.

Greatest ( singular ) Of All Time ( as in ever)

How many Goats are there ? The way you girls throw that term around is ridiculous. What exactly is wrong with " best guy around at the moment" ? Doesn't have the hyperbolic cache that kids like ...scratch that .....require these days? I blame overstimulated brains courtesy of overexposure to social media. Everything has to be " Amazing " or " Epic " . Good or even great just won't cut it anymore I suppose.

Somewhere along the way you all forgot how to to express yourselves like normal human beings.

Jones had to beat DC twice to be LHW GOAT. Cody will add another solid win on his resume, but he will still have to work very hard to surpass Cruz, however he has a lot of years left to do so. You can call him future GOAT contender if he beats T.J.

Jones had to beat DC twice to be LHW GOAT. Cody will add another solid win on his resume, but he will still have to work very hard to surpass Cruz, however he has a lot of years left to do so. You can call him future GOAT contender if he beats T.J.
Jones was lhw goat before he even fought DC

I seen a bunch of different scores given from people, like 47-47, 48-47, 48-46, 49-46, and 49-45. I think I had it 48-46 Cody.

I think that's the most reasonable score. Scoring it 47-47 is being pretty generous to Dom I don't think he won round 2 at all. And I think round 4 has to be a 10-8 personally but people can disagree.

I don't disagree with that and I thought TJ won tbh but beating the GOAT does not automatically mean you surpass him especially if you don't finish him and he wins 2 rounds.

Weidman isn't the MW GOAT and he finished Anderson twice and defended the title 3 times. That just isn't how it works

True, and I agree with the principle and with your example of Weidman.

Still, beating TJ and Cruz would be pretty impressive (if he in facts beats TJ). He'd still need to show some longevity, but damn, those are the two best scalps you can have at BW.

I think that's the most reasonable score. Scoring it 47-47 is being pretty generous to Dom I don't think he won round 2 at all. And I think round 4 has to be a 10-8 personally but people can disagree.
I haven't seen the fight since it happened but I think I had Dom losing the 1st and winning the 2nd. Same scorecard as yours pretty much just swap round 1 and 2. I'd have to rewatch though.

Jones was lhw goat before he even fought DC

People chirping he's the GOAT doesn't make it my opinion. That's all GOAT status is. To many, Cody will never be BW GOAT over Cruz. I think that discredits Cody's accomplishments, however.

People chirping he's the GOAT doesn't make it my opinion. That's all GOAT status is. To many, Cody will never be BW GOAT over Cruz. I think that discredits Cody's accomplishments, however.
Your opinion dictates the GOAT?

L. O. Fucking L

On paper jones has been lhw goat since at least 2013

Your opinion dictates the GOAT?

L. O. Fucking L

On paper jones has been lhw goat since at least 2013

I didn't say my opinion somehow objectively dictates his status as GOAT. My opinion is one vote of many. There were strong arguments in favor of him being GOAT after his first fight with DC but it wasn't as clear-cut or easy a victory as many people remember. Also, after the OSP fight, there seemed to be more questions than answers. Jones got the win, but it wasn't the same Jones we remember. His thrashing of DC in the rematch answered all of the questions. He's beaten everyone. Jones' next goal is undoubtedly GOAT in all of MMA, but there are a few who are going to be tough to top. But how does one objectively compare legacies from different eras? It could be argued that Jones is already the MMA GOAT. I'd like to see him compete at other weight classes or other contenders at LHW first, but it doesn't mean one can't reasonably argue he has already attained that status.

ADD: For clarification, GOAT status is subjective consensus.

I propose an outlaw of all GOAT talks until MMA is at least 50 years old.
l@nd0

No. He'd still only have two good wins. Cruz is GOAT until someone goes on a run like his.

The current GOAT (Cruz) cleared out the division, beating all the top contenders.
I think Cody has to do that do be considered the best ever--at least defend against 2 or 3 of the other top contenders, but he'd be well on his way.

Back