If mcgregor gets KTFOd in his boxing match, do you realize how long the lw division will be on hold

Connor Mcgregor... the only GOAT to never defend a belt in his life, who lost to a gatekeeper in Nate DIaz...

Eddies barely mediocre.

He TKO'd an RDA who had fainted for 3 minutes before the fight to win the belt. And he was losing up to that moment. AND he didn't even deserve that title shot in the first place.

This is Eddies UFC career before he fought for the belt:
Lost to Cowboy
Split decision vs Gilbert
Split decision vs Pettis

Both of those decisions could have easily gone to his opponents, especially the Gilbert fight. He didn't win any fight definitively until he won the belt. He couldn't do shit to Pettis either and that was against Pettis at his worst.

Before and after Eddie fought Pettis, RDA and Barboza both lit Pettis the fuck up. All Eddie could do was hold him against the cage the whole fight and pray that the judges give him the win.

Eddies just not very good.

And now he just had a close fight with Porier... Dustin Porier. He's just not that good. He got lucky as hell that he fought a severely depleted RDA.

PS: he was losing the RDA fight clearly until he caught him. RDA would tear him up in a rematch.

Well, Eddie was the champ and it was a title shot. He would have fought RDA had RDA not pulled out with an injury 2 weeks before the fight. How about Aldo? The undefeated in 9 years FW GOAT at the time?

cfa6b5d5dd37e319f338008f9408356f.jpeg

Aldo was never that good? Please elaborate.

Well, Eddie was the champ and it was a title shot. He would have fought RDA had RDA not pulled out with an injury 2 weeks before the fight. How about Aldo? The undefeated in 9 years FW GOAT at the time?

IMO, Aldo was Conor's only real top fighter. And he did pass that test with flying colors, but he hasn't fought any true elite fighters after that. Nate has like 10 losses and Eddie has a pretty weak record as well.

Mendes is an elite fighter, but that was on 2 weeks notice for him.

If he had fought RDA for the belt and won, I would have nothing to say. Also, if he comes back and beats Ferguson/Khabib for the LW belt and Max for the FW belt, I will have nothing to say either.

IMO, Aldo was Conor's only real top fighter. And he did pass that test with flying colors, but he hasn't fought any true elite fighters after that. Nate has like 10 losses and Eddie has a pretty weak record as well.

Mendes is an elite fighter, but that was on 2 weeks notice for him.

If he had fought RDA for the belt and won, I would have nothing to say. Also, if he comes back and beats Ferguson/Khabib for the LW belt and Max for the FW belt, I will have nothing to say either.

We will just have to disagree about Nate because I think he is top tier at this point and would beat Ferguson and Lee. Mendes was short notice for Conor as well in the respect that he wasn't training to fight a wrestler. Just curious, who how many guys has Khabib fought that you would call a "top fighter?"

We will just have to disagree about Nate because I think he is top tier at this point and would beat Ferguson and Lee. Mendes was short notice for Conor as well in the respect that he wasn't training to fight a wrestler. Just curious, who how many guys has Khabib fought that you would call a "top fighter?"

RDA, and that was a complete domination. He thoroughly showed that he was a much better fighter than RDA, and after that fight RDA went on to dominate at LW.

Michael Johnson isn't quite a top fighter, but he is decent/dangerous and Khabib completely obliterated him. He beat MJ up way worse than Nate did. The thing about Khabib is, he hasn't beaten a LOT of top fighters, but he's also looked invincible throughout 23 fights bar that one shot MJ landed, who has very fast hands. That's a part of why I consider Khabib a top fighter.

You can't say the same about McGregor. He got finished by Nate and beat up by Mendes before the KO. Khabib has hardly been touched throughout his career.

Also, if he comes back and beats Ferguson/Khabib for the LW belt and Max for the FW belt, I will have nothing to say either.

100% agreed.
Just one measly defense against the top contender, that's all we're asking for.

He should've defended before fighting Mayweather, but well, can't blame him for not risking to lose the Mayweather fight and jumping on it when it's there.

Just strip him again. His titles were gifted and meaningless anyways.

It would be the best thing to strip him he can go back to picking his fights and hop scotching around troublesome fighters back the belt. Get it again if he can then walk away without defending, Conor has a phobia about fighting as a champion, it's different fighting as a champion than when you were fighting as a contender.

100% agreed.
Just one measly defense against the top contender, that's all we're asking for.

He should've defended before fighting Mayweather, but well, can't blame him for not risking to lose the Mayweather fight and jumping on it when it's there.

He should've fought Aldo before he ever rematched Nate, but he refuses to take any real risks.

RDA, and that was a complete domination. He thoroughly showed that he was a much better fighter than RDA, and after that fight RDA went on to dominate at LW.

Michael Johnson isn't quite a top fighter, but he is decent/dangerous and Khabib completely obliterated him. He beat MJ up way worse than Nate did. The thing about Khabib is, he hasn't beaten a LOT of top fighters, but he's also looked invincible throughout 23 fights bar that one shot MJ landed, who has very fast hands. That's a part of why I consider Khabib a top fighter.

You can't say the same about McGregor. He got finished by Nate and beat up by Mendes before the KO. Khabib has hardly been touched throughout his career.

This will highlight how easy it is to shoot holes in somebody's record. That was pre-strength and conditioning program RDA. That RDA was not the fighter that went on to dominate and was not the elite version of that fighter. It simply wasn't. It was more akin to the RDA that got KO'd by Jeremy Stephens. This is apparent not only in how he looked physically but in how he performed. So he's out.

Michael Johnson just got TKO'd by a march forward and wing punches zombie Gaethje. Johnson also got pieced up by Nate Diaz so that's another point for Conor's resume. So Johnson's out.

Really I don't see how Khabib's resume even compares. He has looked invincible against mediocre to low competition and the one guy that was in the upper range of the middle of the LW class rocked him on the feet and has zero take down defense to keep it there. Conor looked absolutely invincible against Aldo and Alvarez, who are better wins then anyone on Khabib's resume. Tibeau is probably the best win on Khabib's resume and he arguably lost that fight.

Exact same reason why Silva vs Weidman 2 happened and had to happen.

Few differences there. Silva is actually a draw and that fight made financial sense. He was also the consensus P4P GOAT of all time at that point and the fight was competitive up until Silva got KO'd clowning. Conor starched him and it clearly wasn't competitive enough to make an argument for a rematch. Regardless we all saw how the second Silva and Weidman fight went.

He should have fought the guy he just KO'd in 13 seconds? Why is that again?

Because he was undefeated for 10 years, held the belt for 6, and defended 9 times against the best FWs in the world.

That's a silly question anyway. Aldo deserved a rematch with Conor WAY more than Conor deserved one with Nate.

Nate choked Conor out in 2 rounds with only 2 weeks of training after vacation. Why the fuck did Conor deserve that rematch?

Few differences there. Silva is actually a draw and that fight made financial sense. He was also the consensus P4P GOAT of all time at that point and the fight was competitive up until Silva got KO'd clowning. Conor starched him and it clearly wasn't competitive enough to make an argument for a rematch. Regardless we all saw how the second Silva and Weidman fight went.

Why the fuck should I care if it makes financial sense? I'm not here to watch profits, I'm here to watch the best fight the best, lol.
Silva vs Weidman 1 wasn't competitive either, your arguments are flawed.
And how did Conor "deserve" the Diaz rematch?

And just because Silva vs Weidman 2 went in favor of Weidman, that means every rematch goes to the favor of the guy that won the first match? lol. Conor even proved that wrong.

There is no reason why Aldo shouldn't have gotten a rematch.

Because he was undefeated for 10 years, held the belt for 6, and defended 9 times against the best FWs in the world.

That's a silly question anyway. Aldo deserved a rematch with Conor WAY more than Conor deserved one with Nate.

Nate choked Conor out in 2 rounds with only 2 weeks of training after vacation. Why the fuck did Conor deserve that rematch?

Well that really isn't the argument. I'm not defending the validity of the Conor/Nate rematch from a "sport fairness" sense as the entire reason for the rematch was that their 1st fight sold the most PPVs in UFC history.

Aldo didn't deserve a rematch. He pulled out twice, delayed the fight months and months, got clowned in 13 seconds, and seemingly lost his mind after. Nobody is paying to see that again.

Back