If mcgregor gets KTFOd in his boxing match, do you realize how long the lw division will be on hold

He doesn't need the UFC or fighting to be in the spotlight. He'll want to stay out of the spotlight for a while anyways after Floyd embarrasses him.

People that win the jackpot lottery usually don't go back to work. Having to defend a belt is work. Work that he didn't even want to do before his newfound fortune. He gone!
im pretty confident that he will be back in the Octagon

Really the worst case scenario but he isn't getting flatlined. I could see a TKO happening in the later rounds if he is just getting outclassed but an outright KO I don't think is likely. Still a long lay off though.

Is it really a mess comparatively? At Middleweight you have a Welterweight who has never competed at Middleweight coming off a 4 year retirement contending for the title.

At Light heavyweight you have a champ who has fought once in the last 18 months who has now turned his attention to a retired Heavyweight WWE wrestler serving a steroid suspension.

Seems pretty much par for the course nowadays.

Yes, they all deserve to be judged. That doesn't mean we can't be judgemental individually.

They should've stripped him when he left MMA, and on his return give him the TS, like Jones. At least LW would be in movement and for Con it's same same. He'll get his money fight either way. Now we have Lee, fucking Lee, fight Tony and Khabib fight ..... Con maybe? Which would make the interim belt a joke, which it is anyway because there shouldn't be an interim if the champ isn't injured.

If he loses the boxing match ,- Dana will tell us he is 'obsessed' w/ a rematch ( just like he did with Nate ) ... and the cycle continues.......

If he gets KTFO he retires, so no issues with the lw title.

First he needs to wait for his medical suspension(could be very long) to clear then he needs to sign contracts. Multiple UFC heads have said he will return to MMA and i doubt dana will make him relinquish the title. So many guys are deserving of titleshots rightnow. Lightweight is a mess. SAD!

Bout tree fiddy

I think Mayweather will let Conor go the distance, and then they will talk about how awesome they are and compliment one another.
They are business partners not enemies and Mayweather appreciates McGregor helping him get one more huge payday without much risk even.

First he needs to wait for his medical suspension(could be very long) to clear then he needs to sign contracts. Multiple UFC heads have said he will return to MMA and i doubt dana will make him relinquish the title. So many guys are deserving of titleshots rightnow. Lightweight is a mess. SAD!

How many guys, besides Ferguson, are deserving?

Can't you guys just be happy this division still here the only reason 155 was even made into a division back in the day was because of Jens Pulver. And after that BJ Penn then they got rid of it for years.

Just be happy you can see these athletes compete because I know I am.

And as usual, your opinion means fuck all.

"Working their asses off" not being able to show up against each other for 3 fuckin years. Meanwhile Conor is taking the whole organization to places they could never get on their own.

All you fuckin haters are the people who kept calling Ali "Cassius Clay", and history will show that.

At least one guy seems to agree with you:

Don't worry, Joe Duffy will beat him again for the title!!!

WAR DUFFY!!!

He should just retire and move to Mongolia. I hear it's beautiful.

It's okay, that's what an interim champ is for. The interim champ can also defend that belt, so nothing has to be held up.

Did he not KO both champions in impressive fashion???? I rest my case...Whether or not you think he was gifted a title shot, which is bullshit, it doesn't matter...cause he won...when you beat the champion, you become the best in that division...and anyone who thinks he was gifted a title shot against aldo, after beating holloway, and mendes, who was ranked 2 in the world, you are beyond stupid...

Except he got gifted a title shot after beating Dennis Siver you cock...

Starching the FW GOAT in 13 seconds and making Eddie Alvarez look like an amateur were "gifts."

Eddies barely mediocre.

He TKO'd an RDA who had fainted for 3 minutes before the fight to win the belt. And he was losing up to that moment. AND he didn't even deserve that title shot in the first place.

This is Eddies UFC career before he fought for the belt:
Lost to Cowboy
Split decision vs Gilbert
Split decision vs Pettis

Both of those decisions could have easily gone to his opponents, especially the Gilbert fight. He didn't win any fight definitively until he won the belt. He couldn't do shit to Pettis either and that was against Pettis at his worst.

Before and after Eddie fought Pettis, RDA and Barboza both lit Pettis the fuck up. All Eddie could do was hold him against the cage the whole fight and pray that the judges give him the win.

Eddies just not very good.

And now he just had a close fight with Porier... Dustin Porier. He's just not that good. He got lucky as hell that he fought a severely depleted RDA.

PS: he was losing the RDA fight clearly until he caught him. RDA would tear him up in a rematch.

Last edited:
If he loses the boxing match ,- Dana will tell us he is 'obsessed' w/ a rematch ( just like he did with Nate ) ... and the cycle continues.......

When he loses it'll be in embarrassing fashion and no one will want to see a rematch...

it doesn't matter...cause he won...when you beat the champion, you become the best in that division

No, considering the fact that title shots are not given to the most deserving fighter, beating the champ does not necessarily make you the best, though ideally it would.

Back