If Khabib fights, will he destroy Barboza?

Khabib shmabib. If he doesn't make this fight I'll totally forget about him.

He's either going to ragdoll him and potentially TKO him in the later rounds, or get knocked the fuck out while closing the distance

Tough fight for both guys since stylistically they're completely different

Unless Barboza developed an iron chin and incredible TDD, I don't see him winning. Should be a dominant fight for Habeeb.

Barboza's tdd is pretty good but for the most part he's been defending them against strikers who throw in td attempt in just to switch things up. The three best wrestlers he's faced Castillo, Johnson and Varner all took him down at least once.

Just for comparison Michael Johnson's tdd was 84% before Khabib and barboza's is currently 86%.

Khaibib will maul barboza quick 2 rounds max. Barboza has no bottom game and little toughness to survive when things not going his way.

UFC was dumb AF to book this fight. Way to ruin an exciting striker. Shoulda been alvarez. and khabib vs Geathje who can actully stuff TDs and wrestle and be competitive.

Barboza has about the first 60 seconds of each round to land a big shot, otherwise he's down and being pummeled rest of the round. I'd give Edson about a 1/10 chance of winning this fight.

Kabob murders any LW if he can make it to the cage

Khaibib will maul barboza quick 2 rounds max. Barboza has no bottom game and little toughness to survive when things not going his way.

UFC was dumb AF to book this fight. Way to ruin an exciting striker. Shoulda been alvarez. and Geathje vs Khabib who can actully stuff TDs and wrestle.
Fuck, Gaethje vs Khabib would be fucking awesome. Not sure we see it anytime soon tho. i assume if khabib wins against edson, he'll wait for a title shot.

ko-barboza-dariush.gif

praying-gif-24.gif

Does Barboza use his best weapon here in the leg kick?
Recipe to give up TDs to the best but also could be the kryptonite if he can succesfully connect and avoid getting taken down.

If Khabib cant answer or defend the leg kick and Barboza starts to get those off its gonna be a long night for Khabib. Outside of that happening I see Khabib actually landing strikes and hitting TDs from clinch.

I'm calling a Barboza win; knock out by jumping knee.

The sad part is that Khabib COULD destroy the entire LW division.

But will he even make it into the cage? What detrimental effect will there be on him making that torturous cut to LW?

We'll see if he's fixed his weight issues. I imagine that Barboza picks him apart from distance to a UD.

If he takes him down early and keep him there he'll break Barbosa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back