If Khabib fights, will he destroy Barboza?

Khabib does not really do doubles and singles he body locks and throws and trips. Knees wont help.
I agree that double and single leg takedowns aren't his best or even go to takedowns, they're still a pretty big part of his arsenal. His trips and throws are MUCH better than his pure wrestling, thanks to his study of traditional martial arts like Sambo and Judo.

But still, Khabib still does shoot for traditional takedowns, which is going to get him into trouble. Unless he just completely forgets about them and implements a clinch heavy game plan. Either way, this is going to be one sided for one of them. (or a very, very boring fight.)

Im going for a UD for Khabib and maybe Barboza takes a round.

I love both fighters but this fight is a blowout with khabib finishing Barboza via submission in the second round.

I don't know why people make it seem like Khabib's wrestling is infallible. He's been stuffed many times before, even Darell Horcher stopped Khabib once or twice! He's obviously an amazing wrestler(Khabib) but enough of this "if he grabs you it's over" nonsense.
He's a chain wrestler. A failed TD is just a set up for a throw/trip/slam. That's why he's so dangerous. Once he grabs you, your entire focus is on staying up. If you stuff him, he drives you to the cage and locks in a throw or trip. If you don't get away after stuffing him, he locks a body lock and slams you.

That is why people hold his grappling in such high regard. His top control is impeccable and he blends judo, wrestling, and sambo together extremely well.

Edson's kicking heavy style only opens up more opportunities to secure a TD. The fight could go either way but Khabib does have a strong stylistic advantage here.

Back