If Fedor fought in the UFC instead of Pride

Saying Fedor fought in Pride solely to fight the best completely ignores how many cans he fought there too. If his goal was top competition he’d have been only fighting top fighters across various orgs, wherever and however.

He (largely) stayed in Pride because they paid him a fuck ton to fight whoever whenever.

I appreciate your point, but if you look at it realistically... a fighter picks an organization and tries to compete at the highest level of that org. They generally don't float about between orgs (... at least certainly not back in those days!). And most reasonable level-headed fans will appreciate that the talent level at Pride far outweighed the talent level in UFC at that point in time. So yes, Fedor did fight a lot of cans - no one denies that, but it's not as if that would've been any different had he fought at UFC. If anything the general standard of opponents at UFC would've been lower, Pride 'cans' included.

I just don't buy your suggestion that his main motivation was pay. I can imagine Fedor was offered some eye-watering sums to fight at UFC... especially after Pride's demise! Do you really think the UFC would fail to match (or better) Strikeforce's pay offer when it comes to the world's most notorious Heavyweight mixed martial artist. I'm pretty fucking sure they would offer more than EliteXC at the very least!

If your argument related to Fedor's contractual commitments to M1 and the constrictive nature of that agreement, I could get on board with that... but suggesting he stayed in Pride for the luxury of pay regardless of merit/achievement I think is quite short sighted.

There he is...

And Anderson Silva’s record in Pride, back when he was that intimidating roiding skinny twig, is miserable.

Then he did very well in the UFC when he stopped roiding!

I think you’re onto something.
Seriously, read more, watch more fights, and just stop posting.

Or you can respond and broadcast how hopeless and stubborn you are!
Andersons record in pride is irrelevant because pride did not test for steroids. You can make presumptions like Andy getting better after pride means he wasn't juicing or Fedor was juicing because he got much worse after pride but it doesn't really matter. What does matter is the fact that pride did not test for steroids and can only be compared to other orgs that do not test. Sorry but your logic is weak

Because pride didn't test it 100% means that the fights can't be compared to orgs that tested. Are you on crack? And educate yourself on trt. There is a very big difference between trt and abusing steroids.
Pro tip: The UFC didn't beginning testing fighters at all until 2002. It didn't beginning testing fighters that weren't main event fighters until 2006.
PRIDE folded in 2007.

So that means that the UFC tested almost as few fighters as PRIDE did when both organizations were active. PRIDE was just more honest about it's lack of drug testing.

And lol at the steroids argument; UFC was juicing to the tits back then as well.
latest

Clean as a whistle bro.

And was beating the likes of Justin Eilers, Paul Bunetello and Jeff Monson would you have respected him more?

If Fedor would have been a UFC staple he would have started losing around the time the Pride guys were coming over. Guys like JDS, Carwin, Brock, and Cain could have been a rough night for him. Then Once the Strikeforce guys came he would end up having a spotty record like the rest of the old HW's.

He also isn't as effective as a fighter in a cage as he can't cut the angles the same, but I still feel he would have dominated the 2002-2006 UFC HW division.

Just because pride didn't test didn't mean they were any less legit. That was within the rules of pride like trt in UFC.

Yeah no one abused TRT. Also if it's within the rules that you can roid, that means you could roid. Doesn't take any credibility from the organization.
They are definitely legit compared to other orgs that don't test. I'm not against steroids but you can't compare fighters that were tested and ones that weren't. You can't possibly say it's the same thing.

when fedor fought MW hendo he ended up face down ass up...

just imagine what todays HW would do to him?

i think fedor would beat brock though easy, same with couture. He owned mir despite fedor being crap today.

Because pride didn't test it 100% means that the fights can't be compared to orgs that tested. Are you on crack? And educate yourself on trt. There is a very big difference between trt and abusing steroids.

In UFC, TRT was used basically to give steroids legally.

UFC had selected fighters which would be on it (mostly Americans of course, like Griffin, Bonnar, Sonnen, Hendo....), even if they were in their 20s, while Lorenzo Fertitta (you know, former UFC's CEO) was also the NSAC commisioner.

And USADA's bending rules from the start as well. UFC is a bad joke in comparison to PRIDE.

Pro tip: The UFC didn't beginning testing fighters at all until 2002. It didn't beginning testing fighters that weren't main event fighters until 2006.
PRIDE folded in 2007.

So that means that the UFC tested almost as few fighters as PRIDE did when both organizations were active. PRIDE was just more honest about it's lack of drug testing.

latest

Clean as a whistle bro.
Yep it's a complicated issue. UFC fighters from back then also can't be compared to the fighters of today. But back then, fighters had no idea if they were going to get tested. If they were going to cheat, they had to plan their cycles and be clean for fight time. Big difference to fighters that were able to take steroids the day of the fight. Not to mention pride had different rules and was run by mafia and had fixed fights. Too many differences and presumptions to compare.

We all know that PRIDE had much better HW division than UFC at the time.

He would’ve bulldozed through the ufc for a decade

Lol no.

He's a year older than Brock, Barnett, and Werdum and is younger than Carwin.

His Pride debut was Jun 2002. Within 6 years of making that debut in the UFC, he'd have the 4 guys mentioned above as well as Cain and JDS.

All except Barnett would be favored.

Yep it's a complicated issue. UFC fighters from back then also can't be compared to the fighters of today. But back then, fighters had no idea if they were going to get tested. If they were going to cheat, they had to plan their cycles and be clean for fight time. Big difference to fighters that were able to take steroids the day of the fight. Not to mention pride had different rules and was run by mafia and had fixed fights. Too many differences and presumptions to compare.

You just can't stop looking like an idiot, can you?

UFC had fixed fights as well. Also Ferttita family are mafia from Sicily.

In UFC, TRT was used basically to give steroids legally.

UFC had selected fighters which would be on it (mostly Americans of course, like Griffin, Bonnar, Sonnen, Hendo....), even if they were in their 20s, while Lorenzo Fertitta (you know, former UFC's CEO) was also the NSAC commisioner.

And USADA's bending rules from the start as well. UFC is a bad joke in comparison to PRIDE.
I think you might want to read up on trt. Fighters were only allowed to have testosterone levels like a normal person. If the trt user abused the system then they were cheating just like a cheater that didn't use trt. Only they were far more likely to get caught because they were tested often.

I'd say the fixed fights is more of threat to prides credibility than steroids because every org of the time was using roids in some form. As someone said pride folded in 2007 and UFC didn't get serious with testing until 2006 with the athletic commission. Takada vs Coleman or when the Yakuza offered rampage to take a dive against sakuraba. But the judging criteria was better, judging fight as a whole, 4 point attacks etc.

virtually identical
Screen-Shot-2018-05-18-at-5.57.05-PM.png

compared to the ufc's early stringent testing:
thumbnail_crop.php

You just can't stop looking like an idiot, can you?

UFC had fixed fights as well. Also Ferttita family are mafia from Sicily.
To look like an idiot to a fool is a compliment and I'll take it as such. You are just presuming the UFC had fixed fights. There is no evidence of this unlike pride.

And was beating the likes of Justin Eilers, Paul Bunetello and Jeff Monson would you have respected him more?

Other than Mirko and Nog, I favor all 3 of those over anyone he fought in Pride.

virtually identical
Screen-Shot-2018-05-18-at-5.57.05-PM.png
If you don't remember, when Vitor was on trt and juicing on top of that, he fought mostly in Brazil. This was how he was able to cheat. Just like any other fighter fighting in Brazil at the time who wasn't on trt. The Trt was irrelevant and didn't give fighters a free pass to juice.

Back