If Cormier beats Stipe he is the GOAT no question

He's a near 40 year old who's competed at the highest level for over 2 decades, and is still faster, stronger, and has better cardio than guys over a decade younger than himself, let alone how well he looks compared to people his own age. And he has had decently competitive fights against a guy Sherdog insists literally sweats roids he's so roided, who also is one of those guys a decade younger than himself and who has every single physical advantage possible.

Wake up. Fat people take PEDs too.

Yea, DC wrestled at the Olympics, that's almost all I really need to know. He comes from a world infested with PED's. The guy is still a tank.

bgus-965137-003-480w.jpg

It baffles me that so many guys still consider Jones' victory over DC legit, as a proof that he is somehow better than DC.
Yeah, like PED's don't matter. Tell that to TRTor.

Jones kicked TRTor's ass too and DC is 19-1, that first loss is still a legit loss on his record. The KO loss he put on DC is just gravy for us Jones fans.

Lol no

Shogun still has better wins than him at LHW, as well as Jones, he isn’t in the goat conversation and never will be

If DC beats Miocic it just show the baddest men on the planet are the LHWs.

I don't know why I still try and defend fighters on Sherdog...but here I go again.
Until DC admits he was on steroids...the Bones fights mean nothing.
DC ironically acknowledges his losses even though they're sketchy.
He even wanted to fight Jones after the positive test.
DC has never been the problem in the Jones feud.
Til this day I don't know who the better man really is.
I'm hoping DC takes the HW belt and puts Jones behind him.

<36>

He's going to be the most overrated fighter ever, no question.

-He's a paper LHW champion. Say what you want about Jones being on roids, but the fights weren't even close. He lost 4 rounds to 1 in the first fight and he was losing the rematch before getting KO'd in the 3rd round. The skill gap was just too big to fully blame roids.

It's like saying Shogun would have beaten a clean Jon Jones. Juice or not, that version of Shogun was never beating Jones. They were on different levels at the time. It doesn't matter how much Josh Barnett juiced, he was never beating CroCop. Roids cannot erase such a big gap of skill. DC and Jones aren't even close.

-LHW is weak as hell. Cormier's best LHW win is Crumble, whose best win is Gustafsson, whose best win is an over the hill Shogun.

-Cormier has a terrible striking defense

Doesn't defend leg kicks
vwcVpk9.gif

oo4fyUy.gif

cormier4.gif

Doesn't defend body kicks

giphy.gif

TastyAnimatedInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

Doesn't defend knees

sGpFwmv.gif

QualifiedBlindAfricanjacana.gif

He has a horrible tendency to duck below the waist, which is how Jones caught him:

Hasty_Decimal_Egg_max_1mb.gif

Rumble_DC_3.gif

tumblr_otw11q0_WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

He also has a sloppy ground game and for a decorated wrestler, his TDD isn't that great either. His skills are not GOAT material.

-Miocic is one of the weakest #1 HW's in history. He's beating mostly past prime fighters. Also sloppy:

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

struve-vs-miocic-o.gif

Sorry, but DC isn't GOAT material. If someone like DC was considered the greatest ever, the entire sport would lose it's value.

<DCrying>

Bravo to you!

I made a thread about how DC just takes punishment and grinds on people.

Yours is way better,

DC in even the GOAT 5 discussion is laughable

Man I don't quite understand the psychology behind trying to crown a GOAT this early in the sports history

I don't know why I still try and defend fighters on Sherdog...but here I go again.
Until DC admits he was on steroids...the Bones fights mean nothing.
DC ironically acknowledges his losses even though they're sketchy.
He even wanted to fight Jones after the positive test.
DC has never been the problem in the Jones feud.
Til this day I don't know who the better man really is.
I'm hoping DC takes the HW belt and puts Jones behind him.
Till DC admits he was on steroids?

Fishy

What I'm saying is.. unless DC comes out and says he was on steroids when fighting Jon,
DC is the better fighter.
Ok...I understand but honestly man, we don’t really know who is clean or not these days.

Nope.

Vitor was almost certainly abusing TRT and who knows what else. He looked more jacked and more explosive than ever before. That's not comparable to Jones testing positive for a seemingly low amout or turinabol.

Still with steroids Vitor lost a good amount of fights, didn't he?

Roids do make a difference, but I don't think they eliminate gigantic gaps of skill. No amount of roids would've made Tim Sylvia beat Fedor, or Barnett beat DC, or Brock Lesnar beat Cain. Roids could definitely be a decisive factor when the skill gap is closer. I could buy that roids were a decisive factor when Jones beat Gus. But DC? nah. They weren't even close, in either fight.

Cheers.
<41>

Apparently all champions are sloppy to you. Nice to know. I'm glad you wasted this much time on a shitpost only to get a couple of likes.

Triggered ^

Not all champions are sloppy, but DC clearly is.

He eats kicks and knees like Popeye's chicken.

Not that I don't think Cormier is a great fighter, but I don't think accomplishments outside a division should have any bearing on whether or not you're the GOAT of that division. If you look objectively at Cormier's LHW career, he's only been fighting the top LHW's for two years (Silva was his only fight in 2016).

Cummins was 4-0 at the time of their fight.
Henderson was 1-3 in his last 4, and weighed 196 lbs.

Cormier submitted Johnson twice, had a split decision win over Gustafsson, and finished Oezdemir by TKO. Should that make Cormier the LHW GOAT even if you disqualify Jones from the discussion? Personally, I don't think Cormier has done enough at LHW.

If we're disqualifying fighters from GOAT discussions if they used PEDs (Jones, Wanderlei), then the current GOAT at LHW is probably Chuck Liddell, which speaks to how weak the division has become.

LHW is garbage. Outside of Jones and DC there really aren't any great fighters.

Gus had about one top 5 career win and that was against a washed up Shogun.
Crumble's best win is Gustafsson (read above)
Henderson was washed up.
Odezmir is low tier, so is Cummins

That's a very underwhelming resume for a so called LHW GOAT.

Back