If Cormier beats Stipe he is the GOAT no question

<36>

He's going to be the most overrated fighter ever, no question.

-He's a paper LHW champion. Say what you want about Jones being on roids, but the fights weren't even close. He lost 4 rounds to 1 in the first fight and he was losing the rematch before getting KO'd in the 3rd round. The skill gap was just too big to fully blame roids.

It's like saying Shogun would have beaten a clean Jon Jones. Juice or not, that version of Shogun was never beating Jones. They were on different levels at the time. It doesn't matter how much Josh Barnett juiced, he was never beating CroCop. Roids cannot erase such a big gap of skill. DC and Jones aren't even close.

-LHW is weak as hell. Cormier's best LHW win is Crumble, whose best win is Gustafsson, whose best win is an over the hill Shogun.

-Cormier has a terrible striking defense

Doesn't defend leg kicks
vwcVpk9.gif

oo4fyUy.gif

cormier4.gif

Doesn't defend body kicks

giphy.gif

TastyAnimatedInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

Doesn't defend knees

sGpFwmv.gif

QualifiedBlindAfricanjacana.gif

He has a horrible tendency to duck below the waist, which is how Jones caught him:

Hasty_Decimal_Egg_max_1mb.gif

Rumble_DC_3.gif

tumblr_otw11q0_WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

He also has a sloppy ground game and for a decorated wrestler, his TDD isn't that great either. His skills are not GOAT material.

-Miocic is one of the weakest #1 HW's in history. He's beating mostly past prime fighters. Also sloppy:

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

struve-vs-miocic-o.gif

Sorry, but DC isn't GOAT material. If someone like DC was considered the greatest ever, the entire sport would lose it's value.

<DCrying>

Apparently all champions are sloppy to you. Nice to know. I'm glad you wasted this much time on a shitpost only to get a couple of likes.

I love Cormier, but there is no way you can have him in the top tier of GOAT discussion. Second tier for sure (so top 10), but he's not up there with the Jones/GSP/Anderson/Fedor's.

I would have Cormier probably 9 or 10 right now, a win over Stipe probably bumps him up to 7 or 8.

If the stars aligned he will go up and beat Stipe, and then go back down to beat the snot out of bones. Then ride off into the sunset.....

jon jones is a cheating bum. he never beat anyone legitimately.

I wonder how long the haters can try to fool themselves untill it no longer works on even the most deluded ones. Dark days ahead for them.

This dude was on tv crying after he got his ass beat (again) .casuals were coming up to me at work saying "did you see that crying mma fighter"
They must have been referring to this guy

<mma1>

Every DC win makes Bones even greater
Every failed drug test vs DC makes DC greater, as Jones knew he had to cheat to make it competitive versus the 40 year old, much shorter, fatter and less physically gifted DC.

undisputed GOAT at LHW, he beats the second best HW of all time he has to be no. 1 of all time.

<36>

He's going to be the most overrated fighter ever, no question.

-He's a paper LHW champion. Say what you want about Jones being on roids, but the fights weren't even close. He lost 4 rounds to 1 in the first fight and he was losing the rematch before getting KO'd in the 3rd round. The skill gap was just too big to fully blame roids.

It's like saying Shogun would have beaten a clean Jon Jones. Juice or not, that version of Shogun was never beating Jones. They were on different levels at the time. It doesn't matter how much Josh Barnett juiced, he was never beating CroCop. Roids cannot erase such a big gap of skill. DC and Jones aren't even close.

-LHW is weak as hell. Cormier's best LHW win is Crumble, whose best win is Gustafsson, whose best win is an over the hill Shogun.

-Cormier has a terrible striking defense

Doesn't defend leg kicks
vwcVpk9.gif

oo4fyUy.gif

cormier4.gif

Doesn't defend body kicks

giphy.gif

TastyAnimatedInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

Doesn't defend knees

sGpFwmv.gif

QualifiedBlindAfricanjacana.gif

He has a horrible tendency to duck below the waist, which is how Jones caught him:

Hasty_Decimal_Egg_max_1mb.gif

Rumble_DC_3.gif

tumblr_otw11q0_WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

He also has a sloppy ground game and for a decorated wrestler, his TDD isn't that great either. His skills are not GOAT material.

-Miocic is one of the weakest #1 HW's in history. He's beating mostly past prime fighters. Also sloppy:

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

struve-vs-miocic-o.gif

Sorry, but DC isn't GOAT material. If someone like DC was considered the greatest ever, the entire sport would lose it's value.

<DCrying>

He lost 2 times to Jon Jones (unofficially 3 times if you include the press conference brawl), who still also has a much better resume.

So no.

And that's without even getting into the fact that others GOAT contenders again have much stronger resumes too. Let me know when DC has 8+ title defences instead of 3.

He is definitely a top 10 goat at LHW. At HW, he needs a few more good win to be a top 10 goat.

Cornmeal hasn't beaten anyone impressive. He's no where near being the goat even if he beats Stipe.

It’s tough because there is one guy that has beat him twice.

But dayum, if he beats Stipe that’s a hella of a career.

sorry, but no.

It baffles me that so many guys still consider Jones' victory over DC legit, as a proof that he is somehow better than DC.
Yeah, like PED's don't matter. Tell that to TRTor.

I am the biggest DC fan there is, but I'll be the first to admit he isn't GOAT skillwise.

He is however the GOAT when it comes to beating anyone you put in front of him. He will 100% beat Stipe.

Use to think GSP was GOAT skillwise but leaning more and more towards DJ.

DC is great but I dunno for some reason he isn't epic enough.
Not that I don't think Cormier is a great fighter, but I don't think accomplishments outside a division should have any bearing on whether or not you're the GOAT of that division. If you look objectively at Cormier's LHW career, he's only been fighting the top LHW's for two years (Silva was his only fight in 2016).

Cummins was 4-0 at the time of their fight.
Henderson was 1-3 in his last 4, and weighed 196 lbs.

Cormier submitted Johnson twice, had a split decision win over Gustafsson, and finished Oezdemir by TKO. Should that make Cormier the LHW GOAT even if you disqualify Jones from the discussion? Personally, I don't think Cormier has done enough at LHW.

If we're disqualifying fighters from GOAT discussions if they used PEDs (Jones, Wanderlei), then the current GOAT at LHW is probably Chuck Liddell, which speaks to how weak the division has become.

Not that I don't think Cormier is a great fighter, but I don't think accomplishments outside a division should have any bearing on whether or not you're the GOAT of that division. If you look objectively at Cormier's LHW career, he's only been fighting the top LHW's for two years (Silva was his only fight in 2016).

Cormier submitted Johnson twice, had a split decision win over Gustafsson, and finished Oezdemir by TKO. Should that make Cormier the LHW GOAT even if you disqualify Jones from the discussion? Personally, I don't think Cormier has done enough at LHW.

If we're disqualifying fighters from GOAT discussions if they used PEDs (Jones, Wanderlei), then the current GOAT at LHW is probably Chuck Liddell, which speaks to how weak the division has become.
I believe when DC is done his only "loss" will be to a coked out roid head.

People will realise what I did before he ever won the Strikeforce tournament. He is GOAT

Salty hater. I don’t even like JBJ personality at all, but, he’s a better MMA fighter than DC. It’s been proven 2x.
I'll even be fair to DC and say that losing to somebody twice doesn't mean the other guy is better overall. Matt Hughes lost to Dennis Hallman twice in the same fashion, yet Hallman isn't even in the same league overall. But DC just flat out hasn't shown dominance over other fighters like Jones has.

He lost 2 times to Jon Jones (unofficially 3 times if you include the press conference brawl), who still also has a much better resume.

So no.

And that's without even getting into the fact that others GOAT contenders again have much stronger resumes too. Let me know when DC has 8+ title defences instead of 3.
Jon Jones is a steroid using, eye poking cheat and shouldn't even be brought up in this conversation.

I'm not opposed to it :p DC is a beast and if he wins he has a pretty good claim, Jon Jones should be erased from the history books lol

I don't know if it would be Chuck.
There are some others that could be named (Randy, Tito, 'page, Rua, lil'Nog)...
he is definitely "up there", but let us not forget that LHW has always been historically deep in talent while right now it has been shallow as hell for some time now.

But overall, well said.

He would have to beat Stipe and win a rematch with Jones to get into the GOAT conversation. If he beat a clean Jones at almost 40, I would have no doubt that he would have beat a clean Jones in his mid 30's, and I would have no doubt that he's the best LHW ever. It really is a shame that we probably will never see that and even if we do, DC is past prime now, so if Jones won it still would leave unanswered questions. I absolutely believe Jones has cheated in every big fight of his career. You can see a clear difference in his performance when he's not on jet fuel.

What GSP did to so many great fighters from 2 different eras is pretty hard to beat IMO. I have him as clearly being the Goat. Anderson's run was very impressive, but I don't think his competition was as good as GSPs. Fedor had a good run, but he also suffers from lack of competition, and the way he became mortal almost overnight when he really wasn't that old hurts him IMO.

Jones and DC will always be tied together IMO. For that reason, I don't believe either of them will ever be considered the GOAT. Jones would have to come back and beat DC and Gus again at LHW, followed by a run at HW without popping to be the Goat for me. I just don't think he can do it clean, and even if he did, I would question it. Fighters that piss hot are like chicks that cheat on you. All you will ever remember about them is that. You forget about all the good times.

Last edited:
Just lol at the delusional Jones fans in here. The guy is a cheat. Not only does he not belong above Cormier, he doesn’t belong in the conversation at all.

That said, Cormier would maybe enter top 5 with an impressive Stipe win. No way does he leap the likes of MM, GSP, and Aldo.

undisputed GOAT at LHW, he beats the second best HW of all time he has to be no. 1 of all time.
No just proves Jones is even more but puts D.C. at a solid #2 and setting up a heavy weight fight with Jones. If he beats Jon there id say he is.

Just lol at the delusional Jones fans in here. The guy is a cheat. Not only does he not belong above Cormier, he doesn’t belong in the conversation at all.

That said, Cormier would maybe enter top 5 with an impressive Stipe win. No way does he leap the likes of MM, GSP, and Aldo.
Lmfao at u putting mm on ur list.

How can he be GOAT when he’s lost to Jon 2x? It makes no sense considering JBJ still is fighting.
Exactly - needs to avenge - but mad props to DC - true warrior (tears included).

I'll even be fair to DC and say that losing to somebody twice doesn't mean the other guy is better overall. Matt Hughes lost to Dennis Hallman twice in the same fashion, yet Hallman isn't even in the same league overall. But DC just flat out hasn't shown dominance over other fighters like Jones has.

Fair and good point. Hallman was Hughes kryptonite for sure.

But you’re on point about DC not being as dominant over others. But, with that said, he’s fought like 5 guys at LHW. I guess BaristaBoy, Hendo and Anderson count but neither are top guys (Hendo and Anderson fighting at 205 vs this guy is laughable) count, but, he’s really only fought Rumble, Gus, and now Volkan aside from Jones.

Granted the wins are great and all, but he hasn’t fought many opponents. Hard to say a guy is the best ever when he’s fought like 5 diff guys at the weight class

Exactly - needs to avenge - but mad props to DC - true warrior (tears included).

No doubt, if he finishes Stipe, if he finishes JBJ, maybe we put him in contention but I still don’t think career wise he is the GOAT.

It’s basically been proven impossible to do what Fedor did, especially how he did.

It’s almost impossible to replicate the domination JBJ showed throughout his career.

Same with Anderson, how can you replicate what that man did?

And last but not least, it’s probably gonna be tough to ever face every top guy in your division and make them look like scrubs along the way like GSP did.

DC can maybe enter the convo but it’s going to be hard to top all of those guys, esp JBJ considering he has 2 losses to him.

How can he be GOAT when he’s lost to Jon 2x? It makes no sense considering JBJ still is fighting.

Still fighting?..did i miss something last i heard he was a cheat and facing a 4 year suspension..

Only thing he'll be fighting is the urge to jump infront of a bus once his sentence is read out..

Cormier will be goat of the heavy divisions as both of his loses come with * due to jones's extra circular activities and a win over the most dominate hw champion of the modern era..its a no brainer

Back