If Cormier beats Stipe he is the GOAT no question

hahahahaahahahahahhahahahaha (breath) ahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't know if it would be Chuck.
There are some others that could be named (Randy, Tito, 'page, Rua, lil'Nog)...
he is definitely "up there", but let us not forget that LHW has always been historically deep in talent while right now it has been shallow as hell for some time now.

But overall, well said.
Randy spent a lot of time at Heavyweight, and I don't believe that should be a factor when examining the Light Heavyweight GOAT. LHW Resume vs. LHW Resume, and I think Chuck has the best one.

Liddell defeated Randleman, Mezger, Bustamante, Belfort, Sobral (2x), Overeem, Ortiz (2x), Couture (2x), and Wanderlei (downslide).
Rampage defeated Randleman (downslide), Liddell (2x), Arona, Henderson, Wanderlei (downslide), Machida (split).
Ortiz defeated Wanderlei (young), Ken Shamrock (old), Belfort (split), Griffin (split).

No doubt, if he finishes Stipe, if he finishes JBJ, maybe we put him in contention but I still don’t think career wise he is the GOAT.

It’s basically been proven impossible to do what Fedor did, especially how he did.

It’s almost impossible to replicate the domination JBJ showed throughout his career.

Same with Anderson, how can you replicate what that man did?

And last but not least, it’s probably gonna be tough to ever face every top guy in your division and make them look like scrubs along the way like GSP did.

DC can maybe enter the convo but it’s going to be hard to top all of those guys, esp JBJ considering he has 2 losses to him.
Hard to disagree with solid points, but if DC goes out on top, he will be discussed and considered. I think people tend underrate what DC has accomplished.That will hurt his legacy more than those mentioned who were without a doubt standouts.

Still fighting?..did i miss something last i heard he was a cheat and facing a 4 year suspension..

Only thing he'll be fighting is the urge to jump infront of a bus once his sentence is read out..

Cormier will be goat of the heavy divisions as both of his loses come with * due to jones's extra circular activities and a win over the most dominate hw champion of the modern era..its a no brainer

Tainted supplements and he’ll be back by the end of the year, even the guys from the NSAC have been saying this for a while.

Cormier will not be the “GOAT” of the Heavy divisions with 1 victory over Stipe. He has a win over Barnett. And his win over Big foot. Nothing else at HW. That isn’t a “GOAT” resume.

You guys must not even watch the sport, just spout off nonsense on the boards and think you’re intelligent fans.

Hard to disagree with solid points, but if DC goes out on top, he will be discussed and considered. I think people tend underrate what DC has accomplished.That will hurt his legacy more than those mentioned who were without a doubt standouts.

Nah, I think he’s done a fantastic job but people are overhyping what he has done to no ends.

His run at HW was cool and all, but during that stretch, he faced 2 HWs that were worth a shit in Bigfoot and Barnett. Solid victories, but how on earth is that a resume for the “GOAT”? (Also, i say THE because there can only be one greatest of all time, there can’t be 10 of them because that contradicts the word greatest). If people are giving 40 year old Fedor shit for facing and beating Jeff Monson, DC should get no credit for beating him when he’s 10 years fresher. I guess the Mir fight? Which sucked. But cool add another name to the list for him if you want.

At LHW, he’s faced the same guys and several of his opponents either fight at 185 or are starbucks Baristas on their off time. Again, all of his wins are legit, he’s beat top level fighters in Rumble, Volkan (lol), and Gus. He still lost to JBJ 2x and was finished brutally in one. I don’t care about the PEDs, no PED is lifting your leg and smashing it into your opponents head to KO him.

DC is an amazing fighter, but I think his career in MMA is being vastly overrated. He’s fought at the top since he got into the UFC, so I give him his credit. He’s an amazing fighter, a great role model for young kids etc, but he’s not the best fighter in his division, let alone the entire MMA world and it’s history.

Also, i say THE because there can only be one greatest of all time, there can’t be 10 of them because that contradicts the word greatest
Then it is impossible to define unless the sport ends and we have no legacies being built.

I see GOAT as a ballpark kinda figure and many fall into that calculation. Its too intangible to really have a de facto call made (imo).

Unfortunately, he'll always be 2nd place to Jon Jones at LHW, no matter what anyone says.

I've come to the conclusion that Jones probably is guilty of trying to get an edge in that fight, but I also firmly believe that Jon Jones beats Daniel Cormier 10 out of 10 times.

If you wanna talk about total body of work, then sure he's definitely in the conversation.

Tainted supplements and he’ll be back by the end of the year, even the guys from the NSAC have been saying this for a while.

Cormier will not be the “GOAT” of the Heavy divisions with 1 victory over Stipe. He has a win over Barnett. And his win over Big foot. Nothing else at HW. That isn’t a “GOAT” resume.

You guys must not even watch the sport, just spout off nonsense on the boards and think you’re intelligent fans.

Your mistaken ..hes undefeated in the ufc hw division with wins over former hw champs , he started as a heavyweight learn your history and lmao at tainted supplements he used that last time your telling me thats going to be there defense again?.. come on 4 years bro..or 2 atleast..

But but bu your honour i mistakenly used a tainted supplment again..im innouncent i swear..bullshit..the guys a cheat go what the documentary the hurt business ..he literraly admits to poking people in the eyes on purpose ..hes a cheater..plain and simple

If cormier holds both belts and beats the most dominate hw champ in stipe hes the goat of the heavies..no1 else at this size has had dual titles at the same time..

If DC wins, watch Jon Jones get acquitted of everything and fight him for the title at HW.

Fedor fought in an org that didn't test for juice at all and is considered goat by many. Even when Fedor started fighting in legit orgs and started losing, his goat status remained. So if pride fights count towards goat then Jones fights should count too. Even if Jon starts losing, now that he'll most likely be fighting clean, his fights should still count, just to be fair.
Pride had an even playing field, whether Fedor indulged or not just imagine the monsters juiced to the gills he dispatched. A God.

Then it is impossible to define unless the sport ends and we have no legacies being built.

I see GOAT as a ballpark kinda figure and many fall into that calculation. Its too intangible to really have a de facto call made (imo).

yeah, I just always have a #1. But I guess that makes sense and is probably more logical to do.

I just gotten to the point im tired of people always trying to shit on guys who were clearly some of the best.

Your mistaken ..hes undefeated in the ufc hw division with wins over former hw champs , he started as a heavyweight learn your history and lmao at tainted supplements he used that last time your telling me thats going to be there defense again?.. come on 4 years bro..or 2 atleast..

But but bu your honour i mistakenly used a tainted supplment again..im innouncent i swear..bullshit..the guys a cheat go what the documentary the hurt business ..he literraly admits to poking people in the eyes on purpose ..hes a cheater..plain and simple

If cormier holds both belts and beats the most dominate hw champ in stipe hes the goat of the heavies..no1 else at this size has had dual titles at the same time..

his "win" over former champ is Mir. Long past Mir's expiration date, not to mention the fight sucked.

I've been watching Cormier long before you kid, so please, don't try and give me a history lesson with your 2017 account. His relevant wins at HW are Bigfoot and Barnett. Mir and Nelson aren't nor were at the time of the fight, considered top guys.

Also, nobody else "at this size" had dual titles because none of them were pussy enough to cut weight. They didn't need that edge bruh. They were KING(s) of the Heavies.

no he is not, he lost once to Jon Jones, second time it was NC

Hillarious how DC fans always make excuses for his losses to Jones . But DC himself even admits jon was the better fighter in both fights.

Yea DC recognizes the losses, both of them, and the first loss is still on his record, 19-1.

Sherdog Posters: Jon Jones can never be GOAT cause he's a fucking cheat & always has been.

Same Sherdog posters again: DC can never be GOAT no matter what he does cause of his losses to Jon Jones

{<huh}

Well first he has to actually beat Stipe. That is not gonna be easy for someone who gets hit as much as DC does. Stipe some has deadly pin point accurate punches. If he can do that he has a good case for being goat.

That said will he better then GSP? One thing that will always separate them will be GSP overcame adversity and came back. He sought redemption and revenge upon all those who beat him. Prevailed and overcame. And you can't really use the steroid excuse when talking about Goats because we all know GSP and Fedor fought some dudes who were roided to the gills as well. The Sherks, Alves's and the Serra's. They were all mini hulks back then. Serra even admits often on his podcast, Claims he would fail a Usada test before his pee even hits their container now.

There is only one thing DC can do to solidify his claim at greatest of all time. That is to fight and win against Jon Bones Jones. No excuses. No if's, but's, and's or or's about it. That will do it. That will put him on par with GSP. Until then the argument is futile. GSP takes it hands down without that win over Bones. .

Back