I would love to see Aspinall destroy Poatan

All these "mma fans" now crying to put a LHW against HW Jones, Tom, etc. may just be dogs upset that they weren't "handled" like Izzy's last love interest.
someone the other day was trying to say that poatan isn't that much smaller than aspinall, i wasn't buying it. would like to see a picture of the two of them standing side by side.

Lol at least Alex doesn't have a loss from getting injured in 5 seconds <lmao><lol>

Im 100% convinced Aspinall is just a UK hype job at this point like Till Dan Hardy and Bisping

Potatoman got slept by 185er Izzy. Aspinall is basically undefeated in the UFC, barring that ankle injury. Most of the guys that Aspinall has finished (i.e. Pav, Volkv, even Spivac) would send Potatoman to the morgue.

Kek. You Jones riders are praying that happens.
kitty-curious.gif

Naw I'm actually a Curtis Blaydes fan too. I know that might sound like a surprise but true story, I sported a Blaydes AV for the first few months I was on Sherdog.

Potatoman got slept by 185er Izzy. Aspinall is basically undefeated in the UFC, barring that ankle injury. Most of the guys that Aspinall has finished (i.e. Pav, Volkv, even Spivac) would send Potatoman to the morgue.

Spivac?! Ya you're trolling

Tom will be put to sleep if they fight.

we have a fast and talented HW
Poatan is the new 205 king

no need for that, Tom is too fast for Pereira

I mean if Tom had bad fight iq and decided to stand at trade with poatan, there is a decent chance he would lose. But Tom doesn’t come off to me as having bad fight iq so most likely he gets a hold of Alex and takes him down. Once on the ground Tom would have a massive advantage over poatan and I think he just gnp him to ref stoppage.

Nah. Aspinall tools Poatan everywhere.

You got it the wrong way around. Tom is way faster on the feet than anything Poatan is used to, which is insane when you factor in that he's 6'5 and 260lbs.

People also said Aspinall was fucked if he couldn't get Pavlovich down. It's about time people start recognising a generational talent when they see one. And as much as I like him, I'm not talking about Pereira.

Generational ? The HW division is a scrap Heap. Aspinall is not fighting Prime Velasquez, Cormier, and JDS type fighters. The problem is Sergei hurt and rocked Aspinall. It could have gone differently had Sergei actually had a brain and did not throw every swing at full force. I also question their grappling acumen at HW since Sergei is an actuall Greco Roman wrestler and Combat Sambo fighter since he was young and got out grappled by Overeem.

Blaydes was also landing on Aspinall with no problem in their match frequently. So much so that it suprised me, and Blaydes was dirsupting Aspinalls lateral movement. All it took to stop Aspinall from advancing, was to counter his foot work, then Aspinall began to dance around and hurt his knee.

Aspinall likes to move a lot and bounce around but gets touched regularly by mediocre strikers like Blaydes. Alex will and can hurt Aspinall and touch him up. Comparing the speed of the MW's and the LHW's to the HW;s is ridiculous, they are not the same. The LHW and MW's are much faster than the HW's and Aspinall has not fought at that speed, but Alex has.

Generational ? The HW division is a scrap Heap. Aspinall is not fighting Prime Velasquez, Cormier, and JDS type fighters. The problem is Sergei hurt and rocked Aspinall. It could have gone differently had Sergei actually had a brain and did not throw every swing at full force. I also question their grappling acumen at HW since Sergei is an actuall Greco Roman wrestler and Combat Sambo fighter since he was young and got out grappled by Overeem.

Blaydes was also landing on Aspinall with no problem in their match frequently. So much so that it suprised me, and Blaydes was dirsupting Aspinalls lateral movement. All it took to stop Aspinall from advancing, was to counter his foot work, then Aspinall began to dance around and hurt his knee.

Aspinall likes to move a lot and bounce around but gets touched regularly by mediocre strikers like Blaydes. Alex will and can hurt Aspinall and touch him up. Comparing the speed of the MW's and the LHW's to the HW;s is ridiculous, they are not the same. The LHW and MW's are much faster than the HW's and Aspinall has not fought at that speed, but Alex has.
Talking about getting touched by mediocre strikers when your boy gets his ass kicked by Dominic Reyes lmao.

Talking about getting touched by mediocre strikers when your boy gets his ass kicked by Dominic Reyes lmao.

The turth hurts and Dominic Reyes is a far superior striker than Blaydes, they are not even in the same boat. Jones beat Reyes without the aid of his wrestling which is a feat that is commendable. Reyes should have smoked Jones in that department but did not, and jones actually was on par with a much better kickboxer and one who is extremely fast. Reyes is also an adept grappler.

In contrast Aspinall who is a good fighter was beaten and touched up by a subpar striker. Blaydes is a guy who has the IQ of a pumpkin, who is slow and has the striking of a turtle. A fighter Aspinall should of blown out of the water in the striking department but could not. He then blows out his knees when he begins dancing around after Blades checks his kick.

It was embarrassing

Last edited:
God damn, Tom is becoming the new Cro Cop around here eh? It's taking me back to Pride days. I feel a Kevin Randleman moment coming soon. Back up your servers Mr. Sherwood! (yes I am that old)

this would be a much tougher fight for poatan than returning from near career ending injury and long layoff by hill...... Tom is not only a well rounded fighter, he does it especially well and not a blown up fighter.

I honestly think poatan thinks he is better than he is, he has done amazing in MMA to claim 2 world titles, but are his wins truly that impressive when you look at who he has fought? Not forgetting he got knocked cold by Israel just a couple fights ago, but he would be in a world of trouble against aspinall. A true elite all round mixed martial artist.

Tom trains with Rico verhoeven regularly who said he had the best stand up of any MMA fighter he has trained with. Aspinall is also a savage on the ground, wouldn't end well for Alex, but I would love to see it regardless.

Jon Jones started a Sherdog account

I would love to see alex destroy aspinall​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back