I would love to see Aspinall destroy Poatan

If Tom can't get him down, he's in trouble. Alex is much more slick and fast on the feet than what he is used to.
Nah. Aspinall tools Poatan everywhere.

You got it the wrong way around. Tom is way faster on the feet than anything Poatan is used to, which is insane when you factor in that he's 6'5 and 260lbs.

People also said Aspinall was fucked if he couldn't get Pavlovich down. It's about time people start recognising a generational talent when they see one. And as much as I like him, I'm not talking about Pereira.

Nah. Aspinall tools Poatan everywhere.

You got it the wrong way around. Tom is way gater on the feet than anything Poatan is used to, which is insane when you factor in that he's 6'5 and 260lbs.

People also said Aspinall was fucked if he couldn't get Pavlovich down. Its about time people start recognising a generational talent when they see one. And as much as I like him, I'm not talking about Pereira.

I respect Pavlovich and he is dangerous and powerful, but he isn't Poatan lol - skill and experience wise, it's ridiculous to compare them. And Pavlovich hurt Tom standing before he got KO'd.

I am also not picking Poatan as I think Tom is well rounded and can get him down - but I think it's a tougher fight than Aspinall's fans want to admit.

I respect Pavlovich and he is dangerous and powerful, but he isn't Poatan lol - skill and experience wise, it's ridiculous to compare them. And Pavolich hurt Tom standing before he got KO'd.

I am also not picking Poatan as I think Tom is well rounded and can get him down - but I think it's a tougher fight than Aspinall's fans want to admit.
I think Poatan is an easy fight tbh, and I say that as a Poatan fan.

He's not even fought grapplers at his own weight yet. Somebody with the submission acumen of an Aspinall or a Jones is a nightmare for him. Especially when you consider how heavy he is and he can put all that weight on him. It's not like he has looked good on the ground so far in his career. He was outgrappled by Adesanya which is really embarrassing. Took him down only to get swept and held down for almost a full round. He survived on the ground against Jiri and Blachowicz who are both primarily strikers. He's fought nobody like Aspinall yet.

Not to mention, people keep talking about Poatan like he hits you once and you're fucked, which is true but only to an extent. If Silva and Jan can take his strikes for 15 minutes a big HW who's a better striker should be able to.

I'm not comparing Poatan to Pav from a stylistic standpoint, I'm just saying people said the same things about Pavlovich that they are now saying about Poatan, that he hits you one time and the fight is over, and Tom would need to be diving for ankles from the opening bell to survive. Which is not true. Aspinall murked Pav on the feet and he could very well do the same to Pereira. Poatan doesn't have the best defense in the world, and Tom is ridiculously fast and has fight ending power in everything he throws.

And nah he wasn't hurt by Pavlovich. He got hit clean but he was never rocked, his mouthpiece was dislodged but that's it, he avoided every follow up shot Pav tried to land with slick head movement, which he wouldn't have had the nause to do if he was hurt.

Last edited:
Tom said he could sense pereira was sizing him up during the pre fight stuff at there last event.

I think Aspinall would absolutely wreck him
It wouldn't be no contest at all, Tom would fuck up Jones too on the feet instead of on the ground like he would Poaton.

Alex sleeps this scrub. He can't even take leg kicks and has a bum injured leg that Alex would target with effective leg kicks and elite kickboxing. Round 1 KO left hook

{<jordan}

Aspinall would put Potatoman on the ground and fuck him in every hole.

No way Aspinall takes that nuclear left hand. All fight start on the feet. Poatan via shadow realm.
Just like how everyone said Aspinall wouldn't be able to take a clean shot from Pavlovich?

Bruno Silva survived Pereira. Blachowicz survived Pereira. Aspinall has 50 lbs on either of these guys.

{<jordan}

Aspinall would put Potatoman on the ground and fuck him in every hole.

Lol at least Alex doesn't have a loss from getting injured in 5 seconds <lmao><lol>

Im 100% convinced Aspinall is just a UK hype job at this point like Till Dan Hardy and Bisping

It’s neck and neck who destroys who, hespectfully

Just like how everyone said Aspinall wouldn't be able to take a clean shot from Pavlovich?

Bruno Silva survived Pereira. Blachowicz survived Pereira. Aspinall has 50 lbs on either of these guys.

Second UFC fight? Still getting used to MMA. Jan? Dude was just trying to crotch sniff all fight.

It's not going to happen. After Blaydes puts Tom to sleep everybody is going to lose interest in him.

If tom fights smart he gets a takedown pretty early I imagine, and works over alex pretty handily with his size and BJJ advantage.

Destroy Poatan, as in Alex Pereira?
The guy who just donated $100,000 to assist with flood victims?

That's the guy you'd love to see destroyed?

So you don't want to Aspinall "destroy" a man who has abused women, fled from the car accidents that he caused (remember when that pregnant woman's arm got broken?), assaulted a waitress at a strip club, etc...

Just to clarify:
You'd prefer for Tom Aspinall to "destroy" Alex Pereira instead on Jon Jones; right?

I can see Tom beating literally anyone in the world in MMA.

Yeah, he's got the skillset to beat everybody, but it's also possible that he gets KO'd by a big hitter because he's very reckless and gets tagged a lot.

He's showed a solid chin so far, but HW is HW.

Dont care about that fight but poatan has a great chance of winning imo

Back