I wonder who will takeover as President of the UFC after Dana retires in the future

Most signs seem to point to hunter campbell. He's been working along side dana for a while now.

Probably someone that we have no idea who they are at the moment -- I reckon it'll be a while...

Man the picks in here truly baffle me ahahahah

I haven't read any yet, but I know there have been some weird nominations whenever this topic comes up. Lol. I think a lot of people really have the wrong idea about what Dana does and how the business works. Often they think a model citizen kind of guy is the right guy for the job. Kinda like people want the president to be as inoffensive as possible, instead of actually concerning themselves with what is needed to do the job of leading a company or a country. The world is a ruthless place, if you are actually nice all the time you'll be relentlessly attacked by your enemies in business or politics. If you apologize all the time for any offense someone might take with you, your enemies will use it against you. So to invite that kind of hostility would not be a great leadership's trait, because you have better things to do if you run a company or countrry, than having to deal with attacks that could have been easily avoided, all the time

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
I haven't read any yet, but I know there have been some weird nominations whenever this topic comes up. Lol. I think a lot of people really have the wrong idea about what Dana does and how the business works. Often they think model citizen kind of guy is the right guy for the job. Kinda like people want the president to be as inoffensive as possible, instead of actually concerning themselves with what is needed to do the job of leading a company or a country. The world is a ruthless place, if you are actually nice all the time you'll be relentlessly attacked by your enemies in business or politics. If you apologize all the time for any offense someone might take with you, your enemies will use it against you. So to invite that kind of hostility would not be a great leadership's trait, because you have better things to do if you run a company or countrry, than having to deal with attacks that could have been easily avoided, all the time
So Laura Sanko? ;)

DC is likely going to be the guy they pick to take over as the face of the ufc, he’s a company man who loves doing promotion.
A lot of Shermanos may scoff at this idea. But DC wouldn't really be replacing Dana. It would just mean a switchover to a familiar face who obviously would project a tamer image. The ruthless stuff would still be done by Hunter and his crew.

So Laura Sanko? ;)

Honestly, a woman probably has a good bit more leeway when it comes to how "nice" she can be and get away with it, if she plays her cards right of course. Especially if we are talking in the MMA world. I actually think Sanko could be a pretty good leader. But not sure about running a company like the UFC though LMAO! That's an insanely tough job.

But still, the niceness has to be balanced with a no BS mentality too. And the sad reality is that a lot of people just want to hear BS and rather hear an inoffensive lie, than an offensive truth. And obviously there is always a diplomatic way of bringing the truth, but if it's the truth itself that offends someone, then there simply is no real nice/inoffensive way of bringing that.

Advocating for Jon Jones as the CEO of the UFC based on his identity as a good Christian man highlights the potential positive influence he could bring to the organization. Jones's commitment to his Christian values may contribute to a leadership style grounded in principles such as integrity, compassion, and moral responsibility. As a CEO, he could seek to instill a culture of respect and fairness, reflecting the principles of Christianity. Jones' faith may also guide him in making decisions that prioritize the well-being and ethical treatment of fighters, employees, and stakeholders. While it is crucial to evaluate leadership candidates comprehensively, considering Jones's Christian values could present an angle that aligns with certain ethical and moral expectations, fostering a positive environment within the UFC.
View attachment 1019961

He could serve as Pope and the CEO of UFC. I would also make him World leader and the World would truly be at peace.

Just imagine a World with this amazing, thoughtful and caring man at the Helm? We wouldn't need to go to Heaven as we would already be there

there is this theory from youtube that Dana will leave UFC to run for US presidency

Probably AI version of Dana by then. They would have downloaded all his thoughts and replicate him as a piece of software.

Hopefully not that Hunter dude everyone always mentions

I dont think Ive ever even heard him on the mic and dude looks like a wierdo to me for some reason

Has to be somebody smooth on the mic with experience on the mic imo, preferably a voice/face we are all familiar with in some way

Whoever it becomes, they will never wield the same power & authority Dana has. Those duties will be spread out no doubt about it

Ariel Helwani, Michael Chandler, Fedor

If Joe Biden can be president in his 80's I don't see why Dana couldn't go into his 80's as well considering his job is even less taxing than being the President of a whole country, so Imagine Dana could go on until he's dead if he really wanted to and by that point we'll all be old as shit or dead too.. soo

{<shrug}

I'd like to see the American Badass get apprenticed into it. Seems to be a smooth talker who doesn't censor himself to appease the crowd.

But he likely is missing all the important backend required in running a business.

1703709554405.png

Hunter is already the Chief Business Officer and he doesn’t enjoy doing media at all. Dana is the guy they use to run interference so Hunter can work quietly in the background and not have to answer questions. The person who replaces Dana will likely be someone that’s media friendly who also knows how to deal with the fighters, my best guess is Daniel Cormier. Former fighter, loves doing media, and is a company man through and through.

Dana's job involves far more than just talking to the press. They can pick any talking head to be a spokesperson, I don't think that's what people mean when they ask who will replace Dana. They are asking who will run the company, and that's Hunter Campbell.

Dana's job seems very focused on matchmaking, contracts, fighter relations, dealing with commissions, big picture event strategy, and promotion/media.

I'd think they'd want someone who's involved in matchmaking, announcements and has some media experience.

Hunter Campbell has a lot of that.

Even if he doesn't do any showy promotion stuff he does some media in terms of clarifying announcements etc.
And I think that could be valued higher than being an entertaining promoter.

Accoding to Ariel, the guy does most deals since the UFC was sold is Hunter. and he's supposedly been driving force behind a lot of the way they treat belts and fighters now - for example he's supposedly behind the strategy to threaten to strip champs more often.

If people think Hunter seems to mild mannered to be president: consider how Dana acted and looked back in 2001.
People can put on a different style when changing jobs, and grow into the role.

Last edited:
A lot of Shermanos may scoff at this idea. But DC wouldn't really be replacing Dana. It would just mean a switchover to a familiar face who obviously would project a tamer image. The ruthless stuff would still be done by Hunter and his crew.

Yup, Dana is technically “CEO” but that’s just because they got rid of the president position for the time being. When Dana retires the ceo position will either be amalgamated or they’ll hire a suit to fill the role and bring in a person to do media and all the promotion (my pick is DC).
Dana's job involves far more than just talking to the press. They can pick any talking head to be a spokesperson, I don't think that's what people mean when they ask who will replace Dana. They are asking who will run the company, and that's Hunter Campbell.

Hunter already runs the company, he’s literally the Chief Business Officer. He does all the contracts and business deals. Dana does all the promotion and also helps pick the fights with the matchmaker(s) in the war room.

Back