I what way could PFL be interesting that people will pay ppv and stop watching UFC?

Survive 10+ years and Churn out competitive interesting fights without adding half-assed new rules and shit-sow production.

Then jus maybe...

Allow knees from North South-position!

I mean, more or less it has to come to and end that UFC has to face a real competition. PRIDE FC hold that poision in a decade so it was possible, when i mean PRIDE i mean most of the top 3 in PRIDE would beat UFC fighters in UFC 2000-2005 since Wanderlei have fought in a cage before and so Igor Vovchanchyn. Aleksander Emelianenko and Sergey Kharitonov have also fought in a cage.

About PFL, aslong they will offer fighters more money they will in the end somehow surpass UFC in some way. However i guess UFC is like Nintendo, a name that you can not compete when it comes to quality games.

So in what way can we see PFL surpass UFC?

View attachment 1014535

People have to get this notion out of their heads that some miraculous promotion is going to come around and be level competing with the UFC. It's not gonna happen my friend. The UFC has built themselves as the promotion that defines mma, much like the NBA and NFL and that's not going to change. UFC and MMA are synonymous with each other. They have the history, the longevity, and the best infrastructure of any mma promotion. That 30 years in the business of building a brand and operation can't be caught up to.

Using Pride as an example is not a good way to look at things, different time, much different place for the UFC. It's not comparable to today.

Making PFL more successful would not end the UFC. Most fans will watch fights from more than one org.

People have to get this notion out of their heads that some miraculous promotion is going to come around and be level competing with the UFC. It's not gonna happen my friend. The UFC has built themselves as the promotion that defines mma, much like the NBA and NFL and that's not going to change. UFC and MMA are synonymous with each other. They have the history, the longevity, and the best infrastructure of any mma promotion. That 30 years in the business of building a brand and operation can't be caught up to.

Using Pride as an example is not a good way to look at things, different time, much different place for the UFC. It's not comparable to today.

UFC is like Nintendo?

This. PFL and Bellator production is so shitty that it makes the UFC look like Pride. And the UFC is already shit with their endless promos, poor commentary, and pacing that drags on forever on fight night cards. I've never made it through more than 1/2 of a PFL card without going "I'm out, I can't deal with any more of this dog shit".
Bellator has the best walk-outs/ fighter introductions of any current north American org

Ufc was never inspired enough to put any effort into it

they’re trying to out “sport” the ufc which is dumb in my opinion. They should try to cater to hardcores by allowing a wider ruleset and even changing the rules at times.

I like how ONE isn’t afraid of booking mixed rules matches and doing MT in 4oz gloves. Let big frank and Deontay wilder bang in 4oz gloves under boxing rules.

Tldr is PFL should become the church of the JBG and just promote violence instead of stupid league/season bs that no one cares about
<{JustBleed}>

To be fair it is only a small group of weirdos on this forum with this perverse fantasy for UFC to fail. They are probably also USFL season ticket holders. I highly doubt anyone vested in PFLalltor is even under any delusion that company will ever compete with UFC. If it is not obvious from the history of other mma organizations their business model is not to form a long term profitable business. It is a bottom feeder model looking to transfer investor dollars into their pockets until they can't find any more suckers then fold the business and do it again under yet another name. UFC is a major part of a public company with a $13B+ market cap and very good financials they aren't going anywhere.

To be fair it is only a small group of weirdos on this forum with this perverse fantasy for UFC to fail. They are probably also USFL season ticket holders. I highly doubt anyone vested in PFLalltor is even under any delusion that company will ever compete with UFC. If it is not obvious from the history of other mma organizations their business model is not to form a long term profitable business. It is a bottom feeder model looking to transfer investor dollars into their pockets until they can't find any more suckers then fold the business and do it again under yet another name. UFC is a major part of a public company with a $13B+ market cap and very good financials they aren't going anywhere.

No doubt, you're 100% right.

It is just crazy how an UFC Fight Night feels way more special and hyped than anything PFL or Bellator. The difference is brutal

I think in order in gain notice in this world they need to do freak show fights. Youtubers, celebs, man vs woman, trans, open weight, tournaments, whatever to gain eye balls. Heavily trash talk the UFC and try to get UFC fighters to come to PFL and lose. THEN start to make build a legit talent roster, ranking system, and professionalism where they can have a legit argument about having the best fighters in the world. Making better rules as many people have mentioned will help too, also letting fighters have sponsors/make more money. They have to make themselves better than the UFC from every angle they can.

Allow elbows and knees all the time would all help
Brilliant..

So every UFC card in the future has to take place in Colorado?

To the best of my knowledge, it’s the only AC in Canada, or the US that allows knees to the head of downed opponents.

1701638279819.gif

Build stars. Recruit newer fighters and sign before UFC gets to them. Try to get any noteworthy free agent veterans - recruit UFC fighters near the end of their contracts. Put on fights fans want to see. Improve live event production and fighter entrances. Improve tv / ppv video production. Use social media to their advantage and advertise, advertise, advertise.

they’re trying to out “sport” the ufc which is dumb in my opinion. They should try to cater to hardcores by allowing a wider ruleset and even changing the rules at times.

I like how ONE isn’t afraid of booking mixed rules matches and doing MT in 4oz gloves. Let big frank and Deontay wilder bang in 4oz gloves under boxing rules.
Or let boxers box mma guys in a cage

This. PFL and Bellator production is so shitty that it makes the UFC look like Pride. And the UFC is already shit with their endless promos, poor commentary, and pacing that drags on forever on fight night cards. I've never made it through more than 1/2 of a PFL card without going "I'm out, I can't deal with any more of this dog shit".

This is pretty accurate.

It's intriguing that PFL seems so low budget.

Like I can watch FOX, CBS, NBC, ESPN and Amazon Prime football broadcasts and they all are high quality.

Then you compare PFL or Bellator to UFC and it just looks like they are produced and designed by highschoolers.

Back