Could PFL steal some UFC heavyweights and take over the division?

Jones would be too expensive but they could try to lure away Stipe to finish his trilogy vs Francis.

Outside of that, UFC doesn't really have any big names to steal. Black Beast just signed a new deal so he's probably gonna retire in the UFC.

UFC and PFL are both going to have to build a HW division so it's just a matter of who snags the best talent quicker.

With Ngannou in need of a decent opponent for MMA, some UFC heavyweights could start leaving (or choosing not to resign) in search of that red panty night. If PFL focus on building their HW division on the back of Ngannou, maybe in a few years we could see the best heavyweights in the world fighting there.

I mean apart from Stipe and Jon who are on the way out, the rest of HWs are probably making peanuts, 1 fight with Ngannou could change their lives.
They already did

I mean Lewis and Jailton just signed new contracts after PFL offered 2 mill to fight Francis so I'm gonna say no.

Right, once the guys that have fought once in like 4 years are gone the HW division will be in shambles.

You seem to be forgetting that the UFC is a business (or perhaps you are a minor). Those are the only two HWs that have name recognition and put butts in the seats at the moment. Once they are gone, the UFC will, indeed, have to rebuild that division. My point stands.

Jarl

I mean Lewis and Jailton just signed new contracts after PFL offered 2 mill to fight Francis so I'm gonna say no.
That was before the fight actually took place. I bet Black Beast is probably regretting that, he has 0 chance at the ufc title and could have easily gotten the fight with a previous win over Ngannou. Then he could do the tournament for an easy million.

UFC is the promotion in need of more heavyweight talent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were trying to poach some heavyweights from the PFL as we speak…

Definitely. They are funded by the Saudi government. Offer 50% more than the UFC and they will take over.
Dana comes out and declares "Any fighter that crosses over to the PFL will be blacklisted from anything related to the UFC."
What now?

Dana comes out and declares "Any fighter that crosses over to the PFL will be blacklisted from anything related to the UFC."
What now?
even Dana wouldn’t be dumb enough to say that shit out loud. Probably

The fights we want to see meaning one fight, ngannou vs jones, that the ufc already tried to make, but ngannou said no to. Thanks PFL

we see all the fights we want to see already, this isn’t boxing
No, we’ve traditionally been robbed of many fights because of the UFC. Then Dana grabs a mic and says “they don’t wanna fight” and the shills buy it up.

Competition breeds a better product. I’d like to see the UFC monopoly threatened so that things could improve. Iron sharpens iron and without any push, the ufc will just continue to be a micky mouse operation.

If Ngannou is pushing for $2M for his opponent I don't see why some wouldn't try.

If Ngannou is pushing for $2M for his opponent I don't see why some wouldn't try.
At first it was “could get up to 1 million”. Then overnight it was “could get up to 2 million”. Things like ‘could’ and ‘up to’ would indicate a scale and clauses with the end result being you ain’t getting 1 or 2

Contract wise, Jones is off the market for good
Stipe isn't going to PFL
Contract wise, Lewis is off the market for good

Idk about anyone else, but the UFC's going to do everything in their power to keep everyone.

The main thing they should do IMHO is look to HW kickboxing, Rico has shown interest in MMA for awhile even having a match and I'm guessing a few others have probably already done some training.

Francis/Rico could play more on the crossover as well, Ngannou facing the best in the world in each area.
That would be a cool match-up, but Rico would decision the crap out of Francis. Still a cool match-up.

Lewis actually beat Blaydes and Volkov. He’s also 18-9 in UFC with 14 KO’s. He’s very underrated and also a fun fighter. Tai beat him and drinks shoey’s so I had to add him as well
Fun and exciting to watch doesn’t always equal to being a skilled MMA fighter, I’ll just leave it at that which these type fighters are slowly being filtered out by skilled Heavyweights, think Almeida, Aspinalls and Pavlovichs. I hope you have been watching MMA long enough to discern the difference.
Lewis and Tai reminds of this generations Cabbage Correia & Tank Abbots. Yes, are they exciting sure, but when it comes to actually skilled fighters at the HW category the last was Daniel Cormier. Jon Jones exposed what has been missing of these modern day Heavy’s, skilled all around fighters that actually incorporate it into their fighting. It is very reminiscent to when a lot of folks on here believed Justin Gaethje “wrestling” would’ve given Nurmagomedov problems. He’s never adapted and shown it offensively or at best shown it. People on here actually believe Lewis is some black belt or amazing grappler, there is no proof of it.

Fun and exciting to watch doesn’t always equal to being a skilled MMA fighter, I’ll just leave it at that which these type fighters are slowly being filtered out by skilled Heavyweights, think Almeida, Aspinalls and Pavlovichs. I hope you have been watching MMA long enough to discern the difference.
Lewis and Tai reminds of this generations Cabbage Correia & Tank Abbots. Yes, are they exciting sure, but when it comes to actually skilled fighters at the HW category the last was Daniel Cormier. Jon Jones exposed what has been missing of these modern day Heavy’s, skilled all around fighters that actually incorporate it into their fighting. It is very reminiscent to when a lot of folks on here believed Justin Gaethje “wrestling” would’ve given Nurmagomedov problems. He’s never adapted and shown it offensively or at best shown it. People on here actually believe Lewis is some black belt or amazing grappler, there is no proof of it.
Lol.

Do you think Blaydes and Volkov aren’t skilled fighters? Lewis beat them both, which means he’s skilled enough to beat them and also guys like Browne, Gonzaga, Oleinik, Nelson, Tybura.

And no, Jones didn’t expose HW division, he avoided fighting Ngannou like the plague. Shertards were saying Ngannou is an unskilled bum brawler, while I always said that he’s way more technical than what he showed in Rozenstruick fight.

Ngannou once again disproved the dumb Sherdog myth about weak HW division and that HW’s can’t be in their prime in their late 30’s. All of those myths are cope mechanisms for butthurt PRIDE fans. Fedorsexuals have a hard time admitting that he would most likely lose to at least half of today’s top10

Lol.

Do you think Blaydes and Volkov aren’t skilled fighters? Lewis beat them both, which means he’s skilled enough to beat them and also guys like Browne, Gonzaga, Oleinik, Nelson, Tybura.

Yes, he’s unskilled. All he has is KO power that is it, literally that is it. Half of those fighters you named he caught them not based on skill but having the ability to knockout his opponents.

And no, Jones didn’t expose HW division, he avoided fighting Ngannou like the plague. Shertards were saying Ngannou is an unskilled bum brawler, while I always said that he’s way more technical than what he showed in Rozenstruick fight.

Jones would take Ngannou down and sub him, it’s MMA not a solely striking fight. I have no doubt Jones would finish him in the ground. Gane was suppose to give Jones problems because of his “amazing wrestling & grappling” he showed against Ngannou. Fuck that noise, Jones showed what a actual skilled grappler can do.

Ngannou once again disproved the dumb Sherdog myth about weak HW division and that HW’s can’t be in their prime in their late 30’s. All of those myths are cope mechanisms for butthurt PRIDE fans. Fedorsexuals have a hard time admitting that he would most likely lose to at least half of today’s top10

Not sure where this came from, but I have always thought Fedor had the benefit of fighting not so great opponents other than Noguiera, Cro Cop, Arlovski and Sylvia. People actually on here believe Ngannous outwrestled Stipe, Ngannou stuffed one takedown off a stunned Miocic and transitioned to his back, really people believe Ngannou is a good wrestler because of his fight with Gane, which Jon Jones embarrassed and exposed Gane. Jones would obliterate Ngannou if he gets him on the ground which is harder than it may seem, but once it there I really don’t give Ngannou much of a chance. Imo

Lol.

You’re using MMA Math, which has been shown to be not a good metric, Volkov beat Tai and Tai beat Lewis, Volkov must be better than Lewis, it doesn’t work that way, especially in the HW division where a lot of fighters rely on power not skill.

Yes, he’s unskilled. All he has is KO power that is it, literally that is it. Half of those fighters you named he caught them not based on skill but having the ability to knockout his opponents.

Jones would take Ngannou down and sub him, it’s MMA not a solely striking fight. I have no doubt Jones would finish him in the ground. Gane was suppose to give Jones problems because of his “amazing wrestling & grappling” he showed against Ngannou. Fuck that noise, Jones showed what a actual skilled grappler can do.

Not sure where this came from, but I have always thought Fedor had the benefit of fighting not so great opponents other than Noguiera, Cro Cop, Arlovski and Sylvia. People actually on here believe Ngannous outwrestled Stipe, Ngannou stuffed one takedown off a stunned Miocic and transitioned to his back, really people believe Ngannou is a good wrestler because of his fight with Gane, which Jon Jones embarrassed and exposed Gane. Jones would obliterate Ngannou if he gets him on the ground which is harder than it may seem, but once it there I really don’t give Ngannou much of a chance. Imo
Most HW’s have the power to KO each other. Lewis has great timing. The way he timed his uppercut against Blaydes is a thing of beauty and that requires a lot of skill. His flying knee KO in his last fight was incredible too. And don’t forget about his Stand-up-jitsu. He’s a skilled fighter, that’s for sure.

You were probably saying that Fury would absolutely demolish Ngannou, right? Ngannou’s wrestling is way better than people give him credit for and he has 20-30 pounds on Jones. There’s a reason Jones took so long to transition to HW, he didn’t want that smoke. And Gane just had that “deer in headlights” moment facing Jones. He wasn’t himself. In his last fight he easily shook off Spivac’s TD attempts and Spivac is one of the best grapplers in the divisio

Jones is the GOAT, but there’s a reason he won’t fight guys like Pavlovich, Aspinall, Blaydes or Volkov. And he knew that he probably wouldn’t beat Ngannou too

You’re using MMA Math, which has been shown to be not a good metric, Volkov beat Tai and Tai beat Lewis, Volkov must be better than Lewis, it doesn’t work that way, especially in the HW division where a lot of fighters rely on power not skill.
I’m not using MMA math. If Lewis is skilled enough to beat Blaydes and Volkov, it’s moronic to call him an unskilled fighter.

Back