I Think People Are Really Overrating Khabib's Chances.

Conor got to end fight early,cos khabibs takedowns are inevitable because hes too good and they will come easier the longer it goes.
I agree that Conor is in trouble if Khabib gets him down, not becuase Conor is crap on the ground, simply because Khabib is so good, but on the flipside I would say that every second the fight is on the feet Khabib is in just as much if not more danger...

I never said Mendes was a finished on the ground, he has a good ground game, but he's usually better on the feet than his opponent so rarely needs to take it their, that was not the case with Conor.

My point wasn't that Conor is Ortega off his back, just that if he's such a bum on the mat, why in his 10 UFC fights does the evidence not back that up?
I misunderstood your post, it seems. I apologize.

Conor isn't a bum on the ground in the way of Paul Daley, but he's far from dangerous there. He is good in a scramble and has a couple good sweeps in his arsenal, but he hasn't given us enough footage of his ground game to really show us much. We have a handful of minutes and a fight against Max from five years ago.
The same can be said of Khabib on the feet. We have seen him implement a good game plan against Iaquinta and Barboza, but he hasn't given us much else. The only fight I remember him stopping from the feet is the KO over Thiago Tavares(2013).

Conor will need to end this early for that to happen. He's going to have a hard time fending off Khabib's TDs for multiple rounds. If (most likely when) Khabib gets Conor down, he'll be the strongest grappler he's ever faced. And that has been his weakness in the past. I doubt he's improved his ground game drastically enough to compete with Khabib.

Last edited:
Khabib has a huge melon, short reach, small hands, no KO power and no stand up skills, in comparison. I also do believe he's physically less stronger than Conor. So there are huge opportunities for Conor.

But if Khabib gets him down, I just don't think Conor has the experience, the knowledge to deal with what Khabib has to offer. Also, against Al and Edson - he didn't go for any horrific submissions, like I think he would vs Conor.

That's why this fight is so intriguing. It's like a Mexican stand off. Whoever implements their game first wins.
theres no way conor is stronger than khabib.

everyone thats trained with khabib says he has freak strength. remember who he trains with

For the record, ill never bet against conor.

I believe Wrestling is the superior martial art as ive trained most of my life in stand up and absolutely cannot grapple for my life even though I wrestled in highschool and tried bjj
its just a different animal that I cant handle.

However power is something you cant train for. You can enhance it, work on it, but its something youre born with. having amazing stand up AND power is mike tyson type shit. Conor type
shit.

I believe Khabib should be the favorite, and I would pick him to win but I would never bet against conor because one punch is all it takes and I stand by that.

Iaquinta's actually good on the ground,he had skills to avoid the choke and Barboza is super tough. We dont know if Conor has got that.

Conor is much better on the ground than either of them.

Guy. Mini-Mendes passed Conor's guard twice and attempted 3 submissions. Conor looked great on the feet, obviously. He won.
But that fight wasn't a good showing of Conor's ground game.

Sounds like Conor escaped 3 submission attempts then.

He hit a nice reversal in the Brandao fight. That was hardly a ground domination. There's no reason rewrite history to praise a talented guy.

He escaped a heel hook from a 2nd degree BJJ black belt.

U1FyY5E.gif

Khabib is a fantastic fighter. His top control is only rivaled by maybe DC or a prime Cain. He's relentless, and it's nearly impossible to get him off of you once he grabs you. But his style is tailor-made for a classic McGregor knockout. He leans forward, and doesn't move his head nearly enough off of the center line to avoid that big left hand of Mac. Khabib simply won't be able to avoid the KO shot for all 25 minutes. The fight starts on the feet all 5 rounds. With McGregors accuracy, he will surely be able to land the finishing blow at some point during the fight. I don't like McGregor at ALL. I really hope Khabib can ragdoll him for the whole fight. But the fight will most likely end up like McGregor vs Mendes, unfortunately gIving that strap back to McGregor and putting the division on hold again while he fights CM Punk, Floyd Mayweather, Brock Lesnar, and Jesus in some Royal Rumble bs.
#ThisIsNumberOneBullshit

conor cant punch him when he his back looking at the roof and khabib wont gas out like mendes

I see Conor knocking him out even faster than he did Aldo. Even if he doesn't, I still think it'll happen within one round. Khabib won't know what hit him.

I hope that Conor started training for Khabib the day after Mayweather and still gets mauled.
First they have to get in the Octagon.

If Khabib gets takedowns in the early rounds then McGregor is going to gas harder than CM Punk in his last fight

Sounds like Conor escaped 3 submission attempts then.

He escaped a heel hook from a 2nd degree BJJ black belt.

U1FyY5E.gif
This is the exact equivalent of praising a guy for getting punched in the mouth but not get knocked out from that punch.
... Just because you didn't end up in the morgue doesn't mean you did well lol

I agree that Conor is in trouble if Khabib gets him down, not becuase Conor is crap on the ground, simply because Khabib is so good, but on the flipside I would say that every second the fight is on the feet Khabib is in just as much if not more danger...
That first round is gonna determine a lot imo. Conor needs to seriously hurt Khabib as much as humanly possible and really test his durability/recovery time. The more hurt Khabib is, the less technical he can be.

On the flip side, Khabib needs to get Conor down asap, pound the ever loving shit out of him nonstop, and make Conor burn through as much gas as possible. The easiest way for Khabib to keep himself safe is to take the wind out of Conor's sails early. Taking away Conor's explosiveness is huge.

The opening minute or so is going to really determine this fight.

Your not a great wrestler until you outwrestle another wrestler.

Your not a great grappler until you out grapple another great grappler.

Your not a great striker until you outstrike another great striker.

Conor has proved to be an elite striker by out striking great strikers.

Khabib has shown great potential but thats about it.

You're not a very good speller until you learn the difference between "you're" and "your".

Your not a great wrestler until you outwrestle another wrestler.
Kamal Shalorus: Olympic qualifier freestyle wresting
Abel Trujillo: four-time NAIA All-American
Pat Healy: NCAA div II
Michael Johnson: top NJCAA wrestler
Al Iaquinta: Jr college wrestler

Your not a great grappler until you out grapple another great grappler.
RDA: 3rd degree black belt BJJ

I get what you're trying to say but at least phrase it in the way that you mean it.

Wrestler = Lee and no one else

Grappler = Tony and only Tony

Those 2 guys have superhuman chins though. We've yet to see Khabib get hit with anything of true note.
Well, Diaz has been knocked down a few times in his career and KOed once. Khabib never was. So, here is your answer.

Khabib is a fantastic fighter. His top control is only rivaled by maybe DC or a prime Cain. He's relentless, and it's nearly impossible to get him off of you once he grabs you. But his style is tailor-made for a classic McGregor knockout. He leans forward, and doesn't move his head nearly enough off of the center line to avoid that big left hand of Mac. Khabib simply won't be able to avoid the KO shot for all 25 minutes. The fight starts on the feet all 5 rounds. With McGregors accuracy, he will surely be able to land the finishing blow at some point during the fight. I don't like McGregor at ALL. I really hope Khabib can ragdoll him for the whole fight. But the fight will most likely end up like McGregor vs Mendes, unfortunately gIving that strap back to McGregor and putting the division on hold again while he fights CM Punk, Floyd Mayweather, Brock Lesnar, and Jesus in some Royal Rumble bs.
#ThisIsNumberOneBullshit

khabib has fought 24 times in mma and this hasnt happened but "last 2 rounds then panic wrestle" Mcgregor will do it.

Conors not gonna have ko power for 25 minutes. Especially if he gets taken down easily amd has to expend energy to get back up.
Id say Conor via 2nd round KO but i wouldnt be shocked if we see The Kebab dominate.

I would actually say Chad is much better at getting takedowns than Khabib, especially at the type of distance Conor is known to keep, but Khabib is far better at controlling and damaging someone once he has them down, Conor's biggest worry against Khabib will be getting trapped against the fence, coz from that position Khabib has looked unstoppable and will probably be able to get Conor down relatively easily.

I think it's underestimated just how good Conor is at punishing fighters who get into the kind of range Khabib will need to be in to implement his gameplan.

Just look at how well Eddie was able to press Pettis and Melendez against the cage in their fights, and compare it to how badly he was punished every time he got close to grappling range against Conor.....

If Conor can land on Khabib early, which he has been able to do against everyone he's fought, Khabib will become hesitant, it's human nature, and the more hesitant he becomes the more openings Conor will find.

The fight has to happen, there's nothing out their as intriguing.

Oh and Chad did not suddenly gas out, Conor gassed him out...
You either didn't watch the Conor vs Eddie fight or you were just concentratex on Conor's crotch. Watch the fight again. Conor never even once hit Eddie when Eddie try to take him down. He punished him every time Eddie try to box with Conor. I have posted it before: Conor has never knocked anybody while fighters tried to take him down. Also even after 3 KD, Eddie had a fully locked hands around one of Conor's leg. That would only mean one thing if this was Khabib instead of Eddie. Dude, just try to watch fights without bias and you might actually enjoy it.

Back