I still can't believe Overeem knocked out JDS

Gotta love Reem, such nice technique.

im a huge jds fan, but i gotta admit, that was a great punch. Haha i attended the event, and imo its still an early stoppage in my eyes, but its not a big deal. It seems like it helped both jds and overeem so we are all winners.

So someone has to be out for a justified stoppage? JDS was not intelligently defending himself.

he was literally standing back up and seemingly recovered at the moment the fight was stopped. I know jds doesnt need to take any extra punishment but he should have gotten a chance to recover.

xTk9ZJ7HKC2SYuAZ1e.gif

That was a hard knockdown. Couple that with the damage JDS has taken in his other most recent fights and I can see why the Ref stopped it.

he was literally standing back up and seemingly recovered at the moment the fight was stopped. I know jds doesnt need to take any extra punishment but he should have gotten a chance to recover.

Chuck Liddell immediately came to right as Big John was stopping the fight when Rampage beat him. Sometimes fighters have quick recovery. And I don't remember, but was JDS even blocking Overeem's punches as he was trying to stand back up?

So someone has to be out for a justified stoppage? JDS was not intelligently defending himself.
He was aware and would have defended any follow up punches. Plus he has a good chin even though he was rocked. How can you say not intelligently defending himself when there were no follow up punches lol

Heavyweight MMA. dafuq you taking about?

I can believe it. any fighter can KO any fighter at HW. any HW in UFC can KO JDS if they hit him clean. we have seen this thousands of times

And I can't believe JDS ko'd Hunt, it's HW it happens. That's the most interesting thing about that division, NO ONE is safe.

To be honest, I don't think JDS was at the same level for that fight.

I'd pick this older version of Hunt nowadays.

I can't believe a strike thrown in a combat sport landed and had the desired effect.

Overeem never knocks out people with punches in MMA
JDS never gets knocked out
Overeem always gets knocked out
JDS always knocks out his opponents

I mean all JDS had to do is touch his chin
You can't believe that a guy who is 6'5 245lbs kickboxer knocked out another person?

Junior was extremely cautious to throw due to counters, looked like a completely different guy against Rothwell.

Overeem and Arlovski for that matter can KO anyone but both could get KO'ed by a strong gust, the fight should be interesting.

He looked like his old self against Rothwell.

turns out Overeem is really, really good.

I believe it...I just came to see gifs and what I can't believe is how he fought at 205 in pride looking like a little kid vs shogun and chuck

A little kid? He's taller and wider than Liddell, he was just 23 years old. He was a huge 205, it was plainly obvious to see that he was going to be way bigger as he got older.

It's JDS own fault. Completely disregarding Overeems reach. Sloppy boxing. Zero head movement. Always been one of JDS' technical flaws. It took overseen to figure that out. In the Cain/JDS fights, Cain was landing everything he wanted. JDS just stood there taking them. Terrible defense.

UFC worshipers just got another wake up call (they have had a million already) that their gods were never the best. Cain and JDS were destroyed by Werdum and Overeem, two guys who a few years ago ufc only fans were saying weren't as good as the ufc top guys. Cain and JDS reigned in the ufc for 1 reason, they were the only two decent guys around and just kept fighting each other. When other HWs were introduced from Strikeforce and other companies, they lose, badly.

wow.gif
vs._Ben_Edwards_1_medium.gif

Reem_vs._Badr_Hari_1_medium.gif

Reem hits hard

You watch his K-1 career and whilst the knees get the hype its generally the boxing that does the damage, some nice slick counters.

The problem I think he faced with adapting that to MMA, in K-1 he could just stalk forward behind his gloves but in MMA that's not possible. I think it took Jacksons camp for him to really adapt his style with a lot more movement that allowed him to put his boxing to use.

He was on his hands and knees getting blasted with punches.

Shocked that an underdog won = hater?

Seems legit

Was kidden but overeem gets so many peoples panties in a bunch its hilarious.
Suprised there isnt s long list of him getting kod posted in here yet like usual.

Back