I need a good meatloaf recipie

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
My Grandmother used to make the BEST meatloaf, I don't know how she did it .... meat ... crackers ... tomato sauce ... ketchup ? and other stuff

She had a personal recipe book with her hand written recipies that she created but my Mom lost it and the childhood perfect meat loaf is gone and I can never get that nostalgic back :(

How do you guys make your meatloaf?

Let me know - thanks!!

My Gram knew how to cook ... my Mom ..... I'm sure Gordon Ramsay would kill her in an alleway

Last edited:
Whatever you put into it, be sure to wrap it in bacon.
That's what top chefs call presentation

I don't like bacon
I suppose the reaction this should get is both swift and cruel.
Let me bore you with a story.
I used to hate bacon, have never been a fan of breakfast meats.
But one day a couple of years ago, I had to make venison horsd'oovers for a friend's wedding, chunks wrapped in bacon.
I stated making them, and occasionally ate a few. Before long I realized that I'd been missing out on something glorious and now I love the stuff.
I just had an 80% cocoa chocolate bar with peppers and bacon. Amazing

Bat out of hell is the best meatloaf.

There are so many different variations to make meatloaf. You can chop up and put just about anything and toss it in it. My recommendation is to not put ketchup or tomato sauce on top of it. We use a can of Campbell's Golden or Cream of Mushroom soup. We also use ground turkey instead of beef.

Or ham

Pork chops and pork ribs are awesome tho
I'm not a huge fan of ham but ill eat it. Breaded baked chops and sweet and sticky ribs are my game though.

Hamburger bread crumbs and ketchup you idiot.

I always thought there was something a little 'off' about you bro

<WellThere>

I mean it's good for breakfast ... but that's about it

When I want a hamburger for example, it's cause I want a hamburger - not to taste bacon, and when bacon is added it dominates the flavour. If I wanted to taste bacon and only bacon then I would have only bacon

And furhtermore to the additure of hamburgers, it makes it too crunchy sometimes cause places often cook it to a crisp.

I don't like bacon
get-out.gif

There are so many different variations to make meatloaf. You can chop up and put just about anything and toss it in it. My recommendation is to not put ketchup or tomato sauce on top of it. We use a can of Campbell's Golden or Cream of Mushroom soup. We also use ground turkey instead of beef.

You should be smacked in the face

My Grandmother used to make the BEST meatloaf, I don't know how she did it .... meat ... crackers ... tomato sauce ... ketchup ? and other stuff

She had a personal recipe book with her hand written recipies that she created but my Mom lost it and the childhood perfect meat loaf is gone and I can never get that nostalgic back :(

How do you guys make your meatloaf?

Let me know - thanks!!

My Gram knew how to cook ... my Mom ..... I'm sure Gordan Ramsey would kill her in an alleway

My Grandma used to make this meat loaf with peas and carrots with this type of red sauce. Not a pasta sauce but almost like a stew of sorts. She served it with mashed potatoes and it was awesome.

Poor, trusting Clippy.

You gotta take matters into your own hands.
I got Grandma's recipe file right in my kitchen, yo.

Back