I need a good meatloaf recipie

I suppose the reaction this should get is both swift and cruel.
Let me bore you with a story.
I used to hate bacon, have never been a fan of breakfast meats.
But one day a couple of years ago, I had to make venison horsd'oovers for a friend's wedding, chunks wrapped in bacon.
I stated making them, and occasionally ate a few. Before long I realized that I'd been missing out on something glorious and now I love the stuff.
I just had an 80% cocoa chocolate bar with peppers and bacon. Amazing

I don't like bacon with other meats - too strong and drowns it out.

People need to be smacked for making green beans without bacon, though.

Ketchup will give it that nice moist, rich flavor. I'll use it in burgers, or even BBQ sauce, or others...have fun with it. Man, I haven't had Meatloaf in forever...with the tomato sauce poured over it...mmm...good call.

Anyway, the best way to make Meatloaf is to arrange for a young Orvis and Wilma Aday to fuck.

My Grandmother used to make the BEST meatloaf, I don't know how she did it .... meat ... crackers ... tomato sauce ... ketchup ? and other stuff

She had a personal recipe book with her hand written recipies that she created but my Mom lost it and the childhood perfect meat loaf is gone and I can never get that nostalgic back :(

How do you guys make your meatloaf?

Let me know - thanks!!

My Gram knew how to cook ... my Mom ..... I'm sure Gordan Ramsey would kill her in an alleway

It was the same in my family. My grandmother was a great cook. My mother, not so much. She made us feel like gods by serving burnt offerings. She would put potatoes on to boil and knew they were done when you could smell them burning after the water boiled away. She cooked meat until there was no hint of moisture left in it. Very good at the Christmas Vacation turkey.

You should never let your meat loaf.

My grandmother used to make it with cow tongue ore heart. They butchered their own meat, often burnt out dairy cattle and used almost every part. I often ground the meat along with some pig fat, onions, carrots, celery and stale bread in a grinder just like this:
s-l500.jpg

She added eggs and fresh tomatoes in season or home canned tomatoes. Oatmeal was another ingredient along with salt and pepper.

I endorse this thread.

Make Meatloaf Great Again.

My meatloaf game is rusty, and I love a good meatloaf.

I used this recipe before, and liked it. The key is to make your own ground beef or ask the butcher to grind sirloin. If you buy store-bought ground beef it's going to be too oily.

I used this recipe before, and liked it. The key is to make your own ground beef or ask the butcher to grind sirloin. If you buy store-bought ground beef it's going to be too oily.

Did you just tell me to go find and kill a cow and make MY OWN ground beef :eek:

Listen, I want good meatloaf, but there's only so many lengths I'll go to

I turned 30 recently and went from ground beef, wrapped in bacon to turkey meat loaf with a side of asparagus.

<{CMPALM}>

I wanted Sherdog meatloaf

Brown a sweet onion and garlic, set aside.
Chop up celery,carrots,shallots, bellpepper and whatever veggies you want.
Add lean ground beef, Italian sausage, and lamb or pork with a cup of oats.
Mix all that shit up with 1 or 2 eggs and throw that bish in the oven for 30mins at 350.

There. eat up fatty

Did you just tell me to go find and kill a cow and make MY OWN ground beef :eek:

Listen, I want good meatloaf, but there's only so many lengths I'll go to

Weak

Successful people do what the unsuccessful don't.

Applies to food and business.

I invented Meatloaf Cupcakes a few yrs ago.

FB_IMG_1493483214065_zpsziaspoox.jpg

FB_IMG_1493483219913_zpswgwtrtpq.jpg

I use mashed potatos for icing and serve on plate of gravy.

For the longest time I've wanted to make a vegetarian meatloaf with soy based "hamburger". But I have no idea how the fuck your make a meatloaf lol. Like I don't want some basic ass shit. I want it to be very tasty and the best ever. What makes a meatloaf the best???

I also wanna make a shepherds pie. God I'm such a poverty ass bitch

For the longest time I've wanted to make a vegetarian meatloaf with soy based "hamburger". But I have no idea how the fuck your make a meatloaf lol. Like I don't want some basic ass shit. I want it to be very tasty and the best ever. What makes a meatloaf the best???

Actual meat

Back