Opinion I love the f@#k out of xmas but dont say 'Merry Christmas'

They just don’t want the PC virtue signal patrol to start a Twitter campaign to get them fired and lives ruined because they said a simple greeting that many don’t even associate with a religion anymore.

I do them the solid and say Merry Christmas so they can feel the joy of saying it back without having to worry about being attacked and labeled by the misguided souls of the new millenium.
A little hysterical, no? The most that might happen is someon is miffed.

....unless I am certain the person I say it to also celebrates Christmas. I do so because I consider it bad manners to impose my cultural traditions on another person. Well I hold no religious beliefs (aside from the meditation traditions of the east) I recognize that the holiday is at its heart a religious one and I would not like to presume a stranger's religious tradition.

Do you think saying Merry Christmas versus Happy Holidays is a matter that comes down to simple etiquette or are the implications more profound?

P.s. I fucking love Christmas. Merry Christmas all AND happy holidays!
Pps I dont get offended if a stranger says merry Christmas to me.

Christmas is part of our culture and its a bank holiday. Anybody who finds being wished a Merry Christmas [even if you're not religious just accept it with the generosity it was given and go about your day] "offensive" or they feel excluded [and these people go out of their way to exclude themselves from general society anyway] should make it their new year's goal to find a Country that doesn't celebrate Christmas and move there as soon as possible.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! FUCK YOU IF YOU'RE OFFENDED OR FEEL EXCLUDED.

IO Saturnalia, scorte (bitches)!

J9wEvEb.jpg

....unless I am certain the person I say it to also celebrates Christmas. I do so because I consider it bad manners to impose my cultural traditions on another person. Well I hold no religious beliefs (aside from the meditation traditions of the east) I recognize that the holiday is at its heart a religious one and I would not like to presume a stranger's religious tradition.

Do you think saying Merry Christmas versus Happy Holidays is a matter that comes down to simple etiquette or are the implications more profound?

I go with Merry Things meself, people don't completely understand but they don't complain so there's that

If someone gets offended by me saying "Merry Christmas", they are the one's with the problem and should seek help.

^^ another person successfully brainwashed into being too scared to say words .

How can somebody be offended by Christmas, lol? Even eastern heathens love christmas. People that hate Christmas are as stupid as Christians that hate Santa because he makes people forget about Jesus.
That's a silly reason to hate Santa but I do think that to an extent the imagery of Santa Claus can cheapen the holiday and tilt towards the consumerist side which I don't think is good. Its a fine balance because the traditions and rituals associated with Santa during Christmas can also work to inspire the spirit of gift giving which is good but I don't blame certain Christians for wanting to preserve the religious dimension of the holiday.

Because it totally takes over the entire culture. It is obnoxious. I don't want to hear a Christmas song again. Ever. But it is inescapable.
Last christmas, I gave you my heart, and the very next day, you gave it away...

There. Now you have to listen to that in your own head for the next week approximately. There is no escape.
I actually love Christmas songs and how ubiquitous they become this time of year, they're certainly better than a lot of the top 40 shit.

Is this honestly a big thing in America?
Not really, its a bit exaggerated by certain right wing echo chambers like talk radio because it fits into a larger right wing narrative, the narrative of an America where Christians believers are besieged on all sides by secular progressives. That narrative is not without merit, there are indeed areas and issues in society where Christians and their religious POV are marginalized. But the so called War on Christmas is a mountain made out of a mole hill. The true danger to Christmas is that its increasingly hollowed out and subordinated to the consumerist dimension of our culture. But for now I think Christmas has meaning beyond that

I'll break my own rule. Happy Christmas fuckers!

Any drunken christmas traditions anyone wants to share?

If someone says Merry Christmas to me, I growl ‘Happy Holidays’ in response... and vice versa.

Back