I love Khabib but his biggest win is against a 145lber

In better fashion getting wheeled kicked in the third?

I mean Kevin outwrestled and out grappled Edson better than Khabib did and stopped him.

Kevin did get caught, BUT its because unlike Khabib, he also stood with Edson and out struck him.

So if you want to grasp at that 1 kick as the defining moment in the fight where he was later finished then fine, im not here to change your opinion. Im only here to give a different perspective.

And to many fans we understand the risks associated with standing with a guy like Edson, we understand Kevin had all the abilities to grapple rape him for 5 just like Khabib, and appreciate that he was able to stand, and besides that kick, also won the stand up, something Khabib could not do...

Yeah.

The truth about Conor is he is a natural LW but just not that good... a .500 LW fighter.

He looked like Austwitz trying to get down to 145 and had the reach of a MW.

I don't think he could even make 145 at this age.

oKa11BG.jpg

You do realize fighters like Khabib and Kevin Lee look like Conor at 145lb while trying to make 155.

Conor making 155 looks healthy and still shows to have a higher than average BF% for a weight cut signaling that he could still cut several lbs very easily. While Khabib goes through siezures making weight.

Whether he could lose another 10lbs is questionable of course, its a big difference, but Conor is in no way a legitemate LW when we have guys like Khabib, Tony and Lee in there.

You do realize fighters like Khabib and Kevin Lee look like Conor at 145lb while trying to make 155.

Conor making 155 looks healthy and still shows to have a higher than average BF% for a weight cut signaling that he could still cut several lbs very easily. While Khabib goes through siezures making weight.

Whether he could lose another 10lbs is questionable of course, its a big difference, but Conor is in no way a legitemate LW when we have guys like Khabib, Tony and Lee in there.
All of a sudden he's not a natural LW because he lost when he beat Eddie i bet you thought he was a legitimate LW then.

Bringing up Khabib's second fight on the UFC which was 6 years ago and against a roided opponent doesn't really help your point, buddy.

Kevin Lee > Tibau though, wrestling is a very technical sport, and i dont see how Khabib would find outwrestling a far more explosive and technical fighter easier.

Khabib's wrestling is a bit overrated on here, atleast for the time being. I mean who has he out wrestled? Conor?? Edson?? Even MJ was never an accomplished wrestler. These aren't Amazing feats, Khabib has probably the best top game in the business, and why he gets away with a 60% TD accuracy, because when he gets you down, he really makes it count.

He also has a very underrated awkward striking defense. Many times we judge a fighters striking abilities on his offensive stand up skills, but if we look at Khabib striking defense it's actually really good and compliments his grappling incredibly well.

But the question is, if Kevin shuts down Khabib's wrestling game, will Khabib's defensive striking 1. Be as effective and 2. Be enough to win him the fight?

This is why this match so intriguing from a stylistic perspective and i would love to see how Khabib solves this puzzle

All of a sudden he's not a natural LW because he lost when he beat Eddie i bet you thought he was a legitimate LW then.

How much do you want to bet??

He was still 145lb champ. And unlike many here i thought he would fight at 145 again.

FYI if you look good and healthy at the weigh in, then your not at the right weight class

How much do you want to bet??

He was still 145lb champ. And unlike many here i thought he would fight at 145 again.

FYI if you look good and healthy at the weigh in, then your not at the right weight class
Then his ass should have stayed at 145 but no he wanted to be a 2 division champ don't move up if you cant hang with the big boys.

Your biggest win is that purple belt on sherdog.

Then his ass should have stayed at 145 but no he wanted to be a 2 division champ don't move up if you cant hang with the big boys.

Lol okay???

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I think you care about his losses more than i do.

Personally i hope he retires, think his better days are behind him, and he's too succesful outside the cage to show any serious drive.

Looks like his ambitions are somewhere else, and were left with him using the UFC as a marketing tool to promote his stuff, while we get a subpar performances

I like how people can discredit Conor's entire 145 pound UFC career because he was "too big". Dude never missed weight.

"I love Khabib but...."
And you already know it's a hater. Conor's best win is against a 145er as well.

I think it's a pretty clear battle between Tony and Khabib over who is the best LW in the world. You got 11-0 in UFC vs Tony on a 11 fight win streak and overall 14-1 in the UFC.

In their past 11 fights both have wins over RDA, Edson, Trujilo and Tibau. Although, Khabib has 4 UDs over those guys, Tony has finished 3/4. Tony also IMO has a more impressive win list with wins over Pettis, Lee and Punk. I personally think Tony has been more impressive in terms of performance and wins, but Khabib has been very dominant over his comp and won the title, so it evens out.

They gotta fight! Winner is #1.

Khabib has dominated his last how many fights includin Conor. He is the best because of the way he dominates on the ground and on the feet as of late. His striking is far underrated. Fighters all look the same after they figure out they have no answers

Just have to see who the ts is to know to not read the op

I mean Kevin outwrestled and out grappled Edson better than Khabib did and stopped him.

Kevin did get caught, BUT its because unlike Khabib, he also stood with Edson and out struck him.

So if you want to grasp at that 1 kick as the defining moment in the fight where he was later finished then fine, im not here to change your opinion. Im only here to give a different perspective.

And to many fans we understand the risks associated with standing with a guy like Edson, we understand Kevin had all the abilities to grapple rape him for 5 just like Khabib, and appreciate that he was able to stand, and besides that kick, also won the stand up, something Khabib could not do...
They both outsruck Edson, and both dominately outgrappled him. I’m not saying Lee is a terrible fighter, matter a fact he’s really good but to say Khabib hasn’t really beaten anyone then say he would need to fight someone like Lee who also hasn’t really beaten anyone by that logic is odd to me. Beating tony on the other hand is a great achievement and I would have to agree with you there.

What a bum post. He beat RDA before his prime and on top of that RDA is much bigger now at WW. Lets see him beat Kevin Lee of Tony before act like hes some unstopable force.

Yeah RDA on a 5 fight win streak fresh of a total trashing of Cowboy wasn't in his prime... <{cruzshake}>

Khabib is the new Conor.

No matter who he beat, people will say it was shit.
New Conor? Lol what? Khabib always been a can crasher on this forum. Every time before fight - MJ/Barboza/Conor will KO Khabib, look what he did with Dustin/Dariush/Alvarez, after - nuh MJ/Barboza/Conor is can, dude haven't any ground game.

Lee finished him in the fifth round. Khabib fought Edson in a 3 round fight. Had Lee fought Edson at a 3 rounder he would've won a 2-1 decision where the last round saw him do the chicken dance.

New Conor? Lol what? Khabib always been a can crasher on this forum. Every time before fight - MJ/Barboza/Conor will KO Khabib, look what he did with Dustin/Dariush/Alvarez, after - nuh MJ/Barboza/Conor is can, dude haven't any ground game.

But that's the point.

People talked shit about every Conor win.
Beats Poirier: oh, he'll be fucked up when he fights a wrestler.
Beats Mendes: Mendes came off the couch.
Beats Aldo: oh, Aldo is small, fluke win.
And so on.....

Back