I invented a term that is going to stick today.. "Narrative propaganda" is now a thing.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
In regards to CNN and BBC stories that are not newsworthy, but are shown solely for the narrative they create, the term "narrative propaganda" hereby replaces "fake news."

The story about the ad for the apartment that indicated "No Trump voters." It's not news-worthy, what one individual had a preference for living conditions. Not "news." The story itself may not be a lie, or "fake," but it's narrative propaganda.

BBC reporting on Angalina Jolie saying "We must reject xenophobia; America is more than Trump." She said it, but that doesn't make it news. It's only reported because it's narrative propaganda.

These stories run ALL DAY. Remember, call it "narrative propaganda" when you see it, and remember who said it today, first. It could also be pro-Trump, or something on Fox News. Fox News may have invented it 15 years ago; I don't know because I wouldn't watch Fox News until very recently.

But please, call out narrative propaganda where you see it, and make this phrase stick. The news needs to take these opinion pieces passed on as news and begin them with "One side of the debate states" or "One view on the matter is etc..." at a minimum, to keep their news from being 100% narrative propaganda.

Last edited:
I think both of the words you combined have the meaning you attribute to the final product. But I'll accept your PB&Jing and acknowledge that it is a thing, though the extent is arguable. I worry that a lot of news channels are trying for an almost "episodic" tone. Tune in tomorrow for the next edition of "The Trump Trainwreck"! Followed by a very special episode of 'Who's Doing the Raping?" Sponsored by Sony.

"Fake News" works just fine.

No.. Because the story about the 26 year old nobody who didn't want to live with Trump supporters wasn't a :fake" story; it, and the 40 stories like it every day are narrative propaganda.

propaganda vs propaganda

No.. Because the story about the 26 year old nobody who didn't want to live with Trump supporters wasn't a :fake" story; it, and the 40 stories like it every day are narrative propaganda.

Yes, but if the term is lessened, it has far less power. "Fake News" rustles their jimmies far more than "Narrative Propaganda". No need to technically define what they do. Just paint them with a harsh broad brush, until they smarten up.

That actually is a good one.

Will start using it.

Create twitter troll accounts and spam it and do the same everywhere. All you need is someone big and famous to say it and it will catch on.

May as well call it tabloid news.

Yes, but if the term is lessened, it has far less power. "Fake News" rustles their jimmies far more than "Narrative Propaganda". No need to technically define what they do. Just paint them with a harsh broad brush, until they smarten up.

It's easier for them to deny and deflect when the words don't exactly fit what it is they are doing. The word "fake" means something.. What they are doing may not meet the definition of "fake." They are pushing a narrative through propaganda. *Minnesota woman says "I won't let Trump violate the rights my mother marched for, and send us back 50 years.* See, if the women said that, isn't really "fake." It is just drilling in a false narrative.

Yeah lets just take propaganda and call it narrative propaganda instead, for reasons unknown... ... ...

#fakepost

I invented that

That actually is a good one.

Will start using it.

Create twitter troll accounts and spam it and do the same everywhere. All you need is someone big and famous to say it and it will catch on.
You'll see me saying it on CNN FB stories and crap, if you look.

And thank you.

Narrative Propaganda is too complicated a term for Trump to understand

Yeah lets just take propaganda and call it narrative propaganda instead, for reasons unknown... ... ...

Propaganda alone sounds too harsh. If a lady or guy actually said it, maybe it's not just propaganda.. But it all accumulates to push a narrative they are creating.

In regards to CNN and BBC stories that are not newsworthy, but are shown solely for the narrative they create, the term "narrative propaganda" hereby replaces "fake news."

The story about the ad for the apartment that indicated "No Trump voters." It's not news-worthy, what one individual had a preference for living conditions. Not "news." The story itself may not be a lie, or "fake," but it's narrative propaganda.

BBC reporting on Angalina Jolie saying "We must reject xenophobia; America is more than Trump." She said it, but that doesn't make it news. It's only reported because it's narrative propaganda.

These stories run ALL DAY. Remember, call it "narrative propaganda" when you see it, and remember who said it today, first. It could also be pro-Trump, or something on Fox News. Fox News may have invented it 15 years ago; I don't know because I wouldn't watch Fox News until very recently.

But please, call out narrative propaganda where you see it, and make this phrase stick. The news needs to take these opinion pieces passed on as news and begin them with "One side of the debate states" or "One view on the matter is etc..." at a minimum, to keep their news from being 100% narrative propaganda.

But the main thing, guys, is to remember that "narrative propaganda" wasn't a part of press coverage until Donald Trump became POTUS. :rolleyes:

So what would be the counter narrative propaganda, or do you suppose one side is fighting with a hand tied behind their back?

It's easier for them to deny and deflect when the words don't exactly fit what it is they are doing. The word "fake" means something.. What they are doing may not meet the definition of "fake." They are pushing a narrative through propaganda. *Minnesota woman says "I won't let Trump violate the rights my mother marched for, and send us back 50 years.* See, if the women said that, isn't really "fake." It is just drilling in a false narrative.

Yeah, but when they squirm, it's all the better. "Fake News", regardless of how true it is, forces them to make sure that their stories are on the up and up. It's an extreme denouncement that has stuck, and they should work that much harder to shed it. Giving them a technically accurate label doesn't have the same effect. They could just shrug it off.

Back