I have an issue with Dwight Howard

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As Dwights career appears to be winding down I look back on it, and I have a problem with it.

You know, I am sure Dwight is a nice guy. He seems laid back, a real nice guy just from an outside perspective. But to me his career has been an absolute waste.

The greatest center of all time in my opinion is Kareem Abdul Jabbar. This guy Dwight Howard during his prime years was bigger, stronger, faster, could jump higher and was literally superior to Kareem in every way, shape and form in a physical way. AND STILL he never got any better, from the time he got into the league to where we are today.

He STILL has no idea how to post up. Never bothered to learn during his prime years and has no clue even today. He was a great defensive player but in all other aspects of his game he never got better, instead he simply relied on his psychical advantages. He never became the dominating post player that he should have been simply because he did not want to. He never showed the drive to be any better and now its too late.

I'm a L.A. Laker fan and I remember when the Lakers beat a young Dwight Howard's Orlando team in the finals. I remember saying " man this guy is young but I think he can go down as an all time great center. Hes literally bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic than ANYONE his size AND theres no centers even close to him that can challenge him." But he never got any better. And his career basically went downhill after the one great season in Orlando

I think he might be one of the biggest wastes of talent I have ever seen. Great defensive player for a few years. But nothing more.

Agreed. When he was on the Magic, he was one of my favorite big men. He just never really seemed to have the ambition and drive to develop his game. I believe he would have been better off staying in Orlando and have a team build around him like they did that finals year.

stay-d12.jpg

I largely agree, although I thought it was obvious even when he was in Orlando. The only thing I can say is that he never had any touch on the ball. Even when he did use his limited post game, he had trouble finishing. And his defense was all athletic ability as well. He started sucking there when his gifts left him.

None of this should be surprising though. He's dumb. He never understood what he should have been learning. He stills acts like a kid. It's why he talks to teenage girls online.

He got caught messing with an underage girl. Their texts got leaked. One texted like a child and the other an adult. I'll let you guess

He doesn't have much between the ears

You know, I am sure Dwight is a nice guy. He seems laid back, a real nice guy just from an outside perspective. But to me his career has been an absolute waste.

The greatest center of all time in my opinion is Kareem Abdul Jabbar. This guy Dwight Howard during his prime years was bigger, stronger, faster, could jump higher and was literally superior to Kareem in every way, shape and form in a physical way. AND STILL he never got any better, from the time he got into the league to where we are today.

He STILL has no idea how to post up. Never bothered to learn during his prime years and has no clue even today. He was a great defensive player but in all other aspects of his game he never got better, instead he simply relied on his psychical advantages. He never became the dominating post player that he should have been simply because he did not want to. He never showed the drive to be any better and now its too late.

I think he might be one of the biggest wastes of talent I have ever seen. Great defensive player for a few years. But nothing more.

When I read your post, this was what Charles Barkley exactly said after Dwight's first season in Houston on Inside the NBA. Not sure if you also watched it, but word per word (almost) that's what he said.

When I read your post, this was what Charles Barkley exactly said after Dwight's first season in Houston on Inside the NBA. Not sure if you also watched it, but word per word (almost) that's what he said.
I haven't but Ill check it out. Like i said he seems like a good guy but my god what a waste. What's even more astonishing is that THERES NOT EVEN ANY GREAT CENTERS IN THE LEAGUE.

And he STILL didn't do anything

Dwert is quickly becoming one of the most underrated players in NBA history

He's an easy first ballot HOFer and was a legit top 3 player in the league for multiple seasons before his back gave out on him

Slight was never a top-3 player. He was a phenomenal rebounder and rim protector. His offense looked like every football player trying to play basketball. I think everyone recognizes that his physical gifts made him a valuable player for a long time. But TS is correct that he never improved on his skills.

fuck slight coward

stan the man sends his regards

Slight was never a top-3 player. He was a phenomenal rebounder and rim protector. His offense looked like every football player trying to play basketball. I think everyone recognizes that his physical gifts made him a valuable player for a long time. But TS is correct that he never improved on his skills.

Only player other than LeJuice to finish top 3 in win shares in both 2010 and 2011. He was a top 18 player in offensive win shares both seasons as well. So while refined offense was definitely his weakness, he still managed to be a very productive offensive player while also being the league's best defensive player by a tremendous margin (DPOY both years, #1 defensive rating both years, #1 defensive win shares both years). There's a reason why Orlando won 59 games with #1 SRS in 2010 and 52 games with #5 SRS in 2011 despite Dwert being their lone all-star

Dwert is quickly becoming one of the most underrated players in NBA history

He's an easy first ballot HOFer and was a legit top 3 player in the league for multiple seasons before his back gave out on him
lol at top 3 player. You realize there literally hasn't been a great center in the league since like 2008? And he still couldn't do a damn thing except one year.

He's been a baby back bitch ever since leaving Orlando.

He hurt his back and has never been quite the same but he gets shit on all the time even though he is an excellent rebounder. A 15-15 is hard to come by. Scorers are easy to find. That is why Dennis Rodman, but some stat guys was rated so highly.

He's still pretty good though I agree it's pretty sad how he never learned to do anything on offense other than dunk.

I think Charlotte might be a great fit for him. Slower pace. Probably coming in with reasonable expectations for the first time in his career. Teams kept expecting a franchise player and he's been on a cloud of delusion himself. I watched his In The Moment documentary thinking "is this supposed to make us like him?"

5 teams in 5 years should knock him off that and he'll play it like a role player now. He can still be a force defensively, on the boards, and around the hoop.

Howard, Rose, and Williams. Amazing starts to their careers that completely fell off

Back