Crime Internationally Famous Sycamore by Hadrian's Wall felled by Vandal

probably livestreamed it. just a prank, bro.

I only ask because I saw some people on Twitter say he was an immigrant but they were speculating as well.
Yeah, I just Google the demographics of the area, and figured it was a safe bet. 100% speculation on my part as well lol

the wave of sheer, slimy stupidity that will hit the world in the decades to come will be biblical

Agree. The complete focus on dopamine hits from notoriety and attention and the complete lack of appreciation for those displaying decency is already harming people immensely. Just wait until the countries are only inhabited by people brought up with those values. The pharmacies are going to be posting massive record profits, that's for sure.

Unpopular opinion:
I actually didn’t care for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

It was rubbish.

Update:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66966187

_131281414_bbc.jpg.webp

A man in his 60s has been arrested by police investigating the cutting-down of the world-famous Sycamore Gap tree in Northumberland.

Northumbria Police said the man was arrested on Friday evening and remains in custody assisting with inquiries.

A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage on Thursday and has since been released on bail, police said.

Update Two:

Two people have been charged in connection with the felling of the world-famous Sycamore Gap tree. Daniel Graham, 38, and Adam Carruthers, 31, both from Cumbria, have... been charged with criminal damage to the tree and also to the adjacent Hadrian's Wall.

The men were arrested last October and had been on bail since then, Northumbria Police said. The pair are due to appear before magistrates [in Newcastle] on the 15th of May.

Northumbria Police made a number of arrests in the wake of the felling of the tree, which happened overnight on the 27th and 28th of September. A teenager and man in his 60s were later both told that they will face no further action.

b25lY21zOjVjZGYxODQxLTljN2EtNDFkZi1iYzAyLWU5NjdhNDQyN2ZiNjpkNWU2NzNhMS00MTExLTQ0ZWUtOWIzNC03N2MzMmQ3NzQxMDc=.jpg

Detective Chief Inspector Rebecca Fenney said the force recognised 'the strength of feeling in the local community and further afield'. But she reminded people 'to avoid speculation, including online, which could impact the ongoing case'.

LOL, holy crap, what a wild coincidence for me. I was just ranting about this crime yesterday, I forgot how that conversation got started, but somehow I got onto the topic of the Alabama fan who cut down the tree at Old Miss, which reminded me of this crime, when I remembered it I was fuming, and then this morning, out of the blue, I come here to see this update.

Awesome. Fuck those guys.

LOL, holy crap, what a wild coincidence for me. I was just ranting about this crime yesterday, I forgot how that conversation got started, but somehow I got onto the topic of the Alabama fan who cut down the tree at Old Miss, which reminded me of this crime, when I remembered it I was fuming, and then this morning, out of the blue, I come here to see this update.

Awesome. Fuck those guys.
Also the Bama-Man who poisoned the Auburn trees.

Roll Damn Tide

Also the Bama-Man who poisoned the Auburn trees.

Roll Damn Tide
No, no, that's the one I was referencing. Fucking Old Miss. I knew I was getting something wrong, too. Fucked that up yesterday in the conversation as well.

LOL, that was such a great call to the radio DJ. I remember I couldn't understand a thing the dude was saying, he was like Boomhauer on King of the Hill, except that final shibboleth..."Roll Tide." Laughed my fucking ass off the first time I heard that played on ESPN.

No, no, that's the one I was referencing. Fucking Old Miss. I knew I was getting something wrong, too. Fucked that up yesterday in the conversation as well.

LOL, that was such a great call to the radio DJ. I remember I couldn't understand a thing the dude was saying, he was like Boomhauer on King of the Hill, except that final shibboleth..."Roll Tide." Laughed my fucking ass off the first time I heard that played on ESPN.
LOL right? It is forever a part of my lexicon every time I think of the crimson tide.

Y'all put some respect on Harvey Updyke.

Update Three

Daniel Graham, 38, of Carlisle and Adam Carruthers, 31,

0_Sycamore-Gap-tree-felled-court-case.jpg

Graham-and-Carruthers-5375192.avif

Left = Graham, Right = Carruthers in both pictures

of Wigton attended a hearing at Newcastle Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after being charged with criminal damage for allegedly cutting down the tree.

Graham entered pleas of not guilty, while Carruthers entered no plea.

The criminal damage caused by chopping down the landmark has been valued at more than £620,000, according to court charges.

The defendants are also accused of causing £1,144 worth of damage to Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which was hit by the falling tree.

The district judge, Zoe Passfield, declined jurisdiction, saying: “This case is too serious to be heard in the Magistrates' Court.”

The pair will attend Newcastle Crown Court on the 12th of June for their next hearing, and they were both granted unconditional bail in the meantime.

Back