I can't believe how much DC is MMA's sweetheart

You're right. I would say it's not even genuine "like", they don't hate him, but they just "support" him because of Jones.

You don't get a monicker by the fans like the "Black Fedor" without being highly regarded.

They both look bad as of late but you can't argue that Jones saying he would kill Cormier if he spit in his face doesn't trump all the shit DC has pulled.

Only if you don't understand hyperbole and are goofy enough to think he actually meant he would literally kill him. Especially in a hypothetical both men knew was never going to happen as DC said he would love if the producers would unlock the door so he could go in there and spit in Jones' face.

You seriously have never heard people misuse the word 'literally' all the time? Or use it in a threat when they don't actually intend on committing murder. I swear half this place acts like women that grab a single word in an argument, even knowing it wasn't meant how they claim, and then just never let it go. Yes I know you dislike Jones but try ging by merit and not fake moral offense meant for show. These were two pro-fighters talking shit to each other. Try using some common sense and perspective. Someone should do a poll so others can see who thinks Jones was making an actual death threat against DC. I want to forward the results to the local health departments as obviously these people are in need of psychiatric help or their stupidity poses a danger to public safety.

Is Cormier smashing everyone or just Jones? Cormier seems to be super chill and nice, and has an angel smile. Jones seems like a spoiled american version of Michael Bisping. They both can and will make mistakes, that doesn't take away that Cormier is overall likable and super nice and Jones a younger version of Bisping.

Is Cormier smashing everyone or just Jones? Cormier seems to be super chill and nice, and has an angel smile. Jones seems like a spoiled american version of Michael Bisping. They both can and will make mistakes, that doesn't take away that Cormier is overall likable and super nice and Jones a younger version of Bisping.

Yeah, Cormier is superchill. He never pushes people.

I'm calling it right now...H-bomb on Jones, and then another H-bomb when Jones is lying unconscience....then DC spits on him.

DC comes off to be more of a fake to me than Jones.

[YT]jPVOVfjLGVQ[/YT]

Geeez, does it work now?

I see you condemn threatening to spit in someone's face but not the death threat.

Nothing to see here, fellas. Just another Jones lover thread.

Is normal.

First off, in no way am I condoning Jones' actions, I just want to adress this redicilous double-standard and irrational love for Cormier which also falls in line with the hate for Jones.

Cormier assaults Jones with the push(second time he does this outside the ring which nobody mentions) and only Jones gets hate and should be punished. Lets also forget that along with spitting in a man's face, Daniel also likes throwing shoes at them from a distance.

Cormier is this high-class Fox commentator and middle class gentleman yet he's a violent hothead who wants SPIT in another man's face. And yet, only Jones is the one who is called fake, and only Jones gets hate for a silly ball busting comment like 'hey p***y'.

Where does it end with you mma fans? If Cormier stomps on a kid's testicles in front of Jones and Jon calls him a scumbag for it, will you only crusify Jones for name-calling? Seems like Carlton gets a free pass for everything.

The ONLY good thing that has come out of this is that MMA fans are not racist since they hate and love two black guys.

EDIT-Somebody has just posted a video where Cormier poked a guy's nose repeatedly in a wrestling match. I guess his recent outbursts aren't new to his personality.

Also yes he called Jones a pussy back.

And yet only Jones is the one who is called fake and DC stays loved. SO far it seems like they are both at fault for every single thing Jones is accused of. LOL mma fans.

I dont think you understand what fake means, no one is saying both men are class acts one talks and carries himself the same from interview to interview the others voice and demeanor is constantly changing to the point of hypocrisy.

I see you condemn threatening to spit in someone's face but not the death threat.

Is normal.

I care about neither. Only in Murica & USSR, I think. ;)

i've never understood this 'jones is an arrogant bastard' thing. he seems a decent enough person.
DC is teacher's new pet. since chael went dana has to have a puppet and someone to love.
he does have rousey of course, but he likes a male pet as well.

dc told jj that he could beat all the guys jj beat. that's disrespectful. top of that he dissed mma. i really hope jj cracks his skull open.

If you look back at who started it - Jones insulted DC saying he could out wrestle him the first time they met back when DC was a heavyweight .

i've never understood this 'jones is an arrogant bastard' thing. he seems a decent enough person.
DC is teacher's new pet. since chael went dana has to have a puppet and someone to love.
he does have rousey of course, but he likes a male pet as well.

One example of many- The guy was on Max Kellerman's radio show and went on a legit ten minute rant about how he thinks he could beat the Klitchko brothers in a boxing match, he even continued on about going into boxing after he accomplished his MMA goals and believing he should challenge for the title immediately. Mind you, he was totally 100 percent having a serious conversation....you could even hear Max struggling hard not to say, "WTF are you talking about." Then three months later out of no where, Jones decides to say he was just playing. Now if that doesn't scream DOUCHEBAG, then I don't know what does.

If you look back at who started it - Jones insulted DC saying he could out wrestle him the first time they met back when DC was a heavyweight .

Not much different from when he said he could out box the Klitchko brothers....Note story above. ^^^

Not much different from when he said he could out box the Klitchko brothers....Note story above. ^^^

Have you ever competed in an individual sport? Wrestling, boxing, MMA, etc?

Dodson was quoted as saying he could beat Overeem

Athletes, that compete at a high level and/or want to make it to the top, need to have an insane level of confidence. But I doubt you could find a single fighter in the UFC that doesn't think he can beat guys he probably can't. Matt Brown said he fought guys just as talented as Robbie Lawler, but they simply were not as accomplished as Robbie's competition

The chickenshit stuff people blow out of proportion on here and turn into something it isn't is amusing. Worse case scenario his belief in his own ability is delusional. How does that make him a douchebag? Again, you can probably say the same for every fighter. But it is why they are fighting for a living and why others are psychoanalyzing them on the Internet. A fighter too confident in himself? Stop the presses! I mean seriously, wtf?

Only if you don't understand hyperbole and are goofy enough to think he actually meant he would literally kill him. Especially in a hypothetical both men knew was never going to happen as DC said he would love if the producers would unlock the door so he could go in there and spit in Jones' face.

You seriously have never heard people misuse the word 'literally' all the time? Or use it in a threat when they don't actually intend on committing murder. I swear half this place acts like women that grab a single word in an argument, even knowing it wasn't meant how they claim, and then just never let it go. Yes I know you dislike Jones but try ging by merit and not fake moral offense meant for show. These were two pro-fighters talking shit to each other. Try using some common sense and perspective. Someone should do a poll so others can see who thinks Jones was making an actual death threat against DC. I want to forward the results to the local health departments as obviously these people are in need of psychiatric help or their stupidity poses a danger to public safety.

You're the second person here lately to assume that I hate Jones. I'm a huge Jones fan, check my post history if you don't believe me. I've supported him through a lot of stuff and will continue to do so. It doesn't mean I won't show objectivity and call him on the dumb shit he occasionally says and does.

Do I think Jones would actually do it or try? Do I think that's what he meant? No, but that doesn't really matter. And if we're going by merit, I also never thought Jones would've driven drunk and crashed his prized Bentley. Anyway, a death threat, no matter how figurative or intended to be carried out, is kind of an extreme thing to throw out there.

Spitting in someone's face is a bitch move, no doubt, as is threatening to do it, but when someone threatens you with that and your first response is to go into your quiet place and when you think no one else is watching or listening say that you'll kill them, it's a bit difficult to say the other guy should be focused on or bear the brunt of the criticism regarding the exchange.

I will say that I do like your little spiel about common sense and perspective when you had an extremely narrow interpretation of what I said based on assumptions and your own lack of critical thinking. Good show. Keep up the work big guy.

You're the second person here lately to assume that I hate Jones. I'm a huge Jones fan, check my post history if you don't believe me. I've supported him through a lot of stuff and will continue to do so. It doesn't mean I won't show objectivity and call him on the dumb shit he occasionally says and does.

Unless there is a search option I am unaware of I have no idea why people say to check their post history. How would I go about doing that? Just randomly pulling up back threads and looking for posts from you? Obviously nobody will do that so it is kind of a meaningless suggestion.

Do I think Jones would actually do it or try? Do I think that's what he meant? No, but that doesn't really matter. And if we're going by merit, I also never thought Jones would've driven drunk and crashed his prized Bentley. Anyway, a death threat, no matter how figurative or intended to be carried out, is kind of an extreme thing to throw out there.

Spitting in someone's face is a bitch move, no doubt, as is threatening to do it, but when someone threatens you with that and your first response is to go into your quiet place and when you think no one else is watching or listening say that you'll kill them, it's a bit difficult to say the other guy should be focused on or bear the brunt of the criticism regarding the exchange.

I will say that I do like your little spiel about common sense and perspective when you had an extremely narrow interpretation of what I said based on assumptions and your own lack of critical thinking. Good show. Keep up the work big guy.
And there you have it. You know he didn't really mean he was going to try to murder DC if DC engaged in a hypothetical both men knew was never happening as the producers were not going to unlock the door to let him do that. Yet despite knowing he didn't mean it here you are still trying to claim it is so serious. It is no more serious than saying he would beat his ass bad if that is what he meant by it. What are you, the vagina word police? You know what he meant. Stop trying to blow it out of proportion.

And please elaborate on how you think my critical thinking was off. I don't think you know what that term means. You have just admitted you know he didn't mean it yet want to consider it more serious despite that. Stick to your word of the day calendar. The phrases seem to be a bit much for you

Such a ridiculous post, and shows that you obviously don't get it. I know its difficult to understand why people don't like what you like.

The main reason why DC is liked more, is because he doesn't come off as a tool, whereas Jones on the other hand has had so many moments where he just puts he's own foot in his mouth and looks like a douche bag in the process. This is the reason why people dislike Jones, you just don't see that because you're a super fan boy.

Did you not see the part where I said I don't care for either fighter? I am far from a fan boy of Jones and have rooted against him plenty. IMO Cormier comes off as just as big of a "tool" as Jones. You obviously can't see that because anyone that isn't pulling for Cormier is "a super fan boy" of Jones.

Is normal.

I went over this.

It's extremely obvious that Jones wasn't actually being serious while Cormier's threat was very specific and nowhere near outrageous enough to be unbelievable. After all, this is the same guy that pushes people that come too close to his Godliness and throws shoes at them like he's the Arab journalist that assaulted Bush.

Maybe you have asperger syndrome and therefor have no ability to read social cues.

Back