I can't believe how much DC is MMA's sweetheart

A person pressing their head against another person's head in a threatening way is assault.

"Assault
An intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact."

You are wrong.
That's true. One way to look at it is imagine what a cop would do to someone who did that.

That's true. One way to look at it is imagine what a cop would do to someone who did that.

imagine what a cop would do if 2 people were fighting inside a cage?

a cop would do nothing. it was a media event with 2 fighters, not a random confrontation on the street.

where did they establish the terms of their agreement?

I'm not sure but DC was at the staredown so I'm sure somewhere along the lines he agreed to be there. Could've been verbal or contract.

But let's not go off topic, can we both agree that DC and Jones agreed to a staredown? I think that's a safe bet seeing as how they both showed up. But the question is did they agree to smoosh heads? I'm thinking based on Cormier's reaction that they did not agree to smoosh heads.

So they agreed to a staredown and then Jones assaulted Cormier during that staredown. Please tell me where you think I went wrong.

I'm not sure but DC was at the staredown so I'm sure somewhere along the lines he agreed to be there. Could've been verbal or contract.

But let's not go off topic, can we both agree that DC and Jones agreed to a staredown? I think that's a safe bet seeing as how they both showed up. But the question is did they agree to smoosh heads? I'm thinking based on Cormier's reaction that they did not agree to smoosh heads.

So they agreed to a staredown and then Jones assaulted Cormier during that staredown. Please tell me where you think I went wrong.

if jones got within an inch and dc pushed him, would that prove that jones got closer than they agreed?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/assaults-2798247/

did they agree? or was the agreement established only after the reaction?

it's not assault. there's no more expectation of imminent harm because he leaned his head in to touch heads. it's not a rational expectation that he was in danger. it's not assault.

Jones didn't shove DC and Pat and throw a shoe. Also, Jones didn't threaten to literally spit in his face.

Shoving Fake Anik, Throwing a Punch, and Threatening to Literally Kill someone is far worse than throwing a shoe and threatening to spit in someone's face.

if jones got within an inch and dc pushed him, would that prove that jones got closer than they agreed?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/assaults-2798247/

did they agree? or was the agreement established only after the reaction?

it's not assault. there's no more expectation of imminent harm because he leaned his head in to touch heads. it's not a rational expectation that he was in danger. it's not assault.

Ok. I see your point. I change my view then, Jones didn't assault Cormier with the head smoosh, but I wouldn't consider the shove by DC an assault either then. But Jones throwing a punch and rushing DC, definitely assault.

You also forgot this:

20ptx84.gif

Lmao

Not surprising that Swedes generally don't make any difference between instigating and retaliating. There's a huge difference between the two.

I doubt that very much.

I never said there wasn't a difference, so I fail to see the relevance.

Then you are slightly bereft of reality.

Shoving Fake Anik, Throwing a Punch, and Threatening to Literally Kill someone is far worse than throwing a shoe and threatening to spit in someone's face.

I didn't realize this was a contest. Point is that Cormier has a fair share of doucheness himself. Or how about when he said he would target Jones injuries? Classy, right?

I didn't realize this was a contest. Point is that Cormier has a fair share of doucheness himself. Or how about when he said he would target Jones injuries? Classy, right?

All is fair in Love and War.

Well Cormier seems to be much more genuine than Jones as a person in general. I know its hard to tell a person for who they are on TV, but there are some subtleties that you can pick up on. Sure, Dan may do things that are stupid and rash, but he at least stands behind his actions without trying to play the PR game as much as Jones. Cormier seems like he knows himself and doesn't apologize for it.

So that was actually DC, nice. Someone shoop him in here with that laughing gif.

2503710-8241374054-13914.gif

Jones is in a tough spot, he has just come across so fake that now he really can't even play the "heel" properly. Guys like Bisping got tons of hate but were eventually respected because they were true to themselves and always wore the same shoes per say, and were comfortable being the "heel" I think Jones just wants to be portrayed as something he's not while Cormier doesn't seem to care

That's just his way of saying that he would hurt him very badly. He obviously doesn't mean he'd actually kill him, you'd be autistic to believe that. Cormier on the other hand sounds very specific and genuine when he says that he would spit in Jones' face. I would not expect better from a guy who assaults people outside the ring, throws shoes at them and want to spit in their faces just for being called the p-word.

He said literally, which means literal, which is synonymous with exact. He stressed LITERALLY multiple times.

So, going on this fact, either he is just as ignorant of the English language as his fanboys, or he meant he would literally try to kill Cormier.

Nice try though.

It's called hyping up the fight TS.

Jones and Cormier should both be free from being condemned for their actions.

This is a COMBAT sport!! if you want 2 people to sing Kum Ba Yah to each other, watch something else.

Because DC doesn't apologize 30 minutes later with a fake ass voice. DC keeps it real and say's he'll do it again. Jones will apologize then threaten to murder DC

This is sad but true.

Plus, DC only does it during fight promotions.

I never said there wasn't a difference, so I fail to see the relevance.

Then you are slightly bereft of reality.

So... Your argument is entirely based on speculation then. Great :)

So... Your argument is entirely based on speculation then. Great :)

Inference from observable data, rather.
But speculation should be familiar ground for Jones' haters. They quite freely speculate about his intentions and motivations.

Back