I Applaud Daniel Cormier & Conor McGregor For Writing The Book

so DC's wins at HW have something to do with his LHW all time ranking? Doesn't make sense. I like DC and personally think he's one of the best fighters in the sport today. But that doesn't mean he's the best LHW ever or even in contention for that based on his resume. He's fought like 5 diff people at that weight class and 2 were middle weights.
Who beats prime lhw dc from any era?

on "How To Be Great Without Doing As Much Work As The Rest."

DC hasn't even fought 5 Top 10 LHWs, and he and the MMA community already think he is the second greatest LHW ever. The same with Conor, why beat all the Top 10 guys in the division, when you can beat one champ and take all his glory.

LOL
No one with half a brain actually thinks that. Only bandwagon fans feel that way, though to your point, MMA is full of bandwagon fans.

Who beats prime lhw dc from any era?

Jones.

but, in reality, 'who would beat him' or any sort of fantasy style match-ups you make have no bearing on ACTUAL fight resume. It doesn't matter if you think DC beats Liddell or Wanderlei or Shogun, the FACT of the matter is, he has yet to surpass those men based on his fighting resume at 205 lbs.

Jones.

but, in reality, 'who would beat him' or any sort of fantasy style match-ups you make have no bearing on ACTUAL fight resume. It doesn't matter if you think DC beats Liddell or Wanderlei or Shogun, the FACT of the matter is, he has yet to surpass those men based on his fighting resume at 205 lbs.
Cummins, Hendo, Silva, Johnson x2, Gus, Jones x2 is a great schedule in any era.

Cummins, Hendo, Silva, Johnson x2, Gus, Jones x2 is a great schedule in any era.

He lost to Jones 2x, Hendo and Anderson are both middleweights, and Patrick Cummins is lolworthy if you think that's part of a "great" schedule.

His wins over Gus and Rumble 2x are solid (even though the 2nd Rumble fight, Rumble admitted to basically only coming out for a paycheck). That's all he has. That isn't "great".

Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem, Arona in a 4 month span, now THAT, is great.

I legit thought McGregor and Cormier had co-written a piece of literature

so DC's wins at HW have something to do with his LHW all time ranking? Doesn't make sense. I like DC and personally think he's one of the best fighters in the sport today. But that doesn't mean he's the best LHW ever or even in contention for that based on his resume. He's fought like 5 diff people at that weight class and 2 were middle weights.

So is he the 2nd greatest HW ever or do only one of his weight classes wins count for something??

This is even more stupid than P4P rankings

So is he the 2nd greatest HW ever or do only one of his weight classes wins count for something??

This is even more stupid than P4P rankings

lol no, not 2nd best HW ever either. His resume there isn't amazing either.

Best and greatest are two different things. His total LHW resume doesn't quite stack up to many others as he entered the division in his mid to late 30s, but I'm not sure if there is a single LHW in history (other than Jones) who I'd pick to beat him (also, in terms of elite wins, Rumble x2 and Gustafsson stack up well to any other elite wins in LHW history).

Hey mods why haven't you banned this clown yet?

Some people think the skill level is just higher than it used to be. It is at least partly true. Example of the idea in another subject: Older militaries do not beat newer militaries.

I think that in sports, wins and losses are often seen not as just numbers, but as mere details in the overall narrative that is being constructed. Sometimes that narrative is written and reshaped in real-time, and sometimes history is rewritten retroactively, to better suit a story someone is trying to tell (to themselves or others).

Quite a pretentious way to say that people's opinions of fighters change by the day/fight or, in some cases, when looking back on their careers in order to create a certain perception of said fighter. This is Sherdog. Stop with your eleven-letter words and fancy book learnin'.

Best and greatest are two different things. His total LHW resume doesn't quite stack up to many others as he entered the division in his mid to late 30s, but I'm not sure if there is a single LHW in history (other than) who I'd pick to beat him (also, in terms of elite wins, Rumble x2 and Gustafsson stack up well to any other elite wins in LHW history).

Again, the fantasy match-ups don't matter. It's about their resume. And no, beating Rumble 2x and Gus doesn't compare to other LHW's.

Pakman is one dumb mkfer lol. Who can beat DC outside of Jones? Umm no one. Your drunk, go to bed.

Again, the fantasy match-ups don't matter. It's about their resume. And no, beating Rumble 2x and Gus doesn't compare to other LHW's.

Well, they do if you're trying to ascertain the "best" LHW in history. If you're talking "great", then yeah, resumes certainly are the primary concern. Cormier's three elite wins at LHW do not stack up badly to other elite LHW wins in the sport's history. Prime Rumble and Gustafsson would have a very good chance of beating many of the "great" LHWs in the sport's brief history.

Back