I Applaud Daniel Cormier & Conor McGregor For Writing The Book

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
on "How To Be Great Without Doing As Much Work As The Rest."

DC hasn't even fought 5 Top 10 LHWs, and he and the MMA community already think he is the second greatest LHW ever. The same with Conor, why beat all the Top 10 guys in the division, when you can beat one champ and take all his glory.

This is genius. Wait for a fighter to build his legacy, beat him and take all his glory (Conor vs Aldo). If you don't win, then his shine rubs of on you (DC vs Turinajones).

This is why Tyron Woodley wants to concuss GSP so badly. He is smart enough to know if he wins that fight, then he takes GSP's legacy with him. If he loses, some of GSP's shine rubs off on him anyways.

48 Laws Of Power 101. LOL

DC is on the run of becoming the goat LHW. Just needs to beat Volkan and Gus again.

He already broke Jones mentally.

I think that in sports, wins and losses are often seen not as just numbers, but as mere details in the overall narrative that is being constructed. Sometimes that narrative is written and reshaped in real-time, and sometimes history is rewritten retroactively, to better suit a story someone is trying to tell (to themselves or others).

It's true. If you beat fighter X you kind of win their hype and you make a name off beating them.

Beating hyped up fighters in front of millions of people is going to be great for your name/career.

DC is on the run of becoming the goat LHW. Just needs to beat Volkan and Gus again.

So, beating the same guys, and losing to the same guy make you great? I don't get it. The bar has been severely lowered, just to let a "classy guy" into Valhalla.

So, beating the same guys, and losing to the same guy make you great? I don't get it. The bar has been severely lowered, just to let a "classy guy" into Valhalla.
That's how Chuck became great. He lost to the same guys and beat the same guys over and over.

You don't get it because you're a newbie.

DC hasn't even fought 5 Top 10 LHWs, and he and the MMA community already think he is the second greatest LHW ever. The same with Conor, why beat all the Top 10 guys in the division, when you can beat one champ and take all his glory.

This is genius. Wait for a fighter to build his legacy, beat him and take all his glory (Conor vs Aldo). If you don't win, then his shine rubs of on you (DC vs Turinajones).

This is why Tyron Woodley wants to concuss GSP so badly. He is smart enough to know if he wins that fight, then he takes GSP's legacy with him. If he loses, some of GSP's shine rubs off on him anyways.

DC started his career at HW, went undefeated

Conor has fought at 3 different weight classes

You are making claims based on them not beating a certain amount of guys in a division but they are both guys that move around divisions....good try tho

this is so far from the truth it's not even funny.

DC needs to beat Volkan, Gus again, and probably 3 more top LHW's to even get to 2nd or 3rd place.

DC started his career at HW, went undefeated

Conor has fought at 3 different weight classes

You are making claims based on them not beating a certain amount of guys in a division but they are both guys that move around divisions....good try tho

so DC's wins at HW have something to do with his LHW all time ranking? Doesn't make sense. I like DC and personally think he's one of the best fighters in the sport today. But that doesn't mean he's the best LHW ever or even in contention for that based on his resume. He's fought like 5 diff people at that weight class and 2 were middle weights.

This is why sjw's run rampant nowadays.

Someone like this guy misinterprets something from a credible source/document, and reconfigures the wording to suit his delusion.

Then the others, with the same intelligence, cling on and scream rah rah rah together.

And the motive is to always, always bring down the man. To find more appalling ways to being down the man.

Dont work harder, work smarter.
That's how I have done it all my life. If it is hard, then I shouldn't be doing i
I think that in sports, wins and losses are often seen not as just numbers, but as mere details in the overall narrative that is being constructed. Sometimes that narrative is written and reshaped in real-time, and sometimes history is rewritten retroactively, to better suit a story someone is trying to tell (to themselves or others).
The media creates the narrative that gets them the most clicks and revenue. This is why I started looking at the records.

It's not DC's fault that him and Jones keep crushing contenders. Now with Jones out of the picture Cormier will be able to prove how dominant he is over the LHW division

The media creates the narrative that gets them the most clicks and revenue. This is why I started looking at the records.

I agree, very often it's all about creating a dramatic story that will get the widest audience. It really is "sports entertainment" - not in an obvious, over-the-top way of professional wrestling, but in the way that "larger-than-life characters" and "unbelievable stories of overcoming all odds" are constructed out of actual peoples' lives and accomplishments.

They beat the guy's put in front of them so.........

Jones broke himself mentally.....Jones has had DC broken since their first fight....and now....if Jones is gone for 4 years....DC will never get another chance to unbreak himself as it concerns Jon

Back