How was MW Anderson able to eat these numerous bombs from LHW Bader?

Reem and Lesnar, 2 of the biggest glass chins who happen to be 2 of the biggest steroid users. Flawed theory there, bro.
Lesnar had terrible instincts/reactions to being hit but if anything, evidence suggest he has a damn good chin.
Fought Reem, Cain, Hunt and Carwin and no one put him to sleep. I don't see how's that not above average at least.

Anderson ate bombs from prime JDS in sparring all the time. This was around the late 00s at blackhouse, this is what started to decline his chin and soon after that he got rocked for the first time by Chael Sonnen of all people.

It was a mistake regularly sparring one of the hardest hitting HW's of all time(and other HW's and LHW's) with no headgear.

Easy for fighters to not get KO'd by punches they see coming.

I think that's part of the reason that "throw your best punch at me" type of moments don't end up with KO'd guys on the floor.

Because you anticipate the punch and react to it appropriately.

One way roids can help your ability to take a shot is that since your neck muscles react well to steroids, your delts etc can become very strong. The stronger your neck muscles, the less your head will be swung around when hit and therefore will have a smaller effect. Not THAT big of a difference if you count in tecnique and such, but there is a reason that Mayweather and other boxers train their neck muscles a lot. Chin tucked.

Anderson just had a great chin. Not to mention how evasive he was.

For the record Bader was throwing some great combinations,

novitzkyweb7s-1-web.jpg

It’s not the power so much as that placement. Weidmans caught him right on the edge of the jaw, snapping his head back

He can’t get a TD after the first round.
He got outstruck from the bottom in the first round.

I can’t see it at all.

Andersons Nuts are blocking your view. He got out struck and dropped by Chael Sonnen but you dont think Wiedman was good enough to beat Silva down. Even though he has done so twice. Lmao.

Increased thickness of temporalis and masseter muscles reduces the whiplash effect when taking punches.
It's discussed and analyzed in the research paper "protective buttressing of the hominin face".

Androgenic/anabolic steroids do increase your ability to take a punch. There are enough examples in MMA to draw from as well.

Increased thickness of temporalis and masseter muscles reduces the whiplash effect when taking punches.
It's discussed and analyzed in the research paper "protective buttressing of the hominin face".

Androgenic/anabolic steroids do increase your ability to take a punch. There are enough examples in MMA to draw from as well.

I always suspected as much. Guys like Hendo going from iron chin while on trt to getting kod left and right off of it. And many other examples of fighters having similar issues.

The way Anderson was with his striking was just different. So awesome. At his best he just had such supreme confidence, it rattled most of his opponents before they even were in the cage with him. It seemed no matter how well you were doing you weren't hurting him and you were about to lose. Pity about the roiding, he was the most devastating striker i'd ever seen in the cage

Back