How threatening was Sadam Hosein to the world?

Huge threat

to iraqis

Yep specially to the Kurds, I am not sure about the Kurds if they are extremist type or anti western but from what I have read they are kinda moderate politically this days.

Erbil got some economic boost after Saddam was ousted and had some development but all that has slowed down and now the Kurds are in trouble again it seems.

Iraq needed that kind of Strongman leader. So did Libya. Unfortunately they still do.

Thankfully Syria still has Assad.

The entire middle east is now destabilized and it is flooding the world with shitholers.

I sometimes wonder what the 'arab spring' would havd looked like in saddam's iraq if the US never invaded.

Just trying to imagine the chaos with the iranians backing the Shia, the Saudis backing Saddam and his Sunni. Would the US have armed the shia and in turn help Iran to get rid of Saddam or would they back Saddam to contain Iran like the 80s? Interesting scenario.

Iraq has the oldest pyramid ever known, star gate stuff, Saddam was restoring it and getting closer to its powers.

Iraq was also the most western country in the middle East during its time.
They were processing rapidly

Not a threat to the world.
But the world around him, that entire region, he was a disaster.
A disaster for his own people. And he invaded Kuwait to loot it and pay for his army, which he couldn't, because the war with Iran had been so costly.
He was a threat.
Contained as far as the US was concerned but an unstable leader in that region commanding the sixth largest army in the world.

I believe the real story is that Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraqi territory and stealing his oil, he invaded to stop that. But maybe it was a bit column A and a bit of B.

I remember back in the early 90s people are scared of him and even in our country there are some fears that Sadam will use some poison gas against Saudi and other neighboring countries he was blamed for the oil price increase during that time and was depicted as a villain by the local media and always made fun of by local comedians etc,

Is he really that a global threat?

6a00d8341bf8f353ef017ee99349ad970d.jpg.size.xxxlarge.promo.jpg

3a.jpg

He was continuing to gain strength and influence through the "Oil for Food" scandal, while the U.S. did nothing about it for years. And those chemical weapons ended up in Assad's hands instead when we stamped him out.

About as scary and harmful to America as that evil marijuana.

I remember back in the early 90s people are scared of him and even in our country there are some fears that Sadam will use some poison gas against Saudi and other neighboring countries he was blamed for the oil price increase during that time and was depicted as a villain by the local media and always made fun of by local comedians etc,

3a.jpg

I would say that murdering the man created a bigger threat than he ever posed himself. The region needed a man like Saddam in power. He provided stability. After he was killed we saw the rise of ISIS and watched Iraq become a dangerous place. He really wasn’t any worse of a leader than Obama or Bush.

RIP Saddam

He was a regional threat, he wasn't exporting terrorism like Saudi Arabia or using stolen passports from other countries as a part of an international assassination ring. His great crime was messing with the global oil racket by attacking Kuwait.

And so he had to get whacked.

He held many meetings for foreign terror groups like the Abu Nadal Org, while supporting terrorist groups that fought against Turkey, and Iran, while supporting anti peace Palestinian terror groups like Mujahadeen E Khalq and Kurdistan Worker's Party. He made his nation a safe haven for numerous foreign wanted terror leaders.

He held many meetings for foreign terror groups like the Abu Nadal Org, while supporting terrorist groups that fought against Turkey, and Iran, while supporting anti peace Palestinian terror groups like Mujahadeen E Khalq and Kurdistan Worker's Party. He made his nation a safe haven for numerous foreign wanted terror leaders.
They’ve only heard of aq and the Taliban. They base all their opinions on that.

Not a threat to the world.
But the world around him, that entire region, he was a disaster.
A disaster for his own people. And he invaded Kuwait to loot it and pay for his army, which he couldn't, because the war with Iran had been so costly.
He was a threat.
Contained as far as the US was concerned but an unstable leader in that region commanding the sixth largest army in the world.

He invaded Kuwait because they had been diagonally drilling from their side into Iraqi oil reserves. They were stealing his oil and he invaded to stop it.

edit tropodan beat me to it.

3a.jpg

You mean Sadam Hoisin (learn to spell homie) Is that the dude that invented Hoisin sauce? Not too dangerous unless you want to avoid sodium

If I were you I would be more concern about Samuel Bagoong. (the dude that invented Bagoong) First of all that stuff is nasty and second of all it is hard as hell to pronounce

it's much safer now without him...proof he was really really bad.

They’ve only heard of aq and the Taliban. They base all their opinions on that.

I bet people think I'm some huge Bush supporter now. The fact of the matter was that Saddam Hussein was the sadistic Orwelian leader of an outlaw state who routinely attacked and prodded anyone in his vicinity. While I view the Bush administration's prosecution the war bad enough to constitute war crimes, I do not, in any way shape or form disagree with the goal.

He wasn't a threat at all.
He was the Iron Curtain separating two rival religious gangs.
Unfortunately, one side got greedy and wanted to tear that wall down.
I still think Saudi Arabia is partially responsible for 911.

less of a threat then pakistan, iran or saudi arabia!

Tony Blair’s cabinet deliberately misled parliament and lied about the danger he posed to the world, because they were desperate to support Bush in his war against anyone with lots of oil.

About as scary and harmful to America as that evil marijuana.

Idiots like you thought OBL wasn't a threat to the US. How did that work out? Saddam had even more resources, you fucking neanderthal.

Back