How threatening was Sadam Hosein to the world?

He was mostly a threat to his own people. Like most bad leaders. His military might was never the same after the Gulf War.

Removing him the way it was done, sent a very bad message in my opinion and continued the cycle of involuntary, foreign-imposed regime changes in the Middle East. Which has eradicated the people's faith in institutions around that region.

The initiative to remove Saddam should've come from within.

He was mostly a threat to his own people. Like most bad leaders. His military might was never the same after the Gulf War.

Removing him the way it was done, sent a very bad message in my opinion and continued the cycle of involuntary, foreign-imposed regime changes in the Middle East. Which has eradicated the people's faith in institutions around that region.

The initiative to remove Saddam should've come from within.

The people of Iran and the Kurds would disagree mightily with this statement. Our declaration of support, and subsequent withdrawal as he slaughtered the Kurds with legions of attack helicopters is one of the US' greatest shames of the 20th century.

Osama died of natural causes. They didnt dump his body in no ocean. I forget why they said they did that but if we really got him he would have been paraded around like Saddam was, even if he was shot. The capture of Saddam and seeing these pics just reminded me of that. They didnt toss him in the fucking ocean. Can't believe people bought that bs. On second thought I can.

Parade a dead body around? You gotta be kidding me? What kind of Weekend At Osama's movie you trying to push?

Oh and I'm not buying your conspiracy theory.

Kuwait is literally 10x worse on human rights then Iraq ever was. Just an absolute shithole.
Source??

And before you answer, keep in kind that I've been to both countries.

Even IF Kuwait was that bad, at least they didn't project their misery upon other countries. Did Kuwait attack Iran? Did Kuwait attack Iraq? Did Kuwait gas the Kurds?

He was a regional threat, he wasn't exporting terrorism like Saudi Arabia or using stolen passports from other countries as a part of an international assassination ring. His great crime was messing with the global oil racket by attacking Kuwait.

And so he had to get whacked.

Why don't you name Israel for the ignorant buffoons who don't know the country you're referring to.

He wasn't a threat, he was contained. Dubya had it in for him cause he had degenerate warmongering chickenhawk fucks -- none of whom served -- advising him.

Osama died of natural causes. They didnt dump his body in no ocean. I forget why they said they did that but if we really got him he would have been paraded around like Saddam was, even if he was shot. The capture of Saddam and seeing these pics just reminded me of that. They didnt toss him in the fucking ocean. Can't believe people bought that bs. On second thought I can.
JYhjaDm.gif

Yep specially to the Kurds, I am not sure about the Kurds if they are extremist type or anti western but from what I have read they are kinda moderate politically this days.

Erbil got some economic boost after Saddam was ousted and had some development but all that has slowed down and now the Kurds are in trouble again it seems.
Why the necro bump lol ?

Parade a dead body around? You gotta be kidding me? What kind of Weekend At Osama's movie you trying to push?

Oh and I'm not buying your conspiracy theory.
It's no less outrageous than buying the story they dumped him in the fucking ocean. That makes absolutely no sense. What was the purpose in that? "a tradition Muslim custom?" Sure..that to me is crazier than thinking he was probably already dead.

Last edited:
lol

People making him out to be a pretty good guy in this thread. Ask the Kurds if they think Sadaam was as benign as you people make him out to be.

Even IF Kuwait was that bad, at least they didn't project their misery upon other countries. Did Kuwait attack Iran? Did Kuwait attack Iraq? Did Kuwait gas the Kurds?

Kuwait wasn't entirely innocent.

Did you forget the part where they set up drills on Iraq's border and were drilling at an angle (slant-drilling) to extract Iraq's oil?

Kuwait wasn't entirely innocent.

Did you forget the part where they set up drills on Iraq's border and were drilling at an angle (slant-drilling) to extract Iraq's oil?

So to address this issue, Iraq just decided to invade? Somethings not right about this.

He invaded Kuwait because they had been diagonally drilling from their side into Iraqi oil reserves. They were stealing his oil and he invaded to stop it.

edit tropodan beat me to it.

Did Kuwait really drilled diagonally or was that another Saddamism? I mean its Sadam bulshitting

He wasn't a nice man but the place didn't get better once he was removed.

I actually supported the invasion on humanitarian grounds, I was a fool.

he invade kuwait............

A bit over a decade before the war that took him from power.
His army lost its teeth after that war.

You mean Sadam Hoisin (learn to spell homie) Is that the dude that invented Hoisin sauce? Not too dangerous unless you want to avoid sodium

If I were you I would be more concern about Samuel Bagoong. (the dude that invented Bagoong) First of all that stuff is nasty and second of all it is hard as hell to pronounce
Lmao!!

I am glad he is gone, but the price to be paid was way, way too high.

Back