How threatening was Sadam Hosein to the world?

lol

People making him out to be a pretty good guy in this thread. Ask the Kurds if they think Sadaam was as benign as you people make him out to be.
He only killed his own people but wasn't a threat to the world, so leave him be sherbro's!!!!!!!

I remember the day he was hanged word has it that he cursed and talk shit about Moctada El Sader I think that is the leader of the Shia militia.

With some people wanting a war with China it seems for some China is another Iraq with its version of Sadam.

Sadam is from a different era 90s Sadam ia billed as one of the most evil.

But China is huge no country can just out Saddam them.

I am still curious how bad was Saddam or how cunning and intelligent he really is.

Could Saddam have ended up being a strong US ally ?

With some people wanting a war with China it seems for some China is another Iraq with its version of Sadam.

Sadam is from a different era 90s Sadam ia billed as one of the most evil.

But China is huge no country can just out Saddam them.

I am still curious how bad was Saddam or how cunning and intelligent he really is.

Could Saddam have ended up being a strong US ally ?

US government used Sadam and Sadam used the US government. As always, once the US has no use for you, they replace you. A quick search provides plenty of reading material. On the phone, might link later.

They were a threat in that they were just agreeing to lease their oil reserves to China. This was the threat I believe.

Depends on who you voted for.

If you voted for Biden and you believe everything the government sells you, he was goddamn Hitler!

If you voted for Trump and you don't trust the government, he was a nothing.

He was the only thing preventing the region from devolving into tribal warfare, which was exactly what happened after he was deposed.

Interesting never knew of a China conection

It's been a while but this is my recollection. At the time it was thought to be the second largest reserve on the planet and was before fracking techniques had been improved. It was pretty clear to some the WMD stuff was bull shit. The UN had a weapons inspector, Hans Blix I think his name was, and he was saying before the war that the US intelligence was garbage.

He was the only thing preventing the region from devolving into tribal warfare, which was exactly what happened after he was deposed.

Besides Israel, Iraq was the only country in the region that guaranteed women access to higher education among other things.

Saddam fascinates me.

He is president of Iraq he has die hard supporters but at the same time has arch Rivals like Muqtada Al Sdr.

despite US suctions against him and all the atrocities he committed against some of the Kurds and Sadrs men it took the Invasion of fucking US of A to remove him from power.

I wonder what back room deals he made with W.Bush in the late 70s and 80s when W. was the Vice Press and later the Press in the late 80s.

In the 90s the after the Gulf War he was so vilified in the global media that in my country Saddam is a household name fathers scare their kids and tells them to behave or else Saddam will get them!

When I was in 2nd Grade a schoolmate of mine would always draw Saddam from Memory!

Every day is Saddam Day every problem in the country was blamed at Saddam! But we are like 7,000 miles from Iraq!

There is even a Tagalog language pop rap novelty song about Saddam!

Because the word Saddam fits with the Tagalog phrase "sa dami" roughly translates so many! The song is about the "so many problems facing society during the early 90s!"

"Presyo ng gasolina ay nakakainis
Lagi na lang tinatago ang supply ng langis
No wonder everybody is going insane
Lahat sila bine blame si mr. Hussein

Chorus:
Sa sa saddami ng problema natin
Sa sa saddami ng utang parin
Sa sa saddami ng kaguluhan
Sumasakit ang ulo ng mamamayan"

Translation.

Price of Oil annoying!
They always hoard the suply of oil