How much is too much for a boxing gym price

the gym near me charges about 35 bucks a month. a couple champions and many contenders and prospects train there. guys like roy jones sr bernard hopkins etc stop by frequently to give free clinics(lol) i believe if you volunteer they actually waive the membership fee too. i rarely train there tho because i already have another gym i like.

I can't tell if you're serious or not haha
That sounds too good to be true

"Too much" is any amount beyond the perceived value that you'll get in exchange for your money.

So, it depends on the quality of the gym really. I'd be willing to pay quite a bit to learn from Freddie Roach at Wild Card.

I don't know if 100/month is considered as expensive in US but here in Singapore it's like a dream price. I am a huge boxing enthusiast but i can't train regularly here because of the fking high price. The typical price of a boxing gym in Singapore is 150/month for students under 21 years old. If you are over 21 y/o (even if you are still student) you have to pay 300/month in Singapore dollars. So that's like 250 USD. If you sign up for 1 year contract it's 1800/year. Drop-in Sessions are like 25-40 dollars.
I am a student, 21 year old. Sadly i can't go to gym on regular basis. I just go to the gym when i save some money. It's like pain in the ass for paying for boxing gyms here. I wish the gym price here is like Britain.

Thread resurrection.....

I just moved to Modesto California from farther up north. I was training at two different gyms where I came from. One gym was $40 a month the other was $60. This place in Modesto that I went to check out wants $125 a month. Is that extreme?

It isn't an MMA gym, just straight boxing, group classes not privates.

Do you have another gym you can take your talents to for a lesser price? I was paying $100/mo in LA - no classes, just training while the head trainer directs things.

This thread was odd in 2012 and is odd now, getting into economics and supply and demand. One corner of the world is going to be paying a different price than another corner of the world.

Do you have another gym you can take your talents to for a lesser price? I was paying $100/mo in LA - no classes, just training while the head trainer directs things.

This thread was odd in 2012 and is odd now, getting into economics and supply and demand. One corner of the world is going to be paying a different price than another corner of the world.

Thanks for replying....

I know of one other boxing gym in the area, haven't been there yet. So, I'm not sure what the prices are.

I have been to an MMA gym though, in the same area and it's the same price; $125.

I guess I feel like an MMA place that's teaching muay thai/ bjj/wrestling/ boxing etc., is justified in charging that much.

And I get what you're saying about prices changing over the years..... The reason I gave my general location was because I believe it's relevant to my griping about the cost. Modesto isn't Beverly Hills or Berkeley or San Francisco, the cost of living is much lower, yet this gym is more expensive than gyms in places where the cost of living is higher.

Boxing being cheap has always been one of its draws for me.

Seriously...it's almost like different places have different standards of living.

Thanks for replying....

I know of one other boxing gym in the area, haven't been there yet. So, I'm not sure what the prices are.

I have been to an MMA gym though, in the same area and it's the same price; $125.

I guess I feel like an MMA place that's teaching muay thai/ bjj/wrestling/ boxing etc., is justified in charging that much.

And I get what you're saying about prices changing over the years..... The reason I gave my general location was because I believe it's relevant to my griping about the cost. Modesto isn't Beverly Hills or Berkeley or San Francisco, the cost of living is much lower, yet this gym is more expensive than gyms in places where the cost of living is higher.

Boxing being cheap has always been one of its draws for me.

Modesto...

<DisgustingHHH>

I used to live in Dinuba so I feel entitled to talk shit.

That sounds pricey as fuck for a straight boxing gym in Modesto. Most MT only gyms in LA are $50-$100 a month, depending on if you just use facilities or take classes also.

Seriously...it's almost like different places have different standards of living.

Modesto...

<DisgustingHHH>

I used to live in Dinuba so I feel entitled to talk shit.

That sounds pricey as fuck for a straight boxing gym in Modesto. Most MT only gyms in LA are $50-$100 a month, depending on if you just use facilities or take classes also.

LOL at the gif.

I'm glad someone else agrees that it's too expensive. I think I'll continue to shop around or just go to the MMA gym.

Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back